Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Modern Carriers 1.9.5  (Read 203489 times)

MapleDaddy__ TTV

• Ensign
  • Twitch.tv/MapleDaddy__ I stream often
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Modern Carriers 1.8.2a
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2022, 06:42:53 PM »

I was fighting the domain explorarium drones with Ironshell when this crash happened, and it mentions Modern Carrier by name, so I figured I'd post it here. https://pastebin.com/b1XcGAes

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2022, 08:01:35 PM »

I was fighting the domain explorarium drones with Ironshell when this crash happened, and it mentions Modern Carrier by name, so I figured I'd post it here. https://pastebin.com/b1XcGAes

I've changed the implementation of the return order invocation, it should be fixed now.

I will say yet again “any decent fighter” “including most modded fighters” are stupid strong with ace. I was pretty straightforward. Sorry I’m not going to list hundreds of fighters for you too test takes too long.

I’m at work rn but if you need examples I can try and pull a few once I’m home

The bonus formula was messed up since idk when.
As a result, some of the bonus are increased by an additional 100% unintendedly.
Fix patch on the way

ah well that makes sense. i dont really mind a single fighter getting a buff but it seemed to be way too strong when i tested it on a few ships. i wasnt really using OP fighters either i was using some remnant ones and some from sylphon. nice too see that something wasnt correct! once you update ill test again for you if you would like? im running pretty much every single faction and ship pack so lmk
1.8.3 updated
FYI fighter (all types) bonus multiplier is 1.5 + 0.6 * (hullmod OP cost) / (fighter base OP cost + 4)
Base bonus multiplier being 1.5 is due to the 100% markup on fighter OP cost; Before the fix it was 1 BUT I forgot to subtract by 1 when throwing the value against percentage bonus modifiers, so it was realistically base value of 2.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2022, 04:56:33 AM »

I've changed the implementation of the return order invocation, it should be fixed now.

I will say yet again “any decent fighter” “including most modded fighters” are stupid strong with ace. I was pretty straightforward. Sorry I’m not going to list hundreds of fighters for you too test takes too long.

I’m at work rn but if you need examples I can try and pull a few once I’m home

The bonus formula was messed up since idk when.
As a result, some of the bonus are increased by an additional 100% unintendedly.
Fix patch on the way

ah well that makes sense. i dont really mind a single fighter getting a buff but it seemed to be way too strong when i tested it on a few ships. i wasnt really using OP fighters either i was using some remnant ones and some from sylphon. nice too see that something wasnt correct! once you update ill test again for you if you would like? im running pretty much every single faction and ship pack so lmk
1.8.3 updated
FYI fighter (all types) bonus multiplier is 1.5 + 0.6 * (hullmod OP cost) / (fighter base OP cost + 4)
Base bonus multiplier being 1.5 is due to the 100% markup on fighter OP cost; Before the fix it was 1 BUT I forgot to subtract by 1 when throwing the value against percentage bonus modifiers, so it was realistically base value of 2.

im about to sleep but i will test tonight on some stuff and see how well they perform now! ill have video if you want to see?

TehGanker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Modern Carriers 1.8.3
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2022, 07:28:13 AM »

Few questions @ Avatar Core : is it affected upgraded skills(elited) on strikecrafts ? Also officer behavior(timid, reckless, etc) ?  And one more - does ballistic mastery worx on piranhas bombs ?
Sorry for bothering, surely all it can be revealed thru experimenta, but dont wanna charading in iron pants mode :(

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2022, 10:00:56 AM »

Few questions @ Avatar Core : is it affected upgraded skills(elited) on strikecrafts ? Also officer behavior(timid, reckless, etc) ?  And one more - does ballistic mastery worx on piranhas bombs ?
Sorry for bothering, surely all it can be revealed thru experimenta, but dont wanna charading in iron pants mode :(
Elites are copied, yes
Behavior, no, I don’t think fighter AI respect personality to begin with
I do believe the ballistic mastery apply to piranha since standard bomb bay is ballistic, at least it was when I last checked.

im about to sleep but i will test tonight on some stuff and see how well they perform now! ill have video if you want to see?

Can you send the clip or highlight? I don’t think our time zones can work out.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

TehGanker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2022, 10:13:13 AM »

Thanks for full answer kind sir  ;) Its time unleash my fighters with full gentleman's set - seems, this core is best choice for my metal beasts !

BigBrainEnergy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2022, 03:27:06 PM »

I'm having an issue with modern carriers where the carrier cores are available in missions but not in the actual game even after unlocking them. What's up with that?
TL;DR deez nuts

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 11, 2022, 04:38:05 PM »

I'm having an issue with modern carriers where the carrier cores are available in missions but not in the actual game even after unlocking them. What's up with that?

Can this mod be installed mid-game
Yes!
However, you may encounter a situation when you can't find them in fitting screen after learning one.
Make sure you have the design filter turned on:
Here
[close]

BigBrainEnergy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2022, 05:29:56 PM »

Thanks! This solved my problem, although it's a bit weird because I started a new game after getting the mod to avoid issues like this.
TL;DR deez nuts

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2022, 06:18:41 PM »

Thanks! This solved my problem, although it's a bit weird because I started a new game after getting the mod to avoid issues like this.
Interesting, this definitely was not a thing in 0.95a  :o
I'll make it a separate FAQ entry just to be clear

jlrperkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2022, 08:00:42 AM »

Avatar core + Drone carrier + Alpha Core

Praise the machine lords!

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2022, 08:07:14 AM »

I don’t think I’ve released the latest “fighter automation interface” allowing drone carriers to use regular fighters but glad you like it!

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Modern Carriers 1.8.5
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2022, 06:28:55 PM »

V1.8.5 added a new hullmod to allow your drone carriers use regular fighters!

SIDE EFFECT: will render all modded fighter with 0 crew as drone carrier compatible

jlrperkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2022, 10:43:43 AM »

I don’t think I’ve released the latest “fighter automation interface” allowing drone carriers to use regular fighters but glad you like it!

Anyone would have seen this one coming :)

I love this mod. Thanks for your hard work!

dgchessman2

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Modern Carriers 1.9.0
« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2022, 07:43:08 PM »

Not sure if this is intended or not:  VIC Vipers don't double in cost when used with Ace Core
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15