Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Modern Carriers 1.9.5  (Read 203480 times)

PeachPatrol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.2.5a
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2021, 06:15:03 AM »

It would be nice if the vanilla factions knew these hullmods so they could be randomly selected and sold in markets.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.3.0a
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2021, 09:08:22 PM »

V1.3.0a is out! (Log updating)
Sorry I lied in WIP! Bastion rework is too complicated and I decided to make an AI library first!
Temporarily replaced with Ace core. I personally like it very much and paired with the new hullmods should achieve similar effects.

Would like all feedbacks regarding balance of:
Ace Carrier Core
Fighter Command Overclock
and of course every other hullmod

It would be nice if the vanilla factions knew these hullmods so they could be randomly selected and sold in markets.
I'm not entirely sure how to do that. I did add hullmods as built in to some vanilla hulls and marked all of them as "merc" so high end bounties should be using them occasionally.
If you know a better way doing this please let me know.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Damienov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2021, 11:10:36 PM »

a small itsy bitsy request for you @Sutopia

can the version name be on the file name instead?
I've used a lot of mods and version number/name after mods filename help on organizing

cheers

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2021, 11:20:24 PM »

a small itsy bitsy request for you @Sutopia

can the version name be on the file name instead?
I've used a lot of mods and version number/name after mods filename help on organizing

cheers
Not sure how to do that.
Do you mean folder name?
That's not possible because mod has unique id and smaller numbered ones are loaded first, preventing latest version (bigger number versions) from loading.

Or do you mean the 7z file name?
I ... hm, yeah, sure, I can do that next time. I'm just used to pack the local folder directly into 7z and ship it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 11:22:55 PM by Sutopia »

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

ZeroXSEED

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2021, 11:27:41 PM »

Ah, there's no version for 0.91, that's sad. Good work on the mod though.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2021, 12:30:43 AM »

You should see how this mod performance with a fleet full of Astrals, it breaks the balance of the game
^^

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2021, 06:12:37 AM »

You should see how this mod performance with a fleet full of Astrals, it breaks the balance of the game
Do you have a specific loadout I can look into?
I’m very curious how you can break the game with only 12~18 wings while condor can field more?

PeachPatrol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2021, 07:44:15 AM »

I'm not entirely sure how to do that. I did add hullmods as built in to some vanilla hulls and marked all of them as "merc" so high end bounties should be using them occasionally.

What I did was add
Spoiler
{
    "knownHullMods":{
        "hullMods":[
         "carriersafetyoverrides",
         "swarmcarrier",
         "bastioncarrier",
         "rushbcarrier",
         "rtscarrier",
         "carrierloadbalance",
         "fatfighters",
         "fightermorebomb",
         "emergencyfighters",
         "fighternoarmor",
        ],
    },
},
[close]
to world/faction/.faction files for all the factions (except pirates, or black markets will be swamped with them). This is for the last version so bastion is in there and fighterecm isn't. This will make it possible for factions to randomly select the mods for sale and for fits.

I also added tiers and increased prices in hull_mods.csv. I made the cores tier 3 so they feel rare, the others 1 so they appear in open market.

Edit: I forgot to mention you have to remove unlocked:TRUE in hull_mods.csv if you want mods to be sold/found. I kept Fighter Command Overclock as automatically unlocked. Removing unlocked:TRUE & giving the mods a tier automatically adds the hullmods to exploration lists.

Also: If you want factions to use the hullmods more often, you can make variants and add them to default_ship_roles.json. If they randomly select the variant (I'm not sure how to affect the probability) it'll force the hullmods onto generated fits. This is somewhat intrusive, but much less intrusive than building hullmods into hulls. You can also use variantOverrides in .faction files so different factions prefer different cores or hullmods.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 07:54:35 AM by PeachPatrol »

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2021, 10:56:26 PM »

What I did was add
Spoiler
{
    "knownHullMods":{
        "hullMods":[
         "carriersafetyoverrides",
         "swarmcarrier",
         "bastioncarrier",
         "rushbcarrier",
         "rtscarrier",
         "carrierloadbalance",
         "fatfighters",
         "fightermorebomb",
         "emergencyfighters",
         "fighternoarmor",
        ],
    },
},
[close]
to world/faction/.faction files for all the factions (except pirates, or black markets will be swamped with them). This is for the last version so bastion is in there and fighterecm isn't. This will make it possible for factions to randomly select the mods for sale and for fits.

I also added tiers and increased prices in hull_mods.csv. I made the cores tier 3 so they feel rare, the others 1 so they appear in open market.

Edit: I forgot to mention you have to remove unlocked:TRUE in hull_mods.csv if you want mods to be sold/found. I kept Fighter Command Overclock as automatically unlocked. Removing unlocked:TRUE & giving the mods a tier automatically adds the hullmods to exploration lists.

