Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [0.96a] Automated Commands  (Read 117388 times)

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2021, 10:53:52 AM »

It's really like the mod consider the commander as an officer and don't allow the hullmod to override his personnality.

now this is something i can do something about
i can get it to print a message saying "Override disabled, Officer presence detected"

it will make things clearer to users and test if the problem is that ur captain is being treated like an officer.

It does look like ur correct though.

Thank you for the report.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 11:03:42 AM by borgrel »

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2021, 10:56:20 AM »

About personality overrides, they work on AI ships?

There is nothing stopping them from working on other ships ...... but u dont have control over refitting all ships in existence, only ur own.

So you would need another mod to actually PUT the hullmods in other fleets. And that will probably just make fights less fun not give u more control as this was intended to do.

But there is nothing stopping you from doing it.

Also another idea, is make personality override hullmod partially affect officers, I mean if you add to steady officer reckless hullmod he become aggressive, but not reckless, same with other officer types, if you add steady or timid hullmod to reckless officer he become aggressive, but not steady or timid.

You can already make a steady officer aggressive, (or an aggressive officer reckless .... or steady) by spending a story point. (and the story point is completely free .... 100% return)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 10:59:49 AM by borgrel »

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2021, 11:32:49 AM »

You can already make a steady officer aggressive, (or an aggressive officer reckless .... or steady) by spending a story point. (and the story point is completely free .... 100% return)

This doesn't work at AI Cores, they have fearless AI regardless everything.

Also about AI ships, I didn't meant NPC fleets, I meant Derelict or Remnant drone ships which can be recovered with Automated Ships skill where you can assign only AI Cores as officers, which always have fearless personality.

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2021, 11:50:40 AM »

yeah, I'm not going to mess with Alex's balance.

AI ships are as intended.
Yes the AI cores do count as officers.
No the hullmods will not change the personality if an officer is assigned (even if its a core).
No that's not going to change anytime soon.

AI ships are already a special case with its own special skills that relate ONLY to it and everything.
You don't have to use AI ships, and in some ways not using them is better (or at least easier).
And even if you do use AI ships you can only have one of the big ones without serious penalties.

If you don't like the fearless personalities, you don't have to use them.
I'm not actually sure what you want, you want AI to not be AI any more?
You want to take something different and unique and make it just like everything else?

CrimsonPhalanx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2021, 04:57:51 PM »

Any chance you can make the hull mods not eligible to be built in?
I know I have to to be pretty dumb to build them in myself, but certain mods that interact with built in hullmods ocassionally build the automatic orders in. (the hullforge thing from Industrial Evolution, and I haven't tried it but I assume stuff on the lines of Gacha S mods might accidentally build in automatic commands)

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2021, 01:19:58 PM »

Alex made SO unable to be built in, so it should be possible.
I hope he made the method accessible through the API

I will have to go digging a bit

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2021, 05:05:17 AM »

I hope he made the method accessible through the API
It's literally just a tag?

Thanks Yunru
the hullmods will no longer be build-in-able from next version

SethMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2021, 08:16:21 PM »

Hmm with the new changes to how to base ships work could we get a command to fallback and vent before resuming it's attack so we can get the ai to manage it's flux a bit better since at 50% flux they loose so much speed it would be best to tell ai alpha strike till flux at say 40% then fall back to safely vent then resume attacking need a bit of time to actually phase out and vent so guessing ng 40% instead of 50.

Not sure if that would be doable  but I suspect the following might work. At flux 40% set personality to timid to trigger a stop in attacking and to fall back, them force vent, and then resume previous default personality, presumably aggressive. Not sure if that would work well or not but it does get the concept across.

Nalesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2021, 01:51:13 AM »

The old mod had a thing where you could make the overrides override even officers, is this gonna be added to this one?

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2021, 09:23:30 AM »

No it wont be in this mod.

You can already adjust the officers' personalities with story points (and have a 100% return)

Natti

• Ensign
  • Disgruntled Orc Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2022, 01:18:43 AM »

hello! any chance of this mod including the kind of global default retreat thresholds for cr / ppt that automatic orders had available through the settings json file? i know i'll forget a ton of ships if i have to slap on hullmods to each one individually, and then i'll be wondering why they aren't automatically retreating

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2022, 04:22:18 AM »

hello! any chance of this mod including the kind of global default retreat thresholds for cr / ppt that automatic orders had available through the settings json file? i know i'll forget a ton of ships if i have to slap on hullmods to each one individually, and then i'll be wondering why they aren't automatically retreating

Its possible, but its not efficient.

Automatic orders had it in its mod because it was not actually using hullmods properly. A hull mod automatically runs a small chunk of code every tick and u just put the correct code there and it happens automatically in a properly structured way that it taken care of inside the main game loop.

What Automatic Orders was doing was every tick it was getting a list of every ship that exists and filtering that list to get a list of applicable ships and then dividing that list by the hulmods and ....... its a very slow and convoluted way. Think of it like going into a supermarket with a shopping list and instead of walking down each isle once and adding the items to the cart as u pass them, u look at item 1 on the list and walk down every isle until u find the item and then return to the front of the store, looking at the next item on the list and walking down every isle until u find it ... over and over until u got every item on the list.

TL:DR
It would be better to have a setting in the json file that lets u select a default set of of hullmods that get added to every ship when u enter the refit screen. I have asked a few times if anybody is interested in that. and most ppl have said no.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 04:24:48 AM by borgrel »

Natti

• Ensign
  • Disgruntled Orc Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2022, 01:13:45 PM »

ah, I see. that makes sense, thanks for the explanation!

Rafs

• Ensign
  • Metafalica is love, Metafalica is life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2022, 01:11:48 PM »

Its possible, but its not efficient.

Automatic orders had it in its mod because it was not actually using hullmods properly. A hull mod automatically runs a small chunk of code every tick and u just put the correct code there and it happens automatically in a properly structured way that it taken care of inside the main game loop.

What Automatic Orders was doing was every tick it was getting a list of every ship that exists and filtering that list to get a list of applicable ships and then dividing that list by the hulmods and ....... its a very slow and convoluted way. Think of it like going into a supermarket with a shopping list and instead of walking down each isle once and adding the items to the cart as u pass them, u look at item 1 on the list and walk down every isle until u find the item and then return to the front of the store, looking at the next item on the list and walking down every isle until u find it ... over and over until u got every item on the list.

TL:DR
It would be better to have a setting in the json file that lets u select a default set of of hullmods that get added to every ship when u enter the refit screen. I have asked a few times if anybody is interested in that. and most ppl have said no.

Was about to ask the same thing, and find it weird most people react negatively to it, especially when it's optional, not sure in what situations you would want a almost dead and almost broken down ship to stay.
On another note, any plans for something like automated carrier strike orders? I have been feeling lately that carriers seem to be all over the place with targeting, which ends up having them not actually getting close to overloading even small ships because of inconsistent strikes, I have no modding expertise so wondering if that could even be reasonably possible.
Also thank you for your work, Automatic Orders was a must have for me, you saved me a lot of trouble.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7