Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kazeron Navarchy v1.2  (Read 104101 times)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Kazeron Navarchy v1.2
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 11:19:49 AM »

There are Lion Guards in SWP (not updated to 0.95a though). Sadly you can't pick and chose, SWP comes with some additional ships and IBB (can be disabled).

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 12:17:16 PM »

I really like this mod, the skins are very colourful and make the Persean League stand out more! Hullmod is also a nice touch.

Side note: out of curiosity would you consider doing something similar but with Sindrian Diktat ships? I find their fleets to look rather bland as well.

Vayra's sector already does that, it adds a color scheme to some of the ships most used by the Sindrian Diktat and they all come with Solar Shielding integrated into the ship, I?m afraid we'll have to wait for Dark:Revenant to recieve enough Argent Energy to power through his plethora of mods and update that one too, eventually  8)
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Profit Prophet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2021, 12:36:18 PM »

I really like this mod, the skins are very colourful and make the Persean League stand out more! Hullmod is also a nice touch.

Side note: out of curiosity would you consider doing something similar but with Sindrian Diktat ships? I find their fleets to look rather bland as well.

Vayra's sector already does that, it adds a color scheme to some of the ships most used by the Sindrian Diktat and they all come with Solar Shielding integrated into the ship, I?m afraid we'll have to wait for Dark:Revenant to recieve enough Argent Energy to power through his plethora of mods and update that one too, eventually  8)

Sorry I might be missing something here I thought Vayra is the person who is developing and updating Vayra's sector, does Dark Revenant help out with updates on Vayra's sector as well?

radekplug

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2021, 01:31:05 PM »

Nice mod bout you can add more ships with pack like eagle and falcon give presan league para or somting para with lagre hybrids.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2021, 04:03:28 AM »

Sorry I might be missing something here I thought Vayra is the person who is developing and updating Vayra's sector, does Dark Revenant help out with updates on Vayra's sector as well?

Oh, you're not missing anything, I'm just dumb and mixed a few mods that were in my head at the time I wrote that reply. Vayra indeed updates Vayra's sector, as far as my limited knowledge goes!

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2021, 06:55:18 AM »

Thanks Peach!

Was just looking for something just like this. Wouldn't do too much more with this, it's almost perfect as is.

There are Lion Guards in SWP (not updated to 0.95a though). Sadly you can't pick and chose, SWP comes with some additional ships and IBB (can be disabled).

There's also the original Lion Guards if you want just those ships, but it needs some minor updates (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11197.0).

Already done this myself and added in the Liberator from SWP plus custom hullmods.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 07:08:07 AM by Great Wound »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2021, 07:27:13 AM »

There isn't a plan for an art overhaul right now, but I know what you're talking about. I have been looking at Tartiflette's excellent guide to ship painting, which basically outlines how to reproduce SWP's consistency. Interesting stuff but I'd have to take some time to better learn the tools.
Now that I think about it, the only outlier is Odyssey. Only High Tech ship, and only "neutral" baseline ship in this pack. Might just simply comment it out and use your skins as-is :)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2021, 05:01:51 PM »

Question 1:
Do you have plans for adding more reskins of vanilla ships? Are you going to stick to Midline, with the only outlier being the Odissey or are you also considering more high tech ships the League has in it's roster?
Namely: Monitor, Eagle, Falcon, Kite, Wolf, Shrike, Fury, Harbinger, Tempest (?), Omen (?) Etc. I would even go as far as saying you could probably have a go and reskin every single ship the Persean League can use, meaning anything low tech that's not specifically described as rare or experimental, so no Hyperion, Scarab and Aurora just to name three!

Question 2:
Would you be interested in making reskins of prominent midline, mobility/carrier focused ships in some parts of the Modiverse?
There are quite a few candidates which I could list for you with screenshots if you'd like!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 05:09:45 PM by Arcagnello »

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2021, 02:23:45 AM »

Alright, took some ships from my modded game and put them in a (not exhaustive) ship list in the spoiler down below.

I hope it's obvious I'm just here picking and choosing from mods I play in a rather biased manner. And for the love of Ludd don't take the presence of ships or their absence the wrong way, since I did not even list all of the midline ships I could see being part of this mod.

