Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Modern Carriers 1.9.5  (Read 203491 times)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.4.0c "Operation Tango"
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2021, 01:29:30 AM »

Warning, anecdotal experience on how to improve your sleep quality and day/night cycle below!
Spoiler
Brain rest is overrated, cutting on sugars caffeine and energy drinks is harder but will get you better results in the end, as your body will tend to return to a more natural sleep cycle; not to mention developing dependancies to either complex sugars, caffeine and Taurine (which is in most energy drinks, especially the Bull) more or less tanks your productivity without ingesting them.

I also began shutting off all electronic devices at least an hour before going to bed. Artificial light from screens tricks your body into staying awake longer by altering your biological day-night cycle. Going to bed and reading a book (if you don't have a significant other to "talk" with, giggle) will restore your biological habits overtime and get you back to sleeping 7-8 hours and with more Rem phase!
[close]

Downloaded the update, will let you know if I get any issues but I'm quite sure it's going to be alright :)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 01:31:21 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2021, 01:51:14 AM »

I haven't updated for a week or so, but I'm not sure modern carriers is on the modchecker thing yet

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2021, 07:49:50 AM »

I haven't updated for a week or so, but I'm not sure modern carriers is on the modchecker thing yet

I added the version checker compatibility just now.
Hopefully I don't forget to update the file each time  8)

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.4.1a "Operation Tango"
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2021, 11:29:45 AM »

i just wanted to stop by to tell you that this is one of my favorite mods of all time. I normally find carriers to be quite underwhelming to play with bc there are no hullmods to adjust them to your playstyle, and not only does your mod fix that, but also your mod is one of the top most ambitious & extensive hullmod mods that doesn't shackle itself to adding a new faction in the process. It's incredibly vanilla friendly & I will 100% be using this every single time that I play the game again. 10/10, literally couldnt ask for a thing
... well, I could ask for 1 thing. Idk what manufactory load balance & targeting data link does lol their tooltips are a bit vague. Also, u mispelled "decrease" in fighter command overclock.
Playing with Flux Quantum Entanglement, Gunship & Armor Removal while piloting my ship as a mobile battery bank for my fighters in my astral is extremely fun
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2021, 01:54:42 PM »

i just wanted to stop by to tell you that this is one of my favorite mods of all time. I normally find carriers to be quite underwhelming to play with bc there are no hullmods to adjust them to your playstyle, and not only does your mod fix that, but also your mod is one of the top most ambitious & extensive hullmod mods that doesn't shackle itself to adding a new faction in the process. It's incredibly vanilla friendly & I will 100% be using this every single time that I play the game again. 10/10, literally couldnt ask for a thing
... well, I could ask for 1 thing. Idk what manufactory load balance & targeting data link does lol their tooltips are a bit vague. Also, u mispelled "decrease" in fighter command overclock.
Playing with Flux Quantum Entanglement, Gunship & Armor Removal while piloting my ship as a mobile battery bank for my fighters in my astral is extremely fun
Thank you for enjoying the mod!

Regarding some of the comments:
So it's a less known fact that all fighter bays have their individual replacement rate, but vanilla always sync them across the board.
With Load Balance, if you have multiple wings and one is heavily damaged while the other is not, it will suck all the replacement rate from the undamaged decks and move it to the one that needs replacement.
It also will show a combat UI to inform you all the decks' current active replacement rate.
I may consider buffing it by lowering it's OP cost since the effect is kind of niche, but it is insanely useful with Command Overclock when the replacement rate is actively sucked dry and fighter wings are gonna sit on a large reserve not dying, at least not as much as bombers.

I'll add a tooltip to show how much benefit you get from Targeting Data Link.
Basically it alone does nothing. But if your carrier installed an ITU, it gives the ITU range bonus to the fighter.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2021, 01:58:56 PM »

ohh, so fighter wing replacement rate is boosted for every wing at 100% replacement?
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2021, 02:47:07 PM »

ohh, so fighter wing replacement rate is boosted for every wing at 100% replacement?

Not quite like that.

So for example you have a wing at 1/3 and another at 3/3. Your replacement rate shows 80%, it means the replacement clock for the first wing is ticking at only 80% speed.
However if you install the Load Balance, it shifts the rate from the second wing, the new replacement rate distribution will be 99% / 61%. Your damaged wing will be replacing at a much better speed but it cannot surpass the full speed (game limit).

jlrperkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2021, 09:48:11 AM »

Replacement rate may not go above 100 percent, but, can a hullmod apply a modifier to a fighter's replacement time (example, if a fighter's replacement time is 10 seconds, is it possible to cut it to half through a hullmod?)

Edit: another question, is it possible to use a hullmod to "fix" a fighter LPC to the ship? I am thinking of something like "Specialized Forge Vats", a hullmomd that sharply cuts a wing's replacement rate, at the cost of turning the wing into a "built-in" wing as long as the hullmod remains in place.

Not quite like that.

