Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1121734 times)

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)
« Reply #1590 on: December 16, 2023, 11:45:53 AM »

0.96a update with MShadowy's permission: https://github.com/wispborne/Shadowyards/releases/latest/download/Shadowyards_Wisp.zip

This is a compatibility update based on MShadowy's latest unreleased, in-development changes (22 Sept, 2022, located at https://github.com/MShadowy/shadowyards/). I am not taking over the mod :)

Changelog
These are all changes done by MShadowy that were in-dev but not yet released.
So, these are all changes since the current 0.95a version.
Spoiler
0.9.6-rc1 Dev Changleog
https://github.com/MShadowy/shadowyards/blob/master/changelog.txt

Updated the SRA's relationships on generation to include more factions, which should resolve some weirdness in Nexerelin
    An error with the Nidhoggr Lance that was preventing it from properly applying the piercing effect has been resolved
    TODO Adjust firing script to allow for the Lance to to be held at partial charge, which should make the AI a little less weird with it
    Increased the Ninurta's monthly and per deployment supply costs to 12 (from 8)
    Increased the Cetus' monthly and per deployment supply costs to 9 (from 7)
    Increased the Skadi's OP to 260 (from 220)
    Realized I had not, in fact, given the Mimir (R) it's short hop version of the Lock Drive and fixed this oversight
    Updated and improved the Tartarus sprite
    Updated descriptions for the Modular Fabricators to remove now erroneous text referring to nanoforge compatability
    Entirely replaced the sprite for the Poseidon High Value Bounty, (TODO) and gave it a custom Flux Draining system and interlinked main weapon
       The System temporarily reduces the flux pool of the target vessel
          The Poseidon does not directly get this flux itself, instead powering it's main weapon with it
          The effect lasts about 15 seconds, but can be "reinvigorated" if the Poseidon can vampirize another ship
          Stacks up to 5 times, with weapon effect increases happening at 1, 3, and 5 pips
          System becomes much less accurate as number of pips increase
       The basic weapon effect is a faily basic plasma bolt, decent damage, not great flux efficiency, middling RoF
          Uses on hit effects to attach scripts
          Every weapon effect increase adds additional subprojectiles when the weapon is fired, each with it's own effect
             1 pip : Additional damage
             3 pips: Huge indiscriminate EMP bursts
             5 pips: Big shovey impulse blast / slight effect refresher on each hit
    PARTIAL Added the Asphodel Test Bed Cruiser to High Value Bounties
       Still remaining to do is to adjust it's firing script so to make it friendlier for AI use
    Updated the Maleficent sprite and gave it a unique hullmod, Wolfpack Systems
       WpS linearly improves weapon performance aboard the host ship for each additional ship with the same hullmod within a range of 800:
          RoF of Ballistic and Energy weapons increased by 20%
          Damage of Beams and Missile weapons increased by 25%
          If WpS cannot network with anything else, it gives no bonus
    Increased beam speed for the Kamal and Mughal to 10,000 (from 2,000)
    Made the Yajna system significantly less compressed, which should hopefully help resolve some issues with patrols
    Fixed an issue with unbuildable structures causing ridiculously inflated planet bounty prices in Nexerelin
    Shikomes now no longer glow like the freakin' sun when under the effects of the Fighter Control Relay
    Changed 12 (of 15) EveryFrameScripts that were always being loaded in combat so that they should only show up when being used
    Updated the script for the SRA's faction doctrine to be more in line with the current system
    Adjusted Charge Cyclers recharge increase down to 15% (from 25%)
    Updated the Phase Anchor script to include the speed disruption effect in standard Phase Cloaks
       The speed disruption reaches its full effect more rapidly (at 33% flux/disruption) but is not as severe (50% speed reduction)
    Fixed a bug in the GAT system where the system effect was not correctly unapplying
    Also generally went through and cleared out a number of old and unused scripts
    Adjusted the flux dissipation on some of the Yardie derived ships:
       The Southpaws flux dissipation has beeing increased to 220 (from 150)
       The Potnia-bis' flux dissipation has been increased to 360 (from 300)
       The Potnia-tris' flux dissipation has been increased to 240 (from 200)
    Trimmed the number of missions down to five
    Removed the Cloned Organs commodity from circulation, due a number of issues with its basic implementation
    Fixed a typo in the world gen scripts that was preventing a particular derelict from spawning
    Added a new music track to the campaign layer, courtesy of Mesotronik

