Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Make Cryosleeper increase the maximum colony size?  (Read 5077 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Make Cryosleeper increase the maximum colony size?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2021, 09:15:38 AM »

I wouldn't mind a cryosleeper allowing colonies to grow to size 7, instead or in addition to the current bonus of faster colony growth. It would make it more enticing, instead of ultimately unnecessary.

(a beta core for instance)
I find it funny that you didn't even think of gamma cores friendship tokens. I still hate that Alex got rid of player colony contribution to the global market to make gamma cores less bad, and even that failed.
Oh do gamma cores reduce resource requirements? I think I switched the upkeep and resource reductions in my head. In that case, it's even less of an issue that they have high organics requirements.

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2021, 09:28:04 AM »

what if also distance makes a big difference ?
planets in the same system could have population growth increase AND size limit exceeding 6 to maybe 7 or 8
and farther you're from the cryosleeper the bonuses diminishes until it only increases rate
you could even share a cryosleeper with a faction to increase diplomacy but that's probably best for nexerelin   

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2021, 10:20:24 AM »

If you think rare shouldn't equal powerful then it should at least equal unique. Plus you're likely sacrificing accessibility in order to make use of the cryosleeper.
If only they are forced spawned over 25 ly from core world which I believe it's not.
It is already a huge 10ly radius of free money planets (or rather, two), it doesn't need to be stronger.

what if also distance makes a big difference ?
planets in the same system could have population growth increase AND size limit exceeding 6 to maybe 7 or 8
and farther you're from the cryosleeper the bonuses diminishes until it only increases rate
you could even share a cryosleeper with a faction to increase diplomacy but that's probably best for nexerelin   
That was the main complaint from last patch that cryosleeper only affect planets in the same system.
Now it's already overpowered but players are just going to ask for more until it become obviously OP and nerfed to ground again.
Also, you got awesome idea!
I advocate nerfing current effect to scale with distance, only full effect in the same system and -10% per ly.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 10:25:20 AM by Sutopia »

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2021, 01:27:58 PM »

I advocate nerfing current effect to scale with distance, only full effect in the same system and -10% per ly.
It already works like that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]