So for example you have a wing at 1/3 and another at 3/3. Your replacement rate shows 80%, it means the replacement clock for the first wing is ticking at only 80% speed.
However if you install the Load Balance, it shifts the rate from the second wing, the new replacement rate distribution will be 99% / 61%. Your damaged wing will be replacing at a much better speed but it cannot surpass the full speed (game limit).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 09:55:35 AM by jlrperkins »

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2021, 10:27:45 AM »

Replacement rate may not go above 100 percent, but, can a hullmod apply a modifier to a fighter's replacement time (example, if a fighter's replacement time is 10 seconds, is it possible to cut it to half through a hullmod?)

Edit: another question, is it possible to use a hullmod to "fix" a fighter LPC to the ship? I am thinking of something like "Specialized Forge Vats", a hullmomd that sharply cuts a wing's replacement rate, at the cost of turning the wing into a "built-in" wing as long as the hullmod remains in place.

As of replacement boost, the revamped hullmod Advanced Fighter Command should fulfill your need

Built in wing would require making a hullspec on the fly which I haven’t find a way to do it. There was an attempt to remove wings from built in but did not succeed. However you may be asking for Ace carrier core? The interceptor and support wing bonus do have huge replacement speed boost.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 10:30:14 AM by Sutopia »

jlrperkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2021, 10:39:05 AM »

I was actually thinking of suggesting an idea that would play somewhat similar to the Manufactory Load Balance hullmod, something like "Streamlined Manufactory". The rough idea is: if you had an intact wing and a damaged wing, the intact wing would apply a reduction to the replacement time of the damaged wing, but only if they were the same fighter model. For example, in a carrier with three Broadsword wings, with two intact wings and a damaged wing, the damaged wing would have its replacement time cut by around two thirds. If there were two damaged wings and one intact, the damaged wings would have their replacement time cut by around one third.

The in-game rationale would be that, if you have several forge vats set to produce the same fighter model, why not pool their production to accelerate the assemby of replacements?

As of replacement boost, the revamped hullmod Advanced Fighter Command should fulfill your need

Built in wing would require making a hullspec on the run which I haven’t find a way to do it. There was an attempt to remove wings from built in but did not succeed. However you may be asking for Ace carrier core? The interceptor and support wing bonus do have huge replacement speed boost.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.4.2a "Operation Tango"
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2021, 11:06:11 AM »

That sounds like combining the functionality of load balancer and advanced fighter command.
However, advanced fighter command do work on a one-wing setup, so I’m not entirely convinced to retire one and merge the functionality.
It also kind of overlaps with DA’s wanzer service hullmod where all wanzer wings get doubled replacement speed if the carrier is loaded with only wanzer wings.

jlrperkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.4.2a "Operation Tango"
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2021, 11:39:20 AM »

Agree, there's a good deal of functionality overlap between my idea and load balancer. My thought is that load balancer caters to fighter complements that lean towards versatility (fighters, bombers, supports, etc) while my idea would cater to mono-hull complements that sacrifice versatility in exchange for super fast replacements. Maybe make them mutually exclusive?

That sounds like combining the functionality of load balancer and advanced fighter command.
However, advanced fighter command do work on a one-wing setup, so I’m not entirely convinced to retire one and merge the functionality.
It also kind of overlaps with DA’s wanzer service hullmod where all wanzer wings get doubled replacement speed if the carrier is loaded with only wanzer wings.

CrimsonPhalanx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.5.0a "Tooltips"
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2021, 05:01:12 AM »

the "if this is not an S mod and this warning is appearing please contact mod author" message is appearing when I hover over other carrier cores when I have selected and equipped one, along with the "can not be installed due to ship being heavily modified"

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2021, 05:13:16 AM »

How about a simple Missile Hullmod called "Combat Rated Missile Autoforges" affecting both fighter LPCs and the Parent Ship that
1)reduces ammo on all missile weapons with limited, non-regenarating amounts to just the one salvo
2)Have said Missile Weapons with previously limited ammo regenerate the one salvo at something like 300% that weapon's reload time?

It would have a consistent effect on all missile weapons with limited ammo and not affect the ones already coming with infinite ammo. You may want to make the new reload time nerf even higher to compensate for the use (and abuse) of Elite Missile Specialization skill tough.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 05:21:51 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2021, 08:06:22 AM »

the "if this is not an S mod and this warning is appearing please contact mod author" message is appearing when I hover over other carrier cores when I have selected and equipped one, along with the "can not be installed due to ship being heavily modified"

Oh, it’s... I should rephrase it.

I have added anti-smod-cheese that if you add a hullmod (converted hangar for example), s-mod ace core, and remove the hangar. It should make Ace core invalid so in such cases all fighters will crash on take-off.

However there may be oversight of such mechanism that would cause a legit installed hullmod description to apply the punishment so the text is there. From what you described it’s not... exactly the case, you haven’t use any vodoo to install a hullmod then remove its requirements.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15