Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: auction station?  (Read 1864 times)

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
auction station?
« on: April 13, 2012, 03:12:42 PM »

got this idea from my AAR:

basically, you bid for damaged ships (cause bidding for new ones would get way too costly =P), have something like salvage ships look around for undercrewed ships and nab them, and sell them off at auction stations (or shipyards willing to hold such auctions) maybe just as in my AAR, your reputation with the people at the auction station will influence if they will actually hand it over to you or not accept your bid at all, and at shipyards with military personnel, the more "seasoned" captains get precedence over the newly initiated captains(so say, you're level 8, and bidding against a level 9 and 7, the auctioneer will likely take the lvl 9s bid over yours, but if he liked you more than 9, then he will take yours, etc etc.)

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: auction station?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:08:46 PM »

This would be sweet, but would you be able to raid the salvage ships?

Arcanos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: auction station?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 07:03:42 PM »

I think this would be a great idea, I'd love to see the different factions have salvage crews to go and get their ships back along with any surviving crew after a battle. You could have these surviving crews be part of faction relationships, such as rescueing them and bringing them back to their station to get back on their good side or killing them to anger the faction. Maybe even if they get captured become slaves that are bided on at these auction stations. OR there could just be an entire faction that just goes around and picks up these destroyed ships and sells them off. Hell, that could be a way for you to play the game even, picking up destroyed ships to repair and running an auction house. :)