Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9.5a]Hullmod Expansion Revived V0.01  (Read 3106 times)

ArkaneKannon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.9.5a]Hullmod Expansion Revived V0.01
« on: May 08, 2021, 04:04:34 AM »

(Defunct Until further notice. Sorry for the inconvenience.)
Keep in mind, that calling me a script kiddie is like calling a toddler with a crayon a da vinci, okay? Good.
More over I am terrible with forum formatting.

Hullmod Expansion, The re-expansion. I have yet to decide how to approach this as far as modding is concerned. I could Just as my additions to the mod while removing and balancing as needed. Though as icky as that feels to me, adding salt to a dish someone else has cooked, I don't want the original code to rot away on some part of my hard-drive never to see the light of day again(Dramatic I know). Though on the other hand I'd rather it lived on in some form or another

Download:
Removed until further notice by request of Alex. Good on the lucky dogs that snagged it before it was gone.

More seriously, I'll keep the link up in case the original author sees this post or I somehow mange to pick apart enough code in a genuine way that I can reasonably call it my own. Though any such work would still credit phoenix and would still be heavily inspired thereof.
Update log
Spoiler
Spoilers Woo.
Modified original post description.(21.05.12)
[close]
Credits
Spoiler
Original credits to phoenix. To whom I would like to thank for the great mod to begin with.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 03:55:03 PM by ArkaneKannon »

translop

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.5a]Hullmod Expansion Revived V0.01
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 12:22:54 PM »

Just wanted to say thanks for this. Regardless of the drama back then, I was a big fan of the hullmods added  :). I'll test it out and see if there's any ctds.

ArkaneKannon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 01:57:40 PM »

Drama? I'm not aware of anything like that- though I kind of live under a rock :p. I loved this collection of hull mods and thought it would be too good to keep to myself. Worse comes to worse I'd have to make my own but heavily inspired pack. Hull mods do seem too difficult to replicate. I really wish I'd payed attention in my programming classes.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 01:59:15 PM »

do you have permission to do this? Just asking because of prior drama around More Hullmods, which just used code without permission and almost got taken down for it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 02:03:19 PM by SirHartley »

ArkaneKannon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 02:10:01 PM »

I tried to find the original author through the message board and came up empty. The original mod is kaput and as far I am aware I might have one the few copies of it still kicking. So It's really difficult to credit the original author as much as I'd like. I went for the signal flare method. Until, the original author tells me to stop with kindness in their hearts, I'll keep editing and tweaking to my hearts content. Moreover I'm just having fun picking the code apart.

In short no, but he has been credited and I will stand by my statement if the original author requests the take down(Though I have no idea how to verify that). Even at such a point I might upload a similar if version heavily tweaked, and more capable of being a fan pack or another mod entirely. And as far as using code without permission if I knew the offending lines I could silence them myself. I've already deleted references to SWP if that's what your talking about.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 03:22:41 PM by ArkaneKannon »

translop

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 03:58:32 PM »

I'd help if it comes to remaking the hullmods. Would help to brush up on my rusty Java. I've (shamelessly) stripped parts of an earlier version of the mod for my personal collection of imba hullmods. Granted the currrent mods are already quite powerful to begin with, could nerf everything by 50% statwise and you'd still end up with super ships.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 04:01:59 PM »

I think Phoenix still active in YouTube comment assuming they're the same person, because both appear in old Starsector videos and random video I watch including Sseth. But he seems really upset back then, changing his account name, and leave for good.

He seems to have issues with temperament but the fact he comes back for a moment to say sorry about the drama and re-uploading his mod before deleting it again saying a lot about him. I hope he get better wherever he is.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 05:56:45 PM »

Hi - ah, my apologies! I appreciate that you're trying to do something positive here, and that you've tried to get in touch with Phoenix. But, taking over someone's mod without their explicit permission is not something that's allowed here; "they haven't objected" isn't considered enough. If you could take the download link down, I'd appreciate it. I hope you stick around in the community!

ArkaneKannon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 09:48:23 PM »

Hi - ah, my apologies! I appreciate that you're trying to do something positive here, and that you've tried to get in touch with Phoenix. But, taking over someone's mod without their explicit permission is not something that's allowed here; "they haven't objected" isn't considered enough. If you could take the download link down, I'd appreciate it. I hope you stick around in the community!

Done. And done. Though the post will remain in hopes phoenix can see it if he/she ever decide to get in touch over it. In the meantime I'll have to do some hard looking at the code I got. Sorry for the trouble.

ArkaneKannon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2021, 10:01:56 PM »

I'd help if it comes to remaking the hullmods. Would help to brush up on my rusty Java. I've (shamelessly) stripped parts of an earlier version of the mod for my personal collection of imba hullmods. Granted the currrent mods are already quite powerful to begin with, could nerf everything by 50% statwise and you'd still end up with super ships.
I appreciate the offer but, I have to decline on the account that if I do upload in the near future it would more than likely be at my own lazy pace. I don't want to subject people to my lack of drive and motivation. Though again thanks for the offer. From most of what I see the star-sector community is very civil and that's very heartening to see.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2021, 07:26:52 AM »

here's hoping everyone come together and we can get this content expansion back up and running.
there is a lot of love in that code!
cheers everyone

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2021, 12:37:44 PM »

Done. And done. Though the post will remain in hopes phoenix can see it if he/she ever decide to get in touch over it. In the meantime I'll have to do some hard looking at the code I got. Sorry for the trouble.

(Thank you! And, no worries at all.)