Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bounty stations (pirate/pathers) cannot be raided without destroying fleets  (Read 815 times)

Perq

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello,

not sure if its bug or a feature, but it seems not to be in line with how core-world stations can be raided (due to them not being destructible).

If there are fleets nearby a bounty station the station cannot be raided, even if those fleet do not want to engage you on their own (running away when aproached). The problem is that you can't attack the station with fleets nearby, because if you do the base will be destroyed and you won't be able to raid it anymore.
In order to raid such base one has to chase those fleets around until they are far enough to not be able to help the station. Seems clunky, so I assume it is not intended.

(sorry if this was posted already, I tried searching around but failed to find similar issue being posted)

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey! Thank you for the report, I've logged it to get looked at.

(I suspect there might need to be a clarification in some of the logic about whether a station is considered to be able to actively resist or not.)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I'd say this is a feature - just an interaction of how several different mechanics work. You can still engage the fleets minus the station, try to take them down without attacking the station, distract them (through taking control of an in-system relay or some such, or with a sensor burst), and so on.

(One thing of note is that in the next build, really small fleets won't be able to prevent you from raiding. So hopefully that'll help here in the more awkward case where the fleets don't want to engage.)

Perq

• Ensign
    • View Profile

(One thing of note is that in the next build, really small fleets won't be able to prevent you from raiding. So hopefully that'll help here in the more awkward case where the fleets don't want to engage.)

I think that is the root of the problem - these fleets run away and never want to engage (will try to run away when engaged) unless station is nearby - then they stay near the station locking the raid option out.

It is awkward because I assume that if you can raid the station, you have enough force to get close to it without losing any ships (as-in fighting it on "regular" combat screen, your ships don't actually try to destroy it). If that is the case, then having to chase around few ships that would not try to engage you otherwise without destroying the station is just a problem of the game forcing the player into combat, in which there is no option to "just destroy the ships, leave the station alone" or even "get close to the station to raid it, destroy ships".