Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Modern Carriers 1.9.5  (Read 203478 times)

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.5.0a "Tooltips"
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2021, 08:11:39 AM »

How about a simple Missile Hullmod called "Combat Rated Missile Autoforges" affecting both fighter LPCs and the Parent Ship that
1)reduces ammo on all missile weapons with limited, non-regenarating amounts to just the one salvo
2)Have said Missile Weapons with previously limited ammo regenerate the one salvo at something like 300% that weapon's reload time?

It would have a consistent effect on all missile weapons with limited ammo and not affect the ones already coming with infinite ammo. You may want to make the new reload time nerf even higher to compensate for the use (and abuse) of Elite Missile Specialization skill tough.
So murder hurricane and hurray long bow / dagger?
I don’t think that’s quite reasonable as it’s just a better external hardpoint.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2021, 08:32:46 AM »

I don't quite remember what the reload time is for the Hurricane, but installing that hullmod would give it a reload time of one minute if it had 20 seconds of normal reload time (would be 30 seconds with Elite Missile Specialization). Sabots SRM pods on the Longbow also have quite a hefty reload time too, so it would serverely hamper the sabot spam capability as opposed to just landing back to the carrier and delivering more ordnance.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 08:43:47 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Anexgohan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.5.0b "Tooltips"
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2021, 08:43:28 AM »

Hello,
Why are there 2 folders in the download?
Modern Carrier
Modern Carrier +

which one do I need to install?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2021, 08:45:13 AM »

Hello,
Why are there 2 folders in the download?
Modern Carrier
Modern Carrier +

which one do I need to install?

From the Original Post:
About S Addition
S Addition is a utility mod in folder Modern Carrier +

• Prometheus Mk2 now has Fighter Command Overclock as built in, making it significantly more dangerous
  • Spark Interceptor now has 2 burst PD laser (high delay) instead of 1
  • All vanilla remnants and Astrals get Advanced Carrier Core as built in
  • All vanilla station hangar modules receives a Carrier Core and a Modern Carrier hullmod that fits the tech theme
  • Remnant station has 4 fighter related hullmods installed including Targeting Data Link and Advanced Carrier Core so be aware

Welcome to the forum by the way @Anexgohan, make sure to hang around at a local bar with us sometimes  ;)

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2021, 08:53:10 AM »

I don't quite remember what the reload time is for the Hurricane, but installing that hullmod would give it a reload time of one minute if it had 20 seconds of normal reload time (would be 30 seconds with Elite Missile Specialization). Sabots SRM pods on the Longbow also have quite a hefty reload time too, so it would serverely hamper the sabot spam capability as opposed to just landing back to the carrier and delivering more ordnance.

Long bow uses single shot sabot which has a whopping 1.0 second re-arm time. That was the reason the 2.5 seconds minimum re-fire delay was added, it's otherwise total abomination.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2021, 09:02:35 AM »

Long bow uses single shot sabot which has a whopping 1.0 second re-arm time. That was the reason the 2.5 seconds minimum re-fire delay was added, it's otherwise total abomination.

Oh, forgot about that one. Good catch  :)

What about modifying the "Combat Rated Missile Autoforges" hullmods this way then:
Hullmod: Combat Rated Missile Autoforges
1)reduces ammo on all missile weapons with limited, non-regenarating amounts to just the one salvo
2)increases refire time by 100% of the original value and adds an additional 15 seconds of reload ontop of it
3)All limited ammo missile weapons reload their full single salvo every reload. (Squall reloads just 20 missiles, Typhoon launcher reloads 2, Hammer barrage reloads 4, etcetera)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 09:07:30 AM by Arcagnello »

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2021, 09:41:59 AM »

What about modifying the "Combat Rated Missile Autoforges" hullmods this way then:
2)increases refire time by 100% of the original value and adds an additional 15 seconds of reload ontop of it
3)All limited ammo missile weapons reload their full single salvo every reload. (Squall reloads just 20 missiles, Typhoon launcher reloads 2, Hammer barrage reloads 4, etcetera)

That sounds interesting but I would say it’s... out of scope and over-complicated. A limited ammo missile by its nature should have limited ammo and the balance is totally designed around that. Ammo capacity, salvo size, rearm time and damage per hit all varies. This design will heavily favor the burst damage missiles that has relatively low capacity and probably make the missiles hard to use due to extended reload time. Maybe it’ll be more suitable for MHM expansion?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2021, 09:43:13 AM »

That sounds interesting but I would say it’s... out of scope and over-complicated. A limited ammo missile by its nature should have limited ammo and the balance is totally designed around that. Ammo capacity, salvo size, rearm time and damage per hit all varies. This design will heavily favor the burst damage missiles that has relatively low capacity and probably make the missiles hard to use due to extended reload time. Maybe it’ll be more suitable for MHM expansion?

