Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Modern Carriers 1.9.5  (Read 204579 times)

MrNage

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Modern Carriers 1.9.5
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2022, 10:31:18 AM »

Also, [Autopilot Interface] requires that a ship be completely stripped before its installation, but it doesn't account for Starship Legends, which as of current SL version has a hullmod that cannot be removed once installed.

Blasphedon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2022, 05:30:35 PM »

found something weird while using your mod. The Gown from scalartech solutions is a modular ship and its different parts dont like sharing equally. i can put support core on 1 part of it it wont share the effect with the rest of the ship. if i put swarm core on either of the wings you get an awesome light show. the game doesnt crash, just doesnt function properly. same thing happens with arma armaturas mods to.

thisisascam

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2022, 03:08:11 AM »

When I use swarm core on a ship module, all produced fighters explode after spawning. It only works properly when installed on the main module.

Volsungare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2023, 06:37:32 PM »

Was Modern Carrier+ removed from the mod? I see it mentioned but I don't see it in the downloaded folder and github just shows a version file...

abcellm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 05, 2023, 02:49:17 PM »

Help cant get the mod to start, keep receiving errors

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2023, 06:46:45 PM »

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

for whatever its worth, i consider this one of the top 3 mods for this game in terms of sheer quality
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2023, 04:20:23 PM »

anyone know of any bootleg/reboot update for this mod ?
i really like what it adds and pretty bummed that it no longer has any official support

CompMakarov

• Ensign
  • Some guy who likes history and firearms too much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2023, 11:07:23 AM »

If anyone wants to adapt this mod to 0.96a to make a bootleg, I've been told from the grapevine that there's a version (older one) that apparently doesn't have a dependency on Sutopia's notorious Concord library. If this could get adapted to 0.96a without Concord it would be actual godsend. The mod itself is insanely good but god Concord just makes me crash so much.
9x18mm Makarov PM

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2023, 01:05:51 PM »

If anyone wants to adapt this mod to 0.96a to make a bootleg, I've been told from the grapevine that there's a version (older one) that apparently doesn't have a dependency on Sutopia's notorious Concord library. If this could get adapted to 0.96a without Concord it would be actual godsend. The mod itself is insanely good but god Concord just makes me crash so much.
The version in question is 1.6.2b, which does work by merely changing the 'gameVersion' value in mod_info.json to '0.96-RC8':

https://github.com/Sutopia/-StarSector-0.95a-Modern-Carrier/releases/download/v1.6.2/Modern.Carrier.1.6.2b.7z

That said, there isn't any source code available, regardless of version... so some of the hullmods may be OP and unchangeable.

moeren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2023, 04:24:46 PM »

---
The version in question is 1.6.2b, which does work by merely changing the 'gameVersion' value in mod_info.json to '0.96-RC8':

https://github.com/Sutopia/-StarSector-0.95a-Modern-Carrier/releases/download/v1.6.2/Modern.Carrier.1.6.2b.7z

That said, there isn't any source code available, regardless of version... so some of the hullmods may be OP and unchangeable.
thank you alot

CompMakarov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 05, 2023, 09:16:13 PM »

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT DO THIS, I REPEAT, DON'T DO THIS. This will irreparably brick your game and make several missions unplayable as well as the campaign. You get the ACCURSED "check starfarer.log" mission description bug which will makes the missions that have this description unplayable as well as the campaign. Until somebody actually digs through the code and adapts this mess into something that doesn't require CONCORD to function, do not use this (or any of Sutopia's) mods.
9x18mm Makarov PM

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 05, 2023, 11:50:44 PM »

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT DO THIS, I REPEAT, DON'T DO THIS. This will irreparably brick your game and make several missions unplayable as well as the campaign. You get the ACCURSED "check starfarer.log" mission description bug which will makes the missions that have this description unplayable as well as the campaign. Until somebody actually digs through the code and adapts this mess into something that doesn't require CONCORD to function, do not use this (or any of Sutopia's) mods.
Which missions, in-campaign or otherwise? Maybe it's a peculiarity my own (heavily-customized) mod setup, but I haven't encountered the bugs that you have described.

As in, I've recently completed several campaign playthroughs; mainly, the Galatia Academy mission chain (re: to unlock the Gates).

That said, I haven't gotten around to finishing the other 0.96 mission chains as-of-yet (which could very well be bugged to hell).

EDIT: If you are referring to the 'Missions' menu being unplayable, it is most likely because the custom loadouts still contain references to Concord-related hullmods that no longer exist; same for any campaign saves that even had Concord loaded even ONCE.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 11:56:56 PM by TimeDiver »

hawknight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2023, 06:55:53 AM »

So... I decided to update and play again after some time, and went about updating the mods I used until I got here. It's unfortunate that this mod has apparently been abandoned.

That said, I checked the github page to find the v1.6.2 to see if there really wasn't any source available. There is. Here's the link to the v1.6.2a tag: https://github.com/Sutopia/-StarSector-0.95a-Modern-Carrier/tree/v1.6.2

I will try and adapt the code to see if it works, but I'm no modder and the result will be a patchwork at best.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2023, 08:00:03 AM »

That said, I checked the github page to find the v1.6.2 to see if there really wasn't any source available. There is. Here's the link to the v1.6.2a tag: https://github.com/Sutopia/-StarSector-0.95a-Modern-Carrier/tree/v1.6.2
I stand by my original claim; there are no non-compiled (*.java) files to look through. The SutCarM.jar file contains .class files, which are already compiled.

While manually de-compiling them IS an option, it would be an enormous exercise in patience to figure out exactly what does what.

CompMakarov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 10, 2023, 02:16:22 PM »

I stand by my original claim; there are no non-compiled (*.java) files to look through. The SutCarM.jar file contains .class files, which are already compiled.

While manually de-compiling them IS an option, it would be an enormous exercise in patience to figure out exactly what does what.

I mean could anybody contact Sutopia himself and ask for the uncompiled stuff? He must have it in some back corner of his PC like a lot of modders do. This is also an open call to anybody who has contact with Sutopia to contact and please tell him that there are people who genuinely loved the content he made and to maybe try and pass on the torch to someone else, rather than the current situation (e.g., giving the OG non-compiled files to make life easier for them).
9x18mm Makarov PM
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15