Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Modern Carriers 1.9.5  (Read 203542 times)

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.3.7b
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2021, 09:59:00 PM »

v1.3.7b is up
No longer possible to exploit S-mod then remove the requirement hullmod. Doing so will result in fighters immediately crash upon takeoff.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2021, 03:37:29 AM »

Nice! Let me grab this one real quick before I play SS today  :)
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

halloween20

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2021, 09:32:16 AM »

v1.3.7b is up
No longer possible to exploit S-mod then remove the requirement hullmod. Doing so will result in fighters immediately crash upon takeoff.
the "in game" version isn't updeated.
the launcher still says 1.3.7a

and one more thing... more a  question.
is it possible to remove the mod from an existing save?

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2021, 11:54:56 AM »

v1.3.7b is up
the "in game" version isn't updeated.
the launcher still says 1.3.7a

and one more thing... more a  question.
is it possible to remove the mod from an existing save?

No. Hullmods are considered content expansion and they get injected into save metadata upon saving (if you’re adding it to an ongoing save). Removing the mod after saving with the mod enabled will result in failure of loading save. (I learned this the hard way, even just adding a debug hullmod and didn’t actually use it the save can no longer live without the mod)

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.3.7c
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2021, 11:17:47 PM »

It seems you can't have Swarm Carrier Core on ships that have built-in fighters? Sure, ships that only have built-in fighters should be disallowed from it, but there's a load of mod ships that have dedicated carriers with just one or two built-in wings and more free flight decks (ORA and Roiders mainly). Same idea for Ace, can't add it for those either.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.3.7c
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2021, 06:42:26 AM »

It seems you can't have Swarm Carrier Core on ships that have built-in fighters? Sure, ships that only have built-in fighters should be disallowed from it, but there's a load of mod ships that have dedicated carriers with just one or two built-in wings and more free flight decks (ORA and Roiders mainly). Same idea for Ace, can't add it for those either.

Swarm relies on original deck count to apply penalty and I don’t really know how to count built-in.
Some mod offers a few built in wings and significantly buff them with unique hullmods, thus adding additional deck that would then take advantage of the hullmod will be extremely broken.
I need to re-evaluate how to deal with the built-in for swarm. I think what I can do instead is check if there exist any regular deck and use the remaining regular deck to calculate the malus.

Ace relies on the OP cost of the wing which if in extreme case where it’s got a tempest-similar super drone companion that counts 0OP it’ll be very broken.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.4.0a "Operation Tango"
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2021, 02:59:01 PM »

V1.4.0 update released!
New Carrier Core "Support" is added (actively monitoring balance)

Pseudo historical mission "Operation Tango" is now available! Try it out. (Contains campaign spoiler)
Allowed Swarm core to be installed on hulls that has both built-in and standard fighter bay
Electronic Superiority is retired (functionally replaced)

kaseywolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2021, 03:30:46 PM »

V1.4.0 update released!

Pseudo historical mission "Operation Tango" is now available! Try it out. (Contains campaign spoiler)
Allowed Swarm core to be installed on hulls that has both built-in and standard fighter bay

Hey! i have a large number of mods. but i just added this one and the support core causes java to crash. i will list the error log here

161825 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/prv/ships/prv_fasklot.png (using cast)
161944 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/shadow_ships/ships/seski/ms_seski_L.png (using cast)
162159 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [org.sutopia.starsector.mod.moderncarrier.hullmods.core.SupportCarrierCore]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [org.sutopia.starsector.mod.moderncarrier.hullmods.core.SupportCarrierCore]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.sutopia.starsector.mod.moderncarrier.hullmods.core.SupportCarrierCore
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 2 more
0    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Starting Starsector 0.95a-RC15 launcher

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2021, 04:00:44 PM »

V1.4.0 update released!

Hey! i have a large number of mods. but i just added this one and the support core causes java to crash. i will list the error log here

161825 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/prv/ships/prv_fasklot.png (using cast)
161944 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/shadow_ships/ships/seski/ms_seski_L.png (using cast)
162159 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [org.sutopia.starsector.mod.moderncarrier.hullmods.core.SupportCarrierCore]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [org.sutopia.starsector.mod.moderncarrier.hullmods.core.SupportCarrierCore]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.sutopia.starsector.mod.moderncarrier.hullmods.core.SupportCarrierCore
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
   ... 2 more
0    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Starting Starsector 0.95a-RC15 launcher

Ooooops I forgot to change the compiled jar file
Updated the file, please re-download

halloween20

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2021, 04:55:26 PM »

uhm... first of all, edit the pic in the spoiler. the size is to big to be shown her...

and can we have a info on the new core ?

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2021, 05:12:54 PM »

uhm... first of all, edit the pic in the spoiler. the size is to big to be shown her...

and can we have a info on the new core ?

Updated info (was uploading screenshots and forgot to save post)

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2021, 05:25:08 PM »

So, wait... for those of us players Captains who already have the 'Electronic Superiority' hullmod installed on their carriers...

Is the old 'ecmfighters' id (from hull_mods.csv) being re-used for the Support Carrier Core?

Or is it now functionally blank (needs to be manually removed), then adding the Support Carrier Core?

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2021, 05:35:04 PM »

So, wait... for those of us players Captains who already have the 'Electronic Superiority' hullmod installed on their carriers...

Is the old 'ecmfighters' id (from hull_mods.csv) being re-used for the Support Carrier Core?

Or is it now functionally blank (needs to be manually removed), then adding the Support Carrier Core?

The function was untouched in case someone built it in.
The new support core is a brand new hullmod that will allow co-existing with the original ES but not with another core.

Wait. I just remembered that after hiding the hullmod from player it no longer count toward S-mod count.
um ... hm ... I'll just leave it be (same as bastion).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 05:37:14 PM by Sutopia »

dcong89

• Ensign
  • Work Hard Play Hard
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.4.0b "Operation Tango"
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2021, 08:09:43 PM »

hi ops ,did you disable Bomber External Hardpoint , i find it fun to go slow and bang bang but why !??

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.4.0c "Operation Tango"
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2021, 08:53:46 PM »

hi ops ,did you disable Bomber External Hardpoint , i find it fun to go slow and bang bang but why !??
:'(
For some reason I hided the wrong hullmod
I really need some brain rest ...
1.4.0c is up

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15