Noted, I'll post it there eventually!
Thanks for the brainstorming anyway tough, it's been good  ;D
Also, Skirmish Carrier core on beam-based battlecarriers with more flux dissipation than both shield upkeep and weapons is just damn fine, let me tell you that :)

Anexgohan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2021, 09:49:23 AM »

Welcome to the forum by the way @Anexgohan, make sure to hang around at a local bar with us sometimes  ;)
thanks for reply, I'm having an issue installing this with vortex, only Modern Carrier gets installed but Modern Carrier + does not.
I did install it manually to fix it.
But I think it would be better for others to either know this or you may have to split the download into two separate links.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2021, 12:22:17 PM »

How about a simple Missile Hullmod called "Combat Rated Missile Autoforges" affecting both fighter LPCs and the Parent Ship that
2)Have said Missile Weapons with previously limited ammo regenerate the one salvo at something like 300% that weapon's reload time?

It would have a consistent effect on all missile weapons with limited ammo and not affect the ones already coming with infinite ammo. You may want to make the new reload time nerf even higher to compensate for the use (and abuse) of Elite Missile Specialization skill tough.

i want this mod for my ships!! lmfao
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Profit Prophet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2021, 01:56:24 PM »

Hey, Sutopia first I want to say that I've been having a great time with this mod, the hullmods add quite a bit of complexity for carriers and make carrier loadouts much more interesting!

Second is that I think I've encountered a bug. For context, if you build a carrier core into a civilian ship but then remove the militarized subsystems, the carrier core stays as it is built-in, but all fighters launched from the ship will be immediately broken and must endlessly enter a refit > launch > break > refit cycle, this makes sense to me and I'm assuming is intended.

But I also noticed this issue with my high-tech battle station when I was defending my colony. All the fighters from the station were also stuck in the endless loop and as a result, they were useless and could not fight. I was running on the 1.4 version of the mod when this occurred but I haven't had a chance to see the station in another fight after updating to 1.5 so I'm just posting this here just in case its not been noted yet. worse case I can just disable the S Addition since I'm assuming the "All vanilla station hangar modules receives a Carrier Core" is causing the issue.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2021, 04:27:54 PM »

Hey, Sutopia first I want to say that I've been having a great time with this mod, the hullmods add quite a bit of complexity for carriers and make carrier loadouts much more interesting!

Second is that I think I've encountered a bug. For context, if you build a carrier core into a civilian ship but then remove the militarized subsystems, the carrier core stays as it is built-in, but all fighters launched from the ship will be immediately broken and must endlessly enter a refit > launch > break > refit cycle, this makes sense to me and I'm assuming is intended.

But I also noticed this issue with my high-tech battle station when I was defending my colony. All the fighters from the station were also stuck in the endless loop and as a result, they were useless and could not fight. I was running on the 1.4 version of the mod when this occurred but I haven't had a chance to see the station in another fight after updating to 1.5 so I'm just posting this here just in case its not been noted yet. worse case I can just disable the S Addition since I'm assuming the "All vanilla station hangar modules receives a Carrier Core" is causing the issue.

That’s all very correct. In fact, I think when you mouse over a S-mod that got requirement hullmod removed it should show the warning message about the “malfunction”. It was indeed designed to prevent cheese. If the warning doesn’t appear it is then a bug.

About the station, however, that’s pretty hard to troubleshoot, since you can’t check its hullmod load out.
The instant crash penalty check has been constantly updating to prevent unintentional incidents like this so if you can check it working in current version and report the result I appreciate it.
If it’s still having the issue I would indeed suggest temporarily disable the S Addition and I’ll look into it.

Profit Prophet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2021, 12:19:13 PM »

Seems the like issue still exists in the latest version, I was attacking a high-tech battle station this time and all of the fighters were stuck in the endless refit loop. Not sure if this info is relevant to the bug but in both cases, the battle stations were using fighters from the "arma armatura" mod and not vanilla LPCs. For now ill disable the S addition addon, hopefully this issue isn't too much of a pain for you to fix.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2021, 08:36:16 PM »

Seems the like issue still exists in the latest version, I was attacking a high-tech battle station this time and all of the fighters were stuck in the endless refit loop. Not sure if this info is relevant to the bug but in both cases, the battle stations were using fighters from the "arma armatura" mod and not vanilla LPCs. For now ill disable the S addition addon, hopefully this issue isn't too much of a pain for you to fix.

The fix is up!

Also modified External Hardpoint to be more accessible for slower bombers, but less powerful

Profit Prophet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.5.1b "Tooltips"
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2021, 11:11:37 PM »

thanks for the update! Looking forward to using S additions when I play tomorrow
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15