Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [0.96a] Automated Commands  (Read 118845 times)

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2022, 04:32:44 AM »

The only thing im missing is that the AI never seems to VENT at the right time. Is it possible to tell the AI to get out of enemy weapons range and vent? Or have it realise in what danger it is? Right now I either have to trust the AI to vent at the right time (which it rarily does) or ,make it auto flux when at 80% and take some hard punches.

It is a known problem and no, I cant do much about it without rewriting the game's AI. Do note that most of the AI's DO in fact try to retreat so that they can vent, the fact that they aren't venting means that they don't feel safe enough to do so.

There are some things u can do to improve it:
* Use less aggressive AI's (the threshold they start trying to back out of enemy range is lower)
* deploy more ships (u will notice ships try to interpose themselves between high fluxed allies and opponents to take the shield load and give time to vent - but it only works if u have enough ships to be able to have some spares)
* have setups that are more flux neutral (try to match firepower flux output to passive vent rate)
* have longer ranged weapons (or faster engines) to reduce the amount of effort needed to reach 'safe' distance

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2022, 05:12:38 AM »

Hello. I redownloaded this mod recently, but there does not seem to be a config file any more. How do I set the default values that take effect when not specific hull mod is installed? The mod's settings.json only contains a designTypeColors parameter.

SirStargateur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2022, 06:59:20 PM »

same the mod look to do nothing expect have hullmod? It's doesn't look that like to work as Automatic Orders did, you are force to use hullmod to this have any effect. That mean for every ship in your fleet you need to add these hullmod. That very not automatic.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 07:32:28 PM by SirStargateur »

highIntensityGazer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2023, 10:31:09 AM »

I was looking for a solution on the problem of these hullmods getting built in, - because of those automated Hull Forges from Industrial Evolution.
Well it seems to be quite easy to fix yourself. You can edit the csv file and add the tag "no_built_in" under "tags", which by default have the values "automated" or "automated, personality"

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Automated Commands
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2023, 04:14:00 AM »

Automated Commands has been updated to version 1.3 (to comply with starsector update)

Quick testing has shown no bugs arising from the ss update
  • Added "no_built_in" tags as requested (thanks high intensity)
  • Added locality folder for easy language swapping

To change languages open the folder of the language you want and copy/paste the contents into the AutomatedCommands root folder and allow it to overwrite files and folders.

Blasphedon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2023, 09:58:16 AM »

what are the plans for carrier orders? Asking because modern carriers was one of my favorite mods specifically because it had a hull mod to make carriers regroup there wings at certain thresholds to keep them from running low on replacement and becoming useless.

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2023, 10:31:39 AM »

That sounds exactly like what this mod is designed for.

If the old mod is discontinued, give me a link to the existing mod and contact information for the modder and i will see if i can get permission. (the licence itself in the mod may give me permission)

Blasphedon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2023, 09:03:58 PM »

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21569.0 for the Modern carriers mod. as for sutopia's contact info idk it. Havent seen him on for a while.

Jang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2023, 09:08:00 PM »

Love the mod! Running into an issue on the latest version though. I have a personality hullmod on my flagship and when I use autopilot, I get a message that the personality override is disabled because there's already an officer in the ship. I used to use the personality override on my flagship in 0.95a and I never saw this message, so I'm wondering if I can do anything about it

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2023, 03:41:16 AM »

Automated Commands has been updated to version 1.4

Changelog:
  • Fixed bug with Commander Personality not implementing
  • Updated Personality Icons, many thanks to Tellurium
  • Moved Strings into external files to allow translations
  • Added new Hullmod: Carrier Regroup/Engage (Thanks to Tecrys for the icon)

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2023, 04:13:01 AM »

Excellent, beyond QoL! :D Thank you and everyone who helped!

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2023, 08:49:25 PM »

i'd like a way to either mass add retreat orders to my fleet, or to set default behaviors with the mod, so that my preferred retreat at blank was automatically issued to ship. thank you in advance, and thank you for writing the mod

Lupin III.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2023, 07:37:35 AM »

i'd like a way to either mass add retreat orders to my fleet, or to set default behaviors with the mod, so that my preferred retreat at blank was automatically issued to ship. thank you in advance, and thank you for writing the mod
I was thinking the same. Especially when you have the "fleetsize by DP" mod and therefore a lot more ships, I'd really like to have a default behaviour. Didn't happen just once that my ships blew up, because I forgot to add the retreat orders (most often because they were removed by autofit)  ;D .

It could either be an implicit default (there are no orders added to ship loadout), which is preferable because there is less clutter, or an explicit default (the orders get added when using autofit like "reinforced bulkheads" can be).

Of course for both you would need to be able set the defaults somewhere. But for starters I wouldn't even mind if it's in the mod's "settings.json". As another alternative it would also help a lot if the orders just weren't removed by the game's "strip" command (the manual one and the one done by autofit). I usually do not forget to add the orders the very first time I load out a ship.

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2023, 02:13:50 PM »

I was thinking the same.

In what way would a mass retreat order (which u wouldn't be able to 'activate' because the automated commands activate based on conditions being met and not from user input) be any different from the already existing order that u can issue (WITHOUT spending any command points) "Full Retreat" that you can find right under "Full Assault" on the tactical overview (on the right top of the screen)??

(the orders get added when using autofit like "reinforced bulkheads" can be)

Um, the automated command hullmods CAN be added using autofit, u just need to save a variant with it. (And it will NEVER fail to get added because of the 0OP cost) unlike other hullmods when autofit has to use non-exact weapons because of stock issues.

I forgot to add the retreat orders (most often because they were removed by autofit)  ;D .

After the first time you use the autofit option (and added the automated hullmods afterwards) open the autofit dialogue again and overwrite the variant with the one that INCLUDES the automated mods

It could either be an implicit default (there are no orders added to ship loadout), which is preferable because there is less clutter, or an explicit default

I have toyed with the idea of making a 'composite hullmod' where u can in the settings file chose several of the automated hullmods and placing the one will count as placing all of them but I decided that it muddies the waters, removes data that should be visible, makes reading the variant descriptions impossible and at the end of the day doesn't actually do much to reduce clutter because 2 less hullmods (out of 10+ for a capital ship) doesnt change anything. Heck, on frigates, when you include s-mods can have 8+ hullmods easily

wiike

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2023, 08:55:50 AM »

Is there a way to do AI Personality Override while having a AIcore on board as officer?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7