Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: No blueprints from domain probes  (Read 1329 times)

StarSenger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
No blueprints from domain probes
« on: May 12, 2021, 03:39:22 PM »

Hi everyone!
I am kind of new to the game, been playing a while on vanilla 0.91 version, where I explored probably around 50 systems and I feel like I got most of the blueprints available in the game (86 ship hulls), including most of the capital ships (didn't have the Onslaught - is there a blueprint for it?), and generally I had tons of duplicates.
Now I started second, modded, Nexerelin-based 0.95a playthrough mostly based on vanilla-adjacent mods from Captain Trek's guide (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17807.0), and it seems like I don't get any blueprint from eg domain era probes. After 2 in-game years, with more than 20 star systems explored I still have only 21 ship hull blueprints - is this how many are granted at the start of the game?  :'(
I do get special colony items/boosters (total of 8), some AI cores (30 gamma + 1 alpha), some hull mods (although they seem rare as well), but domain probes mostly gives me only 4 resources - supplies, fuel, heavy machinery and metals. I just destroyed a mothership and received gamma AI + corrupted nanoforge, and a cryoarythmetic engine from debris. I understand randomness, but this seems simply broken.

Is there any way I can test and verify that bug, maybe see the actual loot tables, for example for the probes? Any help appreciated. Modlist in the attachment.

It is kind of ruining the fun once I realized that something is off and also ruining the hopes for future colonies and end game :(

Thanks and best regards

[attachment deleted by admin]

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
Re: No blueprints from domain probes
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 04:56:13 PM »

What's funny is that I thought this was normal in every playthrough I've done so far I actually forgot domain era probes gave blueprints at all or anything else for the matter. I have the same issue as you I guess but I'm playing version 0.91a of starsector seems I can cross off Adjusted sector as the issue. so it might be loot calculations getting stuck or failing to calculate or something odd. All this time i was like how do people get so many blueprints? LOL
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 05:05:45 PM »

It seems there is a discrepancy between the wiki and what players list as drops from the probes? On the wiki, I see no mention of blueprints and nano forges and so on getting dropped, but I have seen the listed items from the wiki drop such as organics gamma cores and HM's. Can someone confirm whether nex adjusts loot dropped from DE Probes? And whether BP's drop in vanilla. I haven't played vanilla in 3 years. I really do not want to bother Histidine with this one as he is already preoccupied and I feel stupid myself at this point.

Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 06:03:34 PM »

This is completely normal behaviour in Starsector, in general, my friend the lads in the discord and some confirmation I've revealed that your game is completely normal and thankfully mine too (you made me doubt myself) domain era probes do not drop anything besides what's listed on the wiki I would consider this topic solved! Enjoy your game and if you're missing blueprints go raid said military colony from a faction!

StarSenger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 06:04:26 AM »

Is this normal for Vanilla or Nexerelin though? Because I feel like something has changed between the two.

Let me just mention that there is also discrepancy between the wiki and the wiki, because even though Probes wiki says the it does not contain blueprints, the Blueprint wiki says that BPs can be found in probes.

Well anyway, thanks for clarifying this, I can sleep better now.

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 07:25:13 AM »

This should really be adressed

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 07:45:07 AM »

...Okay. Fine. I'll bite.

What made you think domain probes were supposed to drop blueprints? Because, as far as I'm aware, this is something that they have never done.

Or, in short, if you've ever gotten a blueprint from a probe*, that is the bug that someone might want to look into.

_____
* footnote: it may be possible for a blueprint to turn up on a probe in 0.95 if (and only if) you got a mission telling you that blueprint existed in that star system, as those missions (things like the old person with the book) actually create a blueprint where there wasn't one before. I haven't personally seen this - it's always been on derelict ships or unexplored ruins for me - but I'd believe that it's possible.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

StarSenger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 03:22:22 PM »

Hi, no need to bite, as I linked, the Blueprints wiki page says that you can acquire them by salvaging derelict probes (https://starsector.fandom.com/wiki/Blueprints).

But really that was just my impression, in the first playthrough I got tons of BPs, in the second playthrough I got almost none and I was opening one probe after another, and you know, probes are these special objects, so I expected something more from that than just 4 basic supplies. I guess I just must've encountered many more research stations than I remember during the first playthrough, sorry for misinformation

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 06:28:49 PM »

Fixed the damn false information in the wiki (I should have done it earlier)