Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Fighter Expansion Rebalanced v1.1.1a  (Read 104172 times)

peppermeth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Fighter Expansion Rebalanced v1.1.1a
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2021, 08:56:09 PM »

I tried using the mod but the game crash and it tell me that it doesn't found the lg broadsword. What should i do?

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2021, 07:55:25 AM »

I like the faction-specific fighter variants. Really adds that extra bit of identity.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2021, 06:30:04 AM »

Is it me or did this mod delete Daggers from the game? Cause I can't seem to find them anywhere I look, from Eochu Bres to Jangala to Maairath

Or is it just me having bad luck, because I have been seeing more longbows than daggers around(idk why, since I usually find them rarer than daggers)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 07:05:25 AM by JAL28 »

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2021, 11:58:28 AM »

i just looked at the code, wing.data doesnt do anything to the dagger. i think ur just having bad luck
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2021, 05:21:49 PM »

Did the mod have a stealth update at some point? Thread topic still says 1.1.1a but the downloadable version is 1.1.1b, just curious

Never mind I didn't see it mentioned in a previous post, blind as always   :-X
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 08:03:32 PM by Nextia »

Manually applicable D-Mod-like-hullmods, for when blowing ships to hell isn't fast enough

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2022, 01:18:30 PM »

Just a quick shoutout to say that this mod is sorely missed since last game update. Maybe it still works - it probably does - but given the changes to a lot of vanilla balancing and the evolution of other mods I'm not sure the balance is still as good and things still work as intended.
If anyone knows how it performs in 95.1a I'd very much like to know. My carriers feel so empty inside.

jlrperkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2022, 07:52:11 AM »

No updates in like, forever :( :(

I'm more than half tempted to install it anyway. Has anyone gone ahead and installed it in the latest (0.95.1 RC6) version? Any bugs or crashes?

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2022, 11:58:18 AM »

No updates in like, forever :( :(

I'm more than half tempted to install it anyway. Has anyone gone ahead and installed it in the latest (0.95.1 RC6) version? Any bugs or crashes?

I am currently running the latest v1.1.1b version from the first thread post, on Starsector 0.95.1a RC6, alongside 125 other mods.

It's been over two months. No crashes related to this mod thus far.

PeopleThief

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2022, 12:39:15 PM »

Not sure whether or not this mod is dead (It still works and is a great addition to the game), but if it is not, I think that the LG and XIV variants of the thunder have standard ion cannons when they should have high delay variants, and the same is true for the LG Gladius's IR pulse laser (though the XIV gladius has the correct high delay laser).

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2022, 12:36:43 AM »

Not dead.  Just nothing new to report.  Holding off on doing stuff with this until the next major Starsector patch, unless something truly game breaking crops up.

The XIV Fighters in general have a sort of theme: In addition to a basic upgrade package common to all XIV Fighters (Up-armoring, Flux- Core improvements at some expense of speed and mobility), their weapon packages are usually upgraded in some fashion.  The Khopesh receives ECCM, the Broadsword receives Swarmer missiles, the Gladius upgrades their LMGs to DLMGs, and the Thunder's Ion cannons get upgraded to standards.  I think it's mentioned in the codex file.  Naturally, the XIV fighters are also more OP intensive than their standard counterparts depending on the effectiveness of the upgrade, especially for stuff like the Broadsword & Thunder, so it's not a free lunch.

I'm pretty sure LG is not supposed to have that though.  I'll have to double check that.  Then again, this may be moot soon.  The whole LG fighter line may be getting the axe, based on my understanding of the upcoming new Sindrian Diktat; apparently the revamp has their fleet doctrinally using no fighter support whatsoever... (Based upon the "Uniquifying The Factions II blogpost)

(Relatedly, the Sentinel would be removed from Diktat fleets if the new concept goes live, and would probably become PL exclusive.)

I had originally planned on an update to this mod that included new fighters, weapons, and possibly even a carrier or two.  Unfortunately, the spriting process went poorly, and I got burnt out on both modding & the game as an unanticipated side effect, for a time anyways.

Long story short, my total inability to sprite is the main inhibitor of me implementing new content for this mod (and my Weapons Pack mod for that matter, stuck in limbo for the same reason).  At minimum, I'd have to partner with a spriter to co-create the mod who's capable of making small vanilla-like weapons and fighter craft, or enslave one pay for the service.  Neither seems likely in the short term, so the prospect of new content any time soon is low, but rest assured I will still continue to make compatibility and balance updates past 0.95.

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2022, 09:30:48 AM »

Not dead.  Just nothing new to report.  Holding off on doing stuff with this until the next major Starsector patch

Thanks for the update on the whys and hows. Still works on RC16. Still a very solid package for vanilla-ish dogfights. Highly recommended.

topley

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2022, 09:08:49 AM »

Hey great mod, just a question though for some reason the SFL mods only show up on frigate-sized hulls for me, did anyone else have that problem? I can install them semi-automatically by having them be in the goal variants for ships, but for some reason they don't show up in the regular hullmod menu

AustinK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2022, 07:30:19 AM »

Hey, its a really small issue, but I tried to edit this mod's description.csv file with Rons editor, it crashes with 'JSONObject["id"] not found' message. I can edit other csv files such as wing_data or hull_data, but only description file causes crash. I noticed there's some glitched letters on descriptions, so there's maybe some format compatibility issue with that specific file?

Otherwise the mod itself works fine, so no worries on that part.

Klize1917

• Ensign
  • I love Bing Chilling
    • View Profile
    • Chinese Forum Personal Page
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2022, 12:56:26 AM »

Hey, its a really small issue, but I tried to edit this mod's description.csv file with Rons editor, it crashes with 'JSONObject["id"] not found' message. I can edit other csv files such as wing_data or hull_data, but only description file causes crash. I noticed there's some glitched letters on descriptions, so there's maybe some format compatibility issue with that specific file?

Otherwise the mod itself works fine, so no worries on that part.
Open csv file in https://products.aspose.app/cells/editor/csv then save it. It should help solve the problem.
When my friends ask me what I'm playing, I say I'm playing excel and notepad, sometimes java.

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2023, 08:13:08 AM »

Still plans for a 0.96a update?
Pages: 1 2 [3]