Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [0.95a] Fighter Expansion Rebalanced v1.1.1a  (Read 104170 times)

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Fighter Expansion Rebalanced v1.1.1a
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2021, 01:11:13 PM »

Mod updated to v1.1.1a, includes the a fix for case-sensitive OS's, two weapons, and a slew of new Fighter craft to toy with.

Master Troano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2021, 01:13:23 PM »

Is this save compatible?

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2021, 01:55:08 PM »

Yep!

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2021, 12:50:51 PM »

Okay, I just wanted to know, are the Cazin and Cazin (P) better at different roles or anything? Because the more PD focused guns on the Cazin (P) make them seem better as full interceptors than fighters.

Master Troano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2021, 10:54:27 AM »

Yep!

Thank you! I'll add this to my current gameplay, then!

Also agree with the Cazins being interceptors. They're not at all bad at screening missiles

geezero2201

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2021, 09:20:29 PM »

i cannot for the life of me find a Sentinel supercarrier in any market, who sells them? I even got that Stellar Networks mod to try finding one but nothing ever shows up. Are they just super rare or am I being stupid here. Otherwise really like the fighter wings added in, they're pretty good without being overpowered.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2021, 07:56:34 AM »

i cannot for the life of me find a Sentinel supercarrier in any market, who sells them? I even got that Stellar Networks mod to try finding one but nothing ever shows up. Are they just super rare or am I being stupid here. Otherwise really like the fighter wings added in, they're pretty good without being overpowered.
Sindrian Diktat is the only selling faction, although the chances are really low and you probably need a commission.
- After looking at the .factions file for them, there might be a bug/issue. Hull frequency is supposed to have an integer for each but the SD have ' .6 ', which is less than 1. I'm not sure that the game can even use a decimal in that field. You might experiment by changing it to a ' 1 '.
Lion's Guard, Mercenaries, and Scavengers will fly with them sometimes. Maybe recover one from a battle.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 09:22:15 PM by IonDragonX »

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2021, 10:52:04 PM »

- After looking at the .factions file for them, there might be a bug/issue. Hull frequency is supposed to have an integer for each but the SD have ' .6 ', which is less than 1. I'm not sure that the game can even use a decimal in that field. You might experiment by changing it to a ' 1 '.
Lion's Guard, Mercenaries, and Scavengers will fly with them sometimes. Maybe recover one from a battle.
Hull frequency can work with non-integer values.  After all, the Hegemony's XIV_bp tagged ships use a decimal number for Hull Frequency (0.25, specifically), and those turn up fine.  The Pirate's Falcon(P) hull frequency is set to 0.5 due to its strength.

Sentinels are intended to be fairly rare, IIRC only the Persean League, the Sindrian Diktat, and rarely Scavengers use them (and the Diktat uses them at a reduced frequency, outside of the Lion's Guard).  It's quite possibly I made them too rare though, so I'll ask around how people feel about the ship's spawn rates.
Okay, I just wanted to know, are the Cazin and Cazin (P) better at different roles or anything? Because the more PD focused guns on the Cazin (P) make them seem better as full interceptors than fighters.
Their weapon loadouts make them functionally quite different, yes.  Cazins are functionally Broadsword Lite: they perform the same function (tankiness, shield pressure, flare distractions) more cheaply, just not quite as well.  Cazin (P) is better against light fighters and missiles due to range and sustained firepower... at first.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2021, 08:38:31 AM »

Hull frequency can work with non-integer values.  After all, the Hegemony's XIV_bp tagged ships use a decimal number for Hull Frequency (0.25, specifically), and those turn up fine.
Okay, that's true. Just to be on the safe side, you might add the leading 0, just like the vanilla files do.

Xanrai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2021, 07:45:32 AM »

If you have Nexelerin mod installed, there's a chance for it to prop up in their Prism (or whatever it was called, I keep forgetting) market, and you could buy them without really caring for relation status (as all ships that ever prop up in said market), albeit as mentioned, it could be quite hard to snatch it up when it comes by. Oftentimes it's vanilla capital ships that's in there, but occasionally the Sentinel shows up. Just nabbed mine some hours ago, got lucky as I decided to stop by the market for a quick browsing of what's on the shop lol, would've missed it otherwise.

Now to actually spec it worthy of its supercarrier status, though I am mega ass when it comes to customizing ship loadouts, especially carrier wings and weapons...

Alternatively, I believe Nexelerin's agents (Negotiator type) could probably nick one of the Sentinel ships from Sindrian, though the chances of success varies based on a few things.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 07:47:41 AM by Xanrai »

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2021, 09:19:25 AM »

i... dont think the quickload racks works. I've tested it a lot (bc I wasnt sure which stat the hullmod affects, its description is a bit vague & doesnt use word-for-word either of the missile stats that it might affect) & using a stopwatch a pod of pilums appears to have the same refire rate and reload rate with & without this hullmod. Maybe I'm wrong & the amount this mod changes is just too small for me to notice, could someone else test it?
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2021, 11:12:14 AM »

i... dont think the quickload racks works. I've tested it a lot (bc I wasnt sure which stat the hullmod affects, its description is a bit vague & doesnt use word-for-word either of the missile stats that it might affect) & using a stopwatch a pod of pilums appears to have the same refire rate and reload rate with & without this hullmod. Maybe I'm wrong & the amount this mod changes is just too small for me to notice, could someone else test it?
It says by 1/3 so it should be pretty noticeable.
But isn’t that applied to fighters or am I missing something?
I was thinking of talon swarmers

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2021, 12:13:22 PM »

that... would make a lot of sense as to why it doesnt work for my eagle, and why its added in by the fighter expansion rebalance mod. but the mod doesnt say anything about fighters, nor does it indicate in any way that its added in by the fighter mod, unlike the other SFL mods which say SFL & are categorized as SFL instead of as common. I only noticed this is the thread to post about it bc I was reading it for something else & saw the mod mentioned in the OP
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2021, 12:25:26 PM »

Quickload racks only affects ships, not fighter craft.

Quickload Racks increases both the raw Rate of Fire of weaponry and the ammunition replenishing rate for missile weapons that have them (such as Pilums)  Did a quick test with the mod ingame for Salamanders and Pilums (and Jinn, which is IIRC a Kadur large "meme" missile with a thin magazine size and a really long regeneration time, and got these results:

Salamanders w/ Quickload Racks: ~18s between bursts
Salamanders w/o Quickload Racks: 25s between bursts

Pilums w/ Quickload Racks: ~48s for 5 bursts (12s between bursts)
Pilums w/o Quickload Racks: ~64s for 5 bursts (16s between bursts)

Jinn w/ Quickload Racks: ~45s missile regeneration time
Jinn w/o Quickload Racks: ~60s missile regeneration time

They appear to be working as intended on my current build.  Do you have the current build?  (v1.1.1b on the compressed folder itself; forgot to add that to the version file)

I think skills such as Missile Specialization's elite effect are additive, so the effect might be harder to discern if you happen to have a significant amount of pre-existing missile reload rate buffs.

Zangetsuke

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2021, 11:54:38 AM »

Hello,

Just want to tell that Version checker don't detect your last version of the mod, the old version was still green, I see the difference by chance because I wanted to understand more the hullmod "Quickload missile".
Pages: 1 [2] 3