Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.96a] Automated Commands  (Read 117441 times)

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2021, 11:24:48 AM »

Some very useful features in this, per-ship personality control for non-officered ships from old Automatic Orders especially. Many thanks for taking over that function.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2021, 11:51:28 PM »

Hello, I am a Chinese player, Could I have permission to translate this mod into Chinese and post it to the Chinese Forum?

just branch it, make the modifications and send a push request to the github
we will add a chinese release
i'm sure the chinese have good ideas for adding more functionality
and with only locality changes all bugs will be the same for both anyway.

there is no reason to fork it and create double the work and inconsistency between both

......that said, i wont stop u if u really want to fork it and post as a separate entity
just give credit where its due

Francis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2021, 12:56:59 AM »

I see. I will not post it. I agree with you and look forward to the release of your Chinese version of the mod.

If possible, I will try to gather some suggestions from the Chinese community for you.

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2021, 04:29:07 AM »

I see. I will not post it. I agree with you and look forward to the release of your Chinese version of the mod.

u havent made a branch of the project or pushed an update with the chinese strings yet?

Francis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2021, 04:51:33 AM »

u havent made a branch of the project or pushed an update with the chinese strings yet?

I just translated the text into Chinese,   not and will not spread it anywhere.

I delete it if this upset you.

al00195

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2021, 12:33:51 PM »

Hello. After few tries with timid and reckless hullmod, I found that it failed to override my flagship personnality in auto. I want to try to make the hullmod override officer personnality to check if it will override the flagship too but don't know how to make this possible. Is there any way to do it in the mod file ?

Sorry for my english level, it's not my main language.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2021, 12:13:34 PM »

added AI personality overrides
Can you add the "fearless" personality that the =redacted= use?

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2021, 03:28:47 AM »

Hello. After few tries with timid and reckless hullmod, I found that it failed to override my flagship personnality in auto. I want to try to make the hullmod override officer personnality to check if it will override the flagship too but don't know how to make this possible. Is there any way to do it in the mod file ?

Sorry for my english level, it's not my main language.

When a personality is overridden there is a log message (at the top of the combat screen when the battle starts
if the mod correctly picks up that the ship is ur flagship there be be a `by Default` on the end of the message
(there should only be one 'be default')

check if this is occuring.

honestly i'm not sure how to test if the AI's are using the correct personalities ...... its somewhat subjective, unfortunately

al00195

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2021, 10:44:13 PM »

check if this is occuring.

When I spawn my fleet in support, I have the mention "X ship : has been assigned a Y personnality" in the log for the unofficered ship, but nothing concerning my flagship.

(I want to share a screen but don't know how to insert an image here from my pc)

honestly i'm not sure how to test if the AI's are using the correct personalities ...... its somewhat subjective, unfortunately

I make the test with this method :

Spoiler
The objective to test this the quickest and the most efficient possible way is to watch the engagement behavior in simulation. I test it with the battleship from Diable avionics : the maelstrom. The advantage is his long range capability and his teleport ability that allow him to quickly position itself. The goal being to test this in battle situation, I spawned my fleet (comprised of 5 cruser and 2 destroyer) in my side and always the same ennemy fleet in the opposite side (I used part of the Diable avionics fleet). To prevent the maelstrom from using his multiple TP without care, I keep control of him until I see the ennemy ship, then I release the control and watch the behavior (always at the same distance).

unofficered ship with steady hullmod : He teleport few times to face the ennemy ship (midrange) and form the line with other ships.

unofficered ship with reckless hullmod : He teleport aggressively, using the quasi totality of them to face the opponent and shoot him with his pd weapon.

unofficered ship with timid hullmod : He do not teleport in the beginning except to stay away from ennemy ship (he was already at range of his weapons). Other ship form the line and he stay away from it.

flagship with reckless and timid hullmod : same behavior than steady one.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:48:23 PM by al00195 »

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2021, 12:21:49 AM »

(I want to share a screen but don't know how to insert an image here from my pc)

u have to upload the image to an image share (imgur, photobucket, etc)
and it will give u a url that will make the image appear in a forum post

al00195

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2021, 09:19:50 AM »

Here is the screenshot just after the beginning of the battle :
https://imgur.com/kkCVRCs

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2021, 09:55:04 AM »

There is now also a Chinese version of the mod.

Posted here: Fossic Automated Commands Thread
and it can be downloaded here.

Many thanks to Wnsmds for the translations.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 01:15:26 PM by borgrel »

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2021, 12:05:11 PM »

Here is the screenshot just after the beginning of the battle :
https://imgur.com/kkCVRCs

so only the sunder is showing up as having a personality hullmod
do all of the others ships have or just the flagship
can u show the flagships refit screen too pls

al00195

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2021, 10:07:50 AM »

It's normal, the others have officer and only the sunder don't have one.

Here is the refit of the flagship :
https://imgur.com/a/ontPsfy

The more interesting is if I run a ship without my commander in a simulation, the "by default" show
https://imgur.com/a/PLwoDW8

But if I made my captain officer of the ship, it disappear. It's really like the mod consider the commander as an officer and don't allow the hullmod to override his personnality.
https://imgur.com/a/bqzhVmS
https://imgur.com/a/HBMU7rz (refit screen)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 01:22:45 AM by al00195 »

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2021, 10:35:57 AM »

About personality overrides, they work on AI ships? Cores also count as officers. If not, I hope what you will add options to make it override officer personality, I think its good to make two options actually, one for human officers and second for AI Cores.

Also another idea, is make personality override hullmod partially affect officers, I mean if you add to steady officer reckless hullmod he become aggressive, but not reckless, same with other officer types, if you add steady or timid hullmod to reckless officer he become aggressive, but not steady or timid.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7