Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Modern Carriers 1.9.5  (Read 203511 times)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.6.1a
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2021, 11:30:32 AM »

I'm not sure if worrying about S-mods is a good idea, personally. They let you ignore limits up to a point sure, but I don't think balancing something around it should be done.

renegade_sock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2021, 02:42:56 AM »

Hey,

I like the idea of this mod but it feels like a lot of thhese mods are broken.

If I use ace carrier core with flux entanglement then I can beat a paragon with a 12 DP carrier that has a fighter with 360 shield coverage.

The targeting datalink idea is also cool but feels super broken at it's current values. I can have xyphos sniping enemy ships from so far away

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2021, 08:34:23 AM »

So I know its a nitpick

but could you please put the carrier core descriptions in the same order as the image showing them off ingame in the first post ?

was reading them and got confused thinking I had missed some....

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2021, 10:31:44 PM »

Hey,

I like the idea of this mod but it feels like a lot of thhese mods are broken.

If I use ace carrier core with flux entanglement then I can beat a paragon with a 12 DP carrier that has a fighter with 360 shield coverage.

The targeting datalink idea is also cool but feels super broken at it's current values. I can have xyphos sniping enemy ships from so far away

Or care about whatever broken mod providing 360 degree shielded fighters. Vanilla fighters have at most 180 omni at 1.0 terrible efficiency.

Datalink is broken with what? Can you be more specific? I wouldn't think 1800 range Xyphos on a capital is unreasonable since that's the capital gun range. You'll need ITU to provide the bonus to make it any useful and those all take up OPs.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2021, 09:50:23 PM »

Does this work with diable wanzers? Awesome mod btw! cheers!

elgashin17

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2021, 07:44:54 AM »

Crash report:
I installed the Modern Carriers + version and got a crash on launch. In log file it said "carriersafetyoverrides hullmod" was missing. I replaced the mod with normal version without + and it works fine. Maybe has something to do with other 30 mods,I dunno.

NVM me no smart
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 05:04:40 PM by elgashin17 »

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2021, 01:09:14 PM »

Crash report:
I installed the Modern Carriers + version and got a crash on launch. In log file it said "carriersafetyoverrides hullmod" was missing. I replaced the mod with normal version without + and it works fine. Maybe has something to do with other 30 mods,I dunno.
The + version is a separate mod intended to be installed alongside the regular version.

zhongliyunchu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2021, 06:56:24 PM »

hello
May I ask promission for translate this mod into chinese and put it into https://www.fossic.org ?
And can i decompile the java file to translate combat UI (like CarrierLoadBalance) and description(like SwarmCarrierCore) , or i just change hull_mods.csv?

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2021, 09:12:51 AM »

hello
May I ask promission for translate this mod into chinese and put it into https://www.fossic.org ?
And can i decompile the java file to translate combat UI (like CarrierLoadBalance) and description(like SwarmCarrierCore) , or i just change hull_mods.csv?
https://www.fossic.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2955&extra=page%3D1

I do not plan to update it until 0.95 localization is completed.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

zhongliyunchu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2021, 07:57:02 PM »

hello
https://www.fossic.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2955&extra=page%3D1

I do not plan to update it until 0.95 localization is completed.

got it

ryujinblade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2022, 10:27:24 PM »

Crash report:
The + version is a separate mod intended to be installed alongside the regular version.

your a saint was juts looking for this

Dandywalken

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2022, 01:28:25 PM »

Hello, 

Is it possible to manually add the special Carrier Cores to third party/mod ships by hand?  Or would that require different hullmod variants to be scripted for those ships?

This mod is fantastic, thank you for making it!

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2022, 03:37:24 PM »

Hello, 

Is it possible to manually add the special Carrier Cores to third party/mod ships by hand?  Or would that require different hullmod variants to be scripted for those ships?

This mod is fantastic, thank you for making it!

It is possible, but will require mods to collaborate and make a new mod that depends on both of the mods involved.
Alternatively, if you want it as a personal additional mod, check how Modern Carrier + injects the hullmods to the vanilla faction ships and do the similar to mods in question.

Crash report:

your a saint was juts looking for this

I’ll update + to have base mod being the requirement to reduce confusion

Mr. Smiley

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2022, 06:59:09 PM »

Hey Sutopia, I like the carrier focused mod, definitely makes running a full carrier battle group crazy and fun.

Also on a side note, your second link 'Carrier +' needs updating it leads to a 404. I had to delete part of the link content up to /release/ to see the file so I can download as it is linking to 1.2.0a, but the mod is on 1.2.0b

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2022, 03:28:54 PM »

Hey Sutopia, I like the carrier focused mod, definitely makes running a full carrier battle group crazy and fun.

Also on a side note, your second link 'Carrier +' needs updating it leads to a 404. I had to delete part of the link content up to /release/ to see the file so I can download as it is linking to 1.2.0a, but the mod is on 1.2.0b
Fixed, thanks for the heads up.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15