Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Total War Warhammer 3 Gameplay reveal starting now!  (Read 1206 times)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Total War Warhammer 3 Gameplay reveal starting now!
« on: May 13, 2021, 08:59:17 AM »

For anyone interested in what could be one of the best real time strategy games of all time, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--89PwHsKJM
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Total War Warhammer 3 Gameplay reveal starting now!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 10:58:31 PM »

are they announcing that theyre gonna fix the sieges for the 21st year in a row?
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 02:07:34 AM »

Shogun 2 reskin number No.8?

Feels like TW is the FIFA of strategy games; gotta get that guaranteed annual recurring income!

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 02:47:43 AM »

That's pretty unfair, there are a lot of changes and different mechanics between each game. I'm not even a fan of TW:WH series.
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Drazan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 02:27:57 AM »

That's pretty unfair, there are a lot of changes and different mechanics between each game. I'm not even a fan of TW:WH series.

Yeah thats true, and I LOVE warhammer (40k). But saying that this gonna be the best strategy game is a bit far.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 03:18:28 AM »

are they announcing that theyre gonna fix the sieges for the 21st year in a row?

Yep, that's my primary gripe with TWW. Field battles can be fun, but sieges are just shooting fish in a barrel. And as campaign proceeds you get more sieges and fewer field battles...

Enemy strategic AI also becomes irrelevant past mid-game, because you are mostly fighting script-spawned chaos invasion anyway.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2021, 03:08:51 PM »

Yep, that's my primary gripe with TWW. Field battles can be fun, but sieges are just shooting fish in a barrel. And as campaign proceeds you get more sieges and fewer field battles...

Enemy strategic AI also becomes irrelevant past mid-game, because you are mostly fighting script-spawned chaos invasion anyway.

well even if they don't fix the sieges, they at least finally made the game spoil auto resolve for you which will drastically reduce the amount of needless sieges you have to do since you can confidently skip every siege that will be a lossless autoresolve. took them entirely too long to give in on that front though; age of wonders did that 2 decades ago
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then