Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: How to get ai to use interdictor array on a capital ship I'm making?  (Read 730 times)

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile

is there any way I can program or set the ai to use the Interdictor array at any target within range the ai never uses the ship system its frustrating because I built one of my new capital ships around this abandoned ship system did Alex remove the AI's ability to use it or something?
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Are you using "aiType":"INTERDICTOR" in your .system file?

Edit: You are probably using the vanilla system, which I see is still the same as when it was in use. Sounds like you should send a bug report (modded) at Alex.

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile

Are you using "aiType":"INTERDICTOR" in your .system file?

Edit: You are probably using the vanilla system, which I see is still the same as when it was in use. Sounds like you should send a bug report (modded) at Alex.

Hey man If i replaced the system ai to something like the ENTROPY_AMPLIFIER will it make use of the interdictor array as a workaround?
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

It might work. If it doesn't crash and uses it semi-reasonably? Though iirc the ENTROPY_AMPLIFIER ai tries to look for when the target is vulnerable, which isn't quite what you might want here.

(Was it ever actually "working" in a proper release, with a vanilla ship using it? I don't remember! At this point, though, I'd consider anything about it working to be a fortunate accident; it's old, unused in vanilla, and very much not maintained.)

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Doom used Interdictor before Mine Strike IIRC

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile

Doom used Interdictor before Mine Strike IIRC
It might work. If it doesn't crash and uses it semi-reasonably? Though iirc the ENTROPY_AMPLIFIER ai tries to look for when the target is vulnerable, which isn't quite what you might want here.

(Was it ever actually "working" in a proper release, with a vanilla ship using it? I don't remember! At this point, though, I'd consider anything about it working to be a fortunate accident; it's old, unused in vanilla, and very much not maintained.)

Im going to use the Mine_STRIKE AI for this one hoping it does the job the system is perfect for my modded ship, hopefully, I can get a release going on here. Thanks so much for the info I guess IA system will sit and collect dust until further notice.

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile

The Tamerlane from my mod RotcesRats uses the vanilla interdictor array, and it uses the system successfully. You might be running into issues with the vanilla system having a rather short range, and if you're putting it on a capital it might not want to get close enough to use it.
The system is very specialized though as it can't really cause a full on flameout on its own, so i'd personally not recommend using it on a capital as they generally lack the speed to take advantage of it.

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile

The Tamerlane from my mod RotcesRats uses the vanilla interdictor array, and it uses the system successfully. You might be running into issues with the vanilla system having a rather short range, and if you're putting it on a capital it might not want to get close enough to use it.
The system is very specialized though as it can't really cause a full on flameout on its own, so i'd personally not recommend using it on a capital as they generally lack the speed to take advantage of it.

Damn lucky guy I can't seem to get mine to work on a capital level without me intervening the AI which defeats the point. too bad i might replace the system on my ship with the Mine strike one now lmao.