Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.95a, RC15]Same seed but hypershunt spawns in different systems  (Read 1008 times)

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile

My understanding is that when using the same game seed, the world spawns the same stuff at the same locations, including coronal hypershunts.

However, for the following seed:

MN-1717973622428731605

One of the hypershunts will usually spawn at Alpha Ning. But on repeated tries, I've also seen it spawn at Asmoday, Zeta Kesh, and Mance. The other hypershunt seems to always spawn at Ulubis.

This is using 0.95a RC15.

Not sure if this affects anything, but I noticed that (using devmode) there are usually 3 purple systems, the third being Gamma Thalos, which is a "false" (no hypershunt) system, so not sure if it's something happening when the code selects hypershunt locations.

This is using vanilla, I have some utility mods but there shouldn't be any that affect world generation. The list of mods are:

{"enabledMods": [
  "$$$_lightshow",
  "CaptainsLog",
  "chatter",
  "lw_radar",
  "lw_console",
  "hostileIntercept",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "MagicLib",
  "TAR",
  "PT_ShipDirectionMarker",
  "speedUp",
  "WEAPONARCS",
  "shaderLib"
]}

I'm using devmode on/off via Console Commands. Usually I'll remember to turn it off before I load or quit game, but a couple times I forgot. Not sure if that affects anything. But even on a fresh game load, it will sometimes spawn in different locations; spawning at Mance was on a fresh load.

My starting options are hammerhead, normal difficult, start with tutorial, if that affects anything.

The cryosleepers seem to always spawn in the same systems, so it's only the hypershunts that move. It doesn't seem like a bad seed (the cryosleepers are relatively close to core) so maybe I'll get lucky if I keep re-rolling this seed and get a hypershunt close to the cryosleepers :)

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
Re: [0.95a, RC15]Same seed but hypershunt spawns in different systems
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 10:54:45 PM »

Re: Gamma Thalos, the third purple system has the Red Planet.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 06:01:44 AM »

Thank you for the report, I've logged this to get a look at. I suspect that Hypershunts should be deterministic, so ... we'll make sure that's the case in the unmodded game.

Antichrist Hater

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 05:16:55 AM »

This still appears to be happening in the latest versions. I started a new seed that I had saved and the hypershunt is suspiciously missing from where it should be.