Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [0.96a] Automated Commands  (Read 117408 times)

AHandyDandyHotDog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2022, 07:26:42 PM »

Sorry if this has been brought up or if it's a bad idea somehow, but is there a way to remove the notice about what ship has what personality module?

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2022, 02:58:41 PM »

I can put that into a config file

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2022, 03:28:58 PM »

On another note, any plans for something like automated carrier strike orders? I have been feeling lately that carriers seem to be all over the place with targeting, which ends up having them not actually getting close to overloading even small ships because of inconsistent strikes, I have no modding expertise so wondering if that could even be reasonably possible.

How would automatic strike orders work? What will they automatically target? When will they automatically target it? How will it coordinate, which carriers will it coordinate?

I have no problem with adding a few hull mods that make carriers friendlier/more effective/easier to use .... as long as the hullmods are only removing busy work and not breaking the game mechanics or balance as it currently stands.
But what steps/actions can be automated to result in that?

In my experience if you issue a strike order during battle the carriers do focus on that ship, if u create a carrier group using a rally, they do coordinate their attacks. However this is not something that can be automated, its the players choice and its situational which ships should get targetted in which order.

its one of the things that orders are there for.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 03:30:45 PM by borgrel »

STARENK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2022, 06:15:25 PM »

use infinitode turret command

Atroxia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2022, 10:47:37 AM »

man would it be nice to have a hullmod that made the ships systems be used more. Perhaps on certain timers? Every 45sec.. 30sec.. 15sec.. etc etc.
A lot of modded ships will sometimes have a really cool ship feature that never gets used by the AI. For instance I know of some that require you to use the ship system before a main weapon could be fired, or some that replenish missile ammo or even swap places with other ships. So many unique variations in fights could be done if the ship systems were just used occasionally. Just an idea though, don't know if such a thing would be even possible, and from the looks of it you've got plenty of other ideas already up the pipeline
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 10:50:19 AM by Atroxia »

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2022, 11:10:28 AM »

What I would love is a autocommand so every capture point has a capture order the moment I get into combat.

PeopleThief

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2022, 12:19:45 PM »

Is this save game compatible?

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2022, 03:44:23 AM »

Is this save game compatible?

u can add it to any game without trouble
but u cant remove it without crashing the save
(unless there are none of the hullmods mounted on any of the ships)

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2022, 03:57:33 AM »

What I would love is a autocommand so every capture point has a capture order the moment I get into combat.

This would not be a hullmod

I can theoretically build a hullmod that gives a ship the capture order on battle start (i haven't tried, so i cant say for sure that is is possible) but the command itself is bound to the capture point, not the ship. If you have used the command yourself in battle u will have noticed that the command automatically changes which ships the command refers to and balances the capturing force with the defending force. So the command will not stay localised to the ships the hullmod is mounted on, and the ships the hullmod is mounted on will not necessarily be the ship carrying out the order

In short, a hullmod is probably not the best choice for this action. I could put it in a config file, but then you cant change it during play, again, not great

do u have any suggestions of how u want this implemented?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 04:13:14 AM by borgrel »

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2022, 03:59:35 AM »

A lot of modded ships will sometimes have a really cool ship feature that never gets used by the AI.

this is a problem you should bring up with the mod maker, custom ship systems need custom AI modules to teach the AI how to use the system, the mod maker needs to add that functionality
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 04:12:27 AM by borgrel »

PeopleThief

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2022, 05:16:31 PM »

Would you consider adding (if it is possible), a hullmod that makes it so ships always fire missiles as soon as they are off cooldown if an enemy is in range? Main utility is for LRM ships that are still way to conservative with missiles, even when they are a few thousand range away from enemies and they have massive missile capacity and can slowly reload.

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2022, 06:25:34 AM »

Would you consider adding (if it is possible), a hullmod that makes it so ships always fire missiles as soon as they are off cooldown if an enemy is in range? Main utility is for LRM ships that are still way to conservative with missiles, even when they are a few thousand range away from enemies and they have massive missile capacity and can slowly reload.

It definitively sounds like a reasonable idea

how do u see this working?
  • for every missile, if ship has target and missile is not on cooldown and target is in range of missile ..... fire missile
  • every 0.5 secs, find the first missile not on cooldown and if target is in range fire
  • or perhaps more like if missile is long ranged (>5000?) and missile is not of cooldown .... fire missile

PeopleThief

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2022, 05:16:07 PM »

I was kinda thinking if missile has any guidance and there is any enemy ship in range (excluding fighters, and irrespective of missile mount facing), fire missile. If that is not possible, 3 would also work, though I would recommend it working 3500+ range, so it would work on 4000 range missile like pilums.

PeopleThief

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2022, 05:07:04 PM »

Also, a hullmod to make it so a ship always keeps its fighters on regroup would be super useful, since right now it means that the AI never lets the fighters hang back and support it unless they are dedicated support fighters that are locked to the ship, and it also means that ships with fighters never get zero-flux boost in AI hands.

Reaperisonline

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2022, 04:26:02 PM »

I made an account to reply to your mod, as it is one of my faves :)

The only thing im missing is that the AI never seems to VENT at the right time. Is it possible to tell the AI to get out of enemy weapons range and vent? Or have it realise in what danger it is? Right now I either have to trust the AI to vent at the right time (which it rarily does) or ,make it auto flux when at 80% and take some hard punches.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7