CONSIDER Shuffling ships to specific factions/subfactions as a way of keeping up ship variety while reducing total number of ships
    TODO Add one more Large Missile Launcher
        2nd, another AoE weapon, missilized version of the Shamash's phase gun:
          inital AoE damage and range is small, but ignores shields, follow up damage is from a persisting AoE DoT (explained as a "phase storm" caused by the p-mass bubble escaping
          back into p-space)
          duration undetermined; tentatively 4-8 seconds, randomized within a range
          At ~1/2 to 2/3rds of the way through the effect it begins diminishing in size at a logarithmic/exponential pace (depending on what feels better)
          sucks into the middle
          greater intensity as it ends?
          main elements:
             main script tracking ships inside AoE and applying damage through EMP strikes at semi-random intervals
          supporting elements:
             scripted spawning of "wandering" non-colliding projectiles, serving as both visual elements and the purpose of AI Trickery (i.e. getting to keep their shields up)
          visual elements:
             scripted spawning of "wandering" invisible non-colliding projectiles to be chased by custom trail effects
             scripted "phase storm cloud" effect consisting of two custom particle types
                should approximately fill the effected area
                mostly translucent "cloud" effect particle that is present for most of the time the effect is active; some rotation/movement?
                "cloud to cloud" lightning particle; appears behind "cloud" particles at random intervals in semi-random clusters for short durations
             non damaging emp arcs between random points within area of effect
             SCRIPTS NEEDED:
                MAIN SCRIPT - handles initial detonation, AoE damage and spawning of sub projectiles
                SUBPROJ HANDLERS - directs sub projectiles and sets them to non-colliding, spawns custom trails that follow them
                CLOUD HANDLER - handles the visual effects for the storm system, spawning the custom particles and timing the cloud-to-cloud lightning
    TODO Trim and redo missions - PARTIAL; missions trimmed
        KEEPERS - Triune, They Might be Giants, Drums in the Deep, Cease and Desist plus the Random missions and Stampede
        CHANGES
                TRIUNE - Expand mission events considerably with FS2 style mission expansion; at least a plot twist and some in mission dialogue
                TMBG - Get ships predamaged as intended, set CR to the desired levels, change it to a pursuit mission
                DRUMS - Expand mission events with FS2 style mission extension, have virus bomb attack shown in post mission success cutscene
                CAD - Mission needs to be reconsidered and seriously rebalanced
                RANDOM - Fix Random mission script so it actually spawns fleets successfully, solves bugs where it would sometimes fail to generate fleets (Done)
                STAMPEDE - More Buffalo, more variations on Buffalo, fewer friendly ships, and fix it to make it work consistently
[close]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 11:28:46 AM by Wispborne »
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: December 16, 2023, 03:21:58 PM »

0.96a update with MShadowy's permission: https://github.com/wispborne/Shadowyards/releases/download/001/Shadowyards_Wisp.zip

Note: I am not taking over the mod :) This is just a compatibility update based on MShadowy's latest unreleased changes (22 Sept, 2022).

Thanks so much for this!  This is one of my favorite mods and it's so nice to be able to still use it!  A question though, when you say that you're not taking over the mod does that imply that MShadowy still might come back to continue modding this?

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: December 16, 2023, 03:29:06 PM »

Thanks so much for this!  This is one of my favorite mods and it's so nice to be able to still use it!  A question though, when you say that you're not taking over the mod does that imply that MShadowy still might come back to continue modding this?

It does not mean that :P
buuuuut

These are some messages from MShadowy on the Discord server
26 Nov, 2023: unfortunately I just haven't had the wherewithal to even finish up the current unreleased build, to say nothing of going over the sprites and getting everything roughly on par/fixing weird spots/etc.
17 June, 2023: I'd like to get [the 0.96a update] out but I'm kinda swamped and haven't been able to get into a good headspace for programming

plus some more messages earlier this year along the same lines, so I think/hope MShadowy is still going to work on it!
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: December 16, 2023, 06:12:48 PM »

It does not mean that :P
buuuuut

These are some messages from MShadowy on the Discord server
26 Nov, 2023: unfortunately I just haven't had the wherewithal to even finish up the current unreleased build, to say nothing of going over the sprites and getting everything roughly on par/fixing weird spots/etc.
17 June, 2023: I'd like to get [the 0.96a update] out but I'm kinda swamped and haven't been able to get into a good headspace for programming

plus some more messages earlier this year along the same lines, so I think/hope MShadowy is still going to work on it!

I sure hope they find the time and motivation to as I'd love to see more Shadowyards additions or even just a balancing pass!

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 11:28:39 AM by Wispborne »

Jonass

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 17, 2024, 08:06:43 AM »

Hi there,

Last update 002. My Shadow yards markets are overflowing with ships. Like hundreds ships of all sizes. Feels not right

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 17, 2024, 08:09:27 AM »

Um, that's an issue. I'll take a look.

Here's the link to the previous version: https://github.com/wispborne/Shadowyards/releases/download/001/Shadowyards_Wisp.zip

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 17, 2024, 06:39:53 PM »

Hi there,

Last update 002. My Shadow yards markets are overflowing with ships. Like hundreds ships of all sizes. Feels not right

Thank you again. Here's a fix: https://github.com/wispborne/Shadowyards/releases/latest/download/Shadowyards_Wisp.zip

When I fixed the memory leak, I made a mistake when adding the script that adds Redwings ships to SRA markets and instead of being added once, the script was added once...every frame.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 11:26:39 AM by Wispborne »

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 17, 2024, 06:47:14 PM »

Hi there,

Thank you again. Here's a fix: https://github.com/wispborne/Shadowyards/releases/download/003/Shadowyards_Wisp.zip

When I fixed the memory leak, I made a mistake when adding the script that adds Redwings ships to SRA markets and instead of being added once, the script was added once...every frame.

Oh wow...  o_O

Thanks for the updates and fixes!

Jonass

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 18, 2024, 01:35:24 AM »

Thank you again. Here's a fix: https://github.com/wispborne/Shadowyards/releases/download/003/Shadowyards_Wisp.zip

No, thank you. I love this mod and you are the reason i can use it. Very much appreciated. 

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: March 01, 2024, 02:18:20 PM »

Hi there,

Heya Wisp, you wouldn't happen to know if this is likely to work with 0.97 would you?

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: March 03, 2024, 11:26:17 AM »

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 20, 2024, 07:39:37 AM »

0.97a recompile: https://github.com/wispborne/Shadowyards/releases/download/004/Shadowyards_Wisp.zip

No changes from the previous version.
Thank you!
I love you. I love MShadowy, I love ya all. :3
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107]