Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: sell unique items/blueprints to planetary admins  (Read 2006 times)

Akogishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
sell unique items/blueprints to planetary admins
« on: May 13, 2021, 05:37:34 PM »

I addition to AI cores, has selling unique industry items and blueprints to planet admins been considered?

In addition to credits, I would like to earn some faction rep from selling these types of things to different factions.

Thanks.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: sell unique items/blueprints to planetary admins
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 09:52:45 AM »

Hm. You know, it wouldn't be that hard to make a mod so that selling items that a colony can use will give you rep...

But yes, it feels like this is something the base game should do; if I sell a pristine nanoforge to a faction, they should darned well appreciate that.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 06:45:57 AM »

It's a bit weird you can sell majority of those colony items just like that. A synchrotron core is something you should have to find a buyer for, not just sell anywhere.

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 10:51:51 AM »

It's a bit weird you can sell majority of those colony items just like that. A synchrotron core is something you should have to find a buyer for, not just sell anywhere.

How I imagine the exchange goes in game.
*Walks into a pub*
*Approaches first person in sight*

-Oi mate!
-Wot?
-Fancy a cheeky industrial scale antimatter processing nanoforge that can only be used in planets without atmosphere?
-Aight, how much?
-I'll take 3 of 'em
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 03:19:40 PM »

If you sell a synchotron core to somewhere that can use it in general they will then install it (same with nanoforges), but it's done via the general market like pirate blueprints on the black market. It would be cooler to have to sell them directly though
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 01:37:54 PM »

I addition to AI cores, has selling unique industry items and blueprints to planet admins been considered?

In addition to credits, I would like to earn some faction rep from selling these types of things to different factions.

Thanks.

This is bloody brilliant. This need to be a thing.

Akogishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 07:28:03 AM »

I wouldn't mind working on a mod to do this if someone could help guide me in the right direction. My modding skills are fairly limited. In the past I have added some ships for personal use and got those to work based on guides available. I have also modified xml files before to tweak the game.
Thank you in advance for any and all help.