Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Allow for toggling of Strafing using the shift button  (Read 821 times)

Infoblaze

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Allow for toggling of Strafing using the shift button
« on: May 07, 2021, 10:04:44 AM »

Holding down the shift key the entire battle is annoying and not fun.  Allow for me to hit it once to turn the option on (I would prefer it is always on by default by the way) and it turns off it you hit the key again.  This would be a huge quality of life improvement.

EVWeb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Allow for toggling of Strafing using the shift button
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 07:13:20 PM »

I definitely agree, but until then, you can use: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18166.0

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 12:06:49 AM »

Also would be useful if we could define which side of the ship should point at the cursor, broadside ships are more annoying to use than others because you have to manually point the side at the enemy.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 01:44:51 PM »

Fourthed!

I would point out, however, that changing keyboard behavior this late in the game's development might not be a popular decision.  Prolly better to instead make Ctrl-Shift the default toggle to always strafe, rather than something like double "clicking" the shift key.

I also agree that broadside-style ships should include at least some further broadside indicators.

Finally, as much as I hate this ridiculous gaming mouse with like six buttons, can weapon fire be linked for additional support for multi-button computer mice.  Would be nice to be able to fire broadsides or angle locked weapon mounts (ie, forward firing) with an extra single click.  Let me worry about mis-clicking...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 01:46:41 PM by slowpersun »
I wasn't always a Judge...

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 02:03:03 PM »

I would point out, however, that changing keyboard behavior this late in the game's development might not be a popular decision.  Prolly better to instead make Ctrl-Shift the default toggle to always strafe, rather than something like double "clicking" the shift key.
It could simply be a toggle in the settings.