Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95.1a is out! (12/10/21); Blog post: Hyperspace Topography (10/12/22)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Automated Commands  (Read 60891 times)

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2022, 04:32:44 AM »

The only thing im missing is that the AI never seems to VENT at the right time. Is it possible to tell the AI to get out of enemy weapons range and vent? Or have it realise in what danger it is? Right now I either have to trust the AI to vent at the right time (which it rarily does) or ,make it auto flux when at 80% and take some hard punches.

It is a known problem and no, I cant do much about it without rewriting the game's AI. Do note that most of the AI's DO in fact try to retreat so that they can vent, the fact that they aren't venting means that they don't feel safe enough to do so.

There are some things u can do to improve it:
* Use less aggressive AI's (the threshold they start trying to back out of enemy range is lower)
* deploy more ships (u will notice ships try to interpose themselves between high fluxed allies and opponents to take the shield load and give time to vent - but it only works if u have enough ships to be able to have some spares)
* have setups that are more flux neutral (try to match firepower flux output to passive vent rate)
* have longer ranged weapons (or faster engines) to reduce the amount of effort needed to reach 'safe' distance

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2022, 05:12:38 AM »

Hello. I redownloaded this mod recently, but there does not seem to be a config file any more. How do I set the default values that take effect when not specific hull mod is installed? The mod's settings.json only contains a designTypeColors parameter.

SirStargateur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2022, 06:59:20 PM »

same the mod look to do nothing expect have hullmod? It's doesn't look that like to work as Automatic Orders did, you are force to use hullmod to this have any effect. That mean for every ship in your fleet you need to add these hullmod. That very not automatic.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 07:32:28 PM by SirStargateur »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]