Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

If you were limited to only 1 tree which would it be and why?

Combat
Leadership
Technology
Industry

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Best Skill Tree 0.95  (Read 34064 times)

Malignity.

• Ensign
  • Hi, im on steam, if you want to add me: PM =)
    • View Profile
Re: Best Skill Tree 0.95
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2021, 01:09:35 PM »

You need alpha admins, absolutely no reason to waste skills on colonies.
Only "downside" is that they attract expeditions and terrorists. You would get both without them anyway, unless you really bend over backwards to not make money.
Bribe with SP for extra convenience.

i see your point but personally i disagree
The night draws near and daylight fades
Ignore the voices discard the day
For the brand new darkness for the bright new way
Hit

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2021, 02:17:39 PM »

Can I assume we all agree that Tech is in a good place and that the other 3 trees need to be brought up to it's level? I don't want anyone reading this thinking nerfs are needed. The other trees need improvements.

Hellya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2021, 02:24:43 PM »

I picked Technology, because it's the one I've spent the most skill points on.

First campaign was 0 / 5 / 5 / 5.
Second campaign was either 0 / 1 / 9 / 4 or 1 / 0 / 9 / 4.
Third and fourth campaign were 2 / 4 / 5 / 4.

That said, I've not yet tried Automated Ships, and first four skill points go to Industry, because I want Field Repairs.

Give the automated a try. It is probably worth more than the vast majority of skills. Not because of the ships, it is because the alpha cores give you more fleet weight.

Tchey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Jeux1d100
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2021, 12:11:31 AM »

Can I assume we all agree that Tech is in a good place and that the other 3 trees need to be brought up to it's level? I don't want anyone reading this thinking nerfs are needed. The other trees need improvements.

Yes, i’d much prefer to see other trees going up, rather than Tech going down.

Argentj

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2021, 10:03:42 AM »

Tech is unquestionably the strongest:  it has strategic and tactical buffs alike that are just gobstoppers. 

Fully agree with the sentiment that others should get a refactor with an improvement slant:  desegregating skills that you want both of but in this new system would require 75% of your SP to get.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2021, 04:25:16 PM »

Tech is cool. Combat remains flagship-only, which is silly IMO, and flagship-only buffs remain scarce in the other trees. I would prefer to see more skills that combine fleet-wide and flagship-only buffs.

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2021, 07:55:43 PM »

Quick question. How much crystal meth did you fellas smoke to vote freaking Industry as the best skill tree in 0.95?

Jokes aside, it has self annulling skills when you double pick, stuff is just whack.
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2021, 08:14:18 PM »

People don't like managing supplies.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2021, 06:32:21 AM »

Quick question. How much crystal meth did you fellas smoke to vote freaking Industry as the best skill tree in 0.95?

Jokes aside, it has self annulling skills when you double pick, stuff is just whack.

The entire tree is leaning on the I4 skills. The rest of the tree reads like some perk bonus you unlocked for doing something in game, the logistics ones that is. Like oh that's a neat bonus I unlocked for free, not oh I'd pay a skill point for that lack luster sub par skill.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2021, 06:47:41 AM »

Industry 2 is not too shabby.  I like I2R on ships with either low PPT (all frigates, phase ships, or anything with SO) or high CR cost per deployment (Ziggurat and Hyperion).

As for Industry 5, if I have only one point left after getting 14 skills and Industry 4, Industry 5 is a "Why Not?"  I do not pilot carriers and C1R is useless.  L1L only gives me +3% or +4% more damage late in the game - a joke; and L1R seems like a joke late too.  T1R selling point is Neutrino Detector, which I do not care about (even if I get it for free from the quest chain).

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2021, 07:00:55 AM »

I2 isn't logistics and if you want combat bonuses there is a tree for it.

I'd rather have a +4% fleet damaged then I5. L1/T1 all 4 are better then I5, I got AI cores for that stuff and the skill is useless till you have a colony.

SurplusDOS

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2021, 07:14:09 AM »

L1L only gives me +3% or +4% more damage late in the game - a joke;

How did you get the 3%/4% figure? I always went for L1L because I thought it would be a decent improvement to the overall fleet.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2021, 07:18:35 AM »

It sounds like Megas has a fleet of 360 DP worth of combat ships or more. My endgame fleet came to a neat 220, but it uses a Radiant, so I wouldn't say I play fair.

Draba

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2021, 08:17:35 AM »

L1L only gives me +3% or +4% more damage late in the game - a joke;

How did you get the 3%/4% figure? I always went for L1L because I thought it would be a decent improvement to the overall fleet.
If you keep it lean with standard battlesize the bonus is ~7%.
200 DP already includes militarized atlas/prometheus for convenience, that's still ~6%.
Certainly not the best skill, but it's a fleetwide so very good IMO.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2021, 08:21:27 AM »

Ziggurat, Radiant, five to seven Dooms (for multiple fights), two or three Harbingers.  Do not know if Phantoms count as combat ships, I bring about five of them to raid pinata planets (for supplies or drugs) to the ground.  Sometimes, I bring Paragon too.

I want to bring backup ships in case my primary ships die or run out of CR.  Ziggurat and Radiant are hangar queens, down to malfunctions after one fight.  If I kill a triple Radiant Ordos (with chain Dooms or something), several ships will be damaged too much to chain-battle the next Ordos out of the mob nearby.  If I am not hunting Ordos, I can probably cut the ships down to Ziggurat, Radiant, two or three Dooms, and a Harbinger.

If the enemy brings big fleet, I want a big fleet too!

Without Tech 10, I cannot do some of the cheese as well as a Tech 10 fleet.  Special Modifications is really powerful for some ships.

I took Automated Ships instead of Spec.Mods because I did not want to take any permanent skills, and watching overpowered Radiant wreck things like an SNK boss would in a fighting game is fun.

I2 isn't logistics and if you want combat bonuses there is a tree for it.
Which I take too, which leaves Leadership the odd tree out, and I highly resent the game pushing me to take Leadership skills (specifically Wolfpack Tactics) because fleet needs frigates unless I abuse phase ships.  (I guess I could use Furies, but I got phase ships by the time I could build unlimited Furies.)

Last release, the Combat skill I took first was Combat Endurance (or maybe it was Helmsmanship and Evasive Maneuvers for mobility boosts), which is now in Industry as Reliability Engineering.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 08:31:28 AM by Megas »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4