Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Completing which quest drops story protection from Coatl?  (Read 1181 times)

michail

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Completing which quest drops story protection from Coatl?
« on: May 15, 2021, 08:04:07 AM »

Coatl is the last remaining military base in the Core Worlds in my playthrough (not belonging to indies or pirates, they are chill and may stay). I want it gone so nobody can bother me with their silly expeditions. It currently has healthy -120 stability, but still will not die. I know that story-critical planets are protected in this manner. What did I miss? I've done the main storyline and the red planet. I didn't do the alpha core one, but I don't recall Coatl being somehow involved in it?

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Completing which quest drops story protection from Coatl?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 08:38:49 AM »

There's a guy on Coatl who's a guaranteed contact. Did you drink with him in the bar? Try adding and removig him from contacts?

michail

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 09:03:51 AM »

Yes, a few times, in fact. He seems to have a really bad memory (that is, until I've added him as a contact, the bar event would repeat). No, I've just deleted him from contacts and satbombed the planet (again. I shudder to think what kind of radioactive hell it is at this point). Still kicking, for some value of kicking.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 09:08:43 AM »

I vaguely recall Coatl's story critical flag being bugged and never going away. Can't find any source for that but it very much seems to be the case, so...

michail

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 09:21:12 AM »

This is unfortunate. Oh well, it's not like a size 3 colony with 0% quality fleets can do much to me at this point beyond being annoying.