Also: If you want factions to use the hullmods more often, you can make variants and add them to default_ship_roles.json. If they randomly select the variant (I'm not sure how to affect the probability) it'll force the hullmods onto generated fits. This is somewhat intrusive, but much less intrusive than building hullmods into hulls. You can also use variantOverrides in .faction files so different factions prefer different cores or hullmods.
Thanks a lot!
1.3.1 is up

CrixM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.3.1a
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2021, 04:59:50 AM »

I don't understand the point of skirmish carrier core. The majority of fighter weapons are already short ranged, making them even shorter will actually reduce the amount of time they're able to fire, even when near enemy ships. It seems to me it's sole purpose is to abuse travel times with dumbfire bombers.

dEVoRaTriX_LuX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2021, 09:10:51 AM »

Crash to desktop when accessing the market boards from the Stellar Networks 1.0.1 and searching for hull mod market locations. Modern carrier version is 1.3.1a

Code
10980481 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.sutopia.starsector.mod.moderncarrier.hullmods.core.SwarmCarrierCore.isApplicableToShip(SwarmCarrierCore.java:64)
at org.sutopia.starsector.mod.moderncarrier.hullmods.core.SwarmCarrierCore.getDescriptionParam(SwarmCarrierCore.java:58)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.impl.items.ModSpecItemPlugin.createTooltip(ModSpecItemPlugin.java:194)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoDataGridView$1.createImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.oÒ0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoDataGridView.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.oOoO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.E.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Oooo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.K.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2021, 09:26:06 PM »

Version 1.3.5a is up!
Check version log for full changes.

Crash to desktop when accessing the market boards from the Stellar Networks 1.0.1 and searching for hull mod market locations. Modern carrier version is 1.3.1a

Code
10980481 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException

This should be fixed by v1.3.5a! Thanks for reporting

I don't understand the point of skirmish carrier core. The majority of fighter weapons are already short ranged, making them even shorter will actually reduce the amount of time they're able to fire, even when near enemy ships. It seems to me it's sole purpose is to abuse travel times with dumbfire bombers.
It also provides carrier 2% zero flux speed boost threshold which means you'll be able to have the sweet +50 speed while setting fighters to engage.
The range penalty also applies to missiles so that's not the whole story. The initial intent is make some gunning fighters have so much speed that enemy AA would not be able to track. There are some mod bombers using one-off guns so I had to apply the penalty to all weapons to prevent bombers taking significant advantage out of this speed boost.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.3.5b
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2021, 02:41:25 AM »

I've actually been using Skirmish core (which later got integrated into the ship with a story point) on all my battlecarriers using Broadswords and It's great, really. I've more or less managed to obtain Thunder interceptor levels of fighter mobility across the battefield (minus the max range) with Heavy Fighters, and it's quite great for dealing with both frigates and phase ships with a quickness!

I also fully expect the hullmod to work a great deal when using things like Warthogs, but I have not tried that yet considering the fact I've got more expensive heavy/assault fighter options thanks to some additional mods.

I've noticed that the nerfs the Skirmish Core applies are mostly if not all mitigated by a level 6 officer having both Elite Point Defence and Elite Strike Commander, is this intended?
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.3.5b
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2021, 06:47:27 AM »

I've actually been using Skirmish core (which later got integrated into the ship with a story point) on all my battlecarriers using Broadswords and It's great, really. I've more or less managed to obtain Thunder interceptor levels of fighter mobility across the battefield (minus the max range) with Heavy Fighters, and it's quite great for dealing with both frigates and phase ships with a quickness!

I also fully expect the hullmod to work a great deal when using things like Warthogs, but I have not tried that yet considering the fact I've got more expensive heavy/assault fighter options thanks to some additional mods.

I've noticed that the nerfs the Skirmish Core applies are mostly if not all mitigated by a level 6 officer having both Elite Point Defence and Elite Strike Commander, is this intended?

I have to be honest, no.
PD elite only extends PD range but the range reduction is applied after that so I wouldn’t call it mitigated.
Elite strike commander I guess just naturally makes gunning fighters good.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] [Hullmod] Modern Carriers 1.3.6a
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2021, 12:06:51 AM »

v1.3.6a is up
Ace is nerfed significantly, mainly regarding deck value.
If you ever find a fighter that seems extremely broken using Ace, please post the fighter and the hull here so I can analyze if there is an attribute oversight or was it the mod providing the fighter not doing a good job balancing.

Please note that the bonus provided is related to OP cost of the fighter, so it may be caused by mod having extremely underpriced fighter to exploit the bonus.
Especially many mods are abusing the support fighter category. Please refer to vanilla Xyphos wing strength and cost.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15