They can generally be referred to as "Milktoast Midline" and "Mobility Focus High tech", which is what the Persean League tends to use. Do any of these get your Spriting Hype up? I'd refer to all these ships as very Persean Leaguy but there are some wierd ones that might not fit:

Spoiler
Atlas MkV and Bielik from Fluff's Ship Pack https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17566.0
Spoiler
[close]

Herald, Bonnethead, Owl, Scalper and Pest  from Torchships and Deadly Armaments https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17856.0
Spoiler
[close]

Brave, Knuckleduster, Caracara, Cassina Aghast, Polis, Gull from BigBeans Ship Compilation https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21358.msg322915#msg322915
Spoiler
[close]

Scute, Iris, Moray, Persephone, Aphelion, Flamingo, Peregrine, Tigershark, Equality, Spire from High Tech Expansion https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19548.0
Spoiler
[close]

Aeith, Vexilla, Auditor, Nemo, Pilaster, Rednus, Inimeg, Daehremmah, Ekirhs, Portico, Bathory, Gemogee, Pteroma, Onquest from RotcesRats https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19787.0
Spoiler

[close]

Staple, Pelican, from Missing Ships Mod https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16160.0
There's also Nagato and Pelagornis from the same mod, but I don't want you dying from overwork  ;D
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

I'm sorry it was so long. I got taken away. I'm almost certain I did not need to do this  ::)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 02:46:01 AM by Arcagnello »

ElPresidente

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2021, 03:35:43 AM »

Navarchy?

What's a navarchy?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2021, 03:40:49 AM »

Navarchy?

What's a navarchy?

My Guess was a fusion between Naval and Anarchy. I've actually looked it up on the intrawebs and it's a legit word, I knew it in Italian but not in english :)

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2021, 04:38:36 AM »

I'm not really sure about that, sure Persean League is not really solid federation and keep fighting among themselves when they're not fighting the Hegemony but they're far from anarchy.

Maybe he wants a word similar to Cavalry, maybe?
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

PeachPatrol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2021, 04:09:53 PM »

Question 1:
Do you have plans for adding more reskins of vanilla ships? Are you going to stick to Midline, with the only outlier being the Odissey or are you also considering more high tech ships the League has in it's roster?
Namely: Monitor, Eagle, Falcon, Kite, Wolf, Shrike, Fury, Harbinger, Tempest (?), Omen (?) Etc. I would even go as far as saying you could probably have a go and reskin every single ship the Persean League can use, meaning anything low tech that's not specifically described as rare or experimental, so no Hyperion, Scarab and Aurora just to name three!

Question 2:
Would you be interested in making reskins of prominent midline, mobility/carrier focused ships in some parts of the Modiverse?
There are quite a few candidates which I could list for you with screenshots if you'd like!

1:
In vanilla high tech variants are pretty rare. The Odyssey is more of an exception.

I decided against adding eagle/falcon as a design choice to differentiate the League from the Lion's Guard and Hegemony, since the League in vanilla prefers the cruisers I made skins for.

I considered making a hegemony auxiliary equivalent for combat freighters that the League often uses, but I like them better appearing more independent.

I feel there is already a good variety of skins in the pack as it is, anyway. If I revisit the mod it would be to improve the existing skins rather than increase complexity.

2:
Is there precedent for adding skins for ships from other mods? Sounds like it would add a compatibility requirement. Would probably have to be a separate mod.

A Navarchy Pelagornis does sound pretty cool. Big fan of dreadnoughts and I wish the vanilla factions all had unique ones to deploy, although the work would be pretty involved.

Navarchy?

What's a navarchy?

Probably something between "Fleet command" and "Naval dictatorship". It's from vanilla flavor.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2021, 04:34:50 AM »

1:
In vanilla high tech variants are pretty rare. The Odyssey is more of an exception.

I decided against adding eagle/falcon as a design choice to differentiate the League from the Lion's Guard and Hegemony, since the League in vanilla prefers the cruisers I made skins for.

I considered making a hegemony auxiliary equivalent for combat freighters that the League often uses, but I like them better appearing more independent.

I feel there is already a good variety of skins in the pack as it is, anyway. If I revisit the mod it would be to improve the existing skins rather than increase complexity.

Fair enough, that does make an awful low of sense :)

2:
Is there precedent for adding skins for ships from other mods? Sounds like it would add a compatibility requirement. Would probably have to be a separate mod.

A Navarchy Pelagornis does sound pretty cool. Big fan of dreadnoughts and I wish the vanilla factions all had unique ones to deploy, although the work would be pretty involved.

I've seen ships like the Vendetta being present on multiple mods and I'm sure there is more, altough I'm pretty sure that mods having skins of ships from other mods amounts to just the two modders in question making a collab to have their ships rapresented in other mods.

That said, Vayra's sector does for example add special bounties based on what mods are installed alongside it, so there could be a way to have Kazeron Navarchy variants of mod ships appear when both the former mod having the standard variant of those ships and this mod be installed at the same time.

Personally speaking, the ships I'd like to don the blue and yellow are the following (they're all in my post with the spoiler tag above):
-The Herald is basically a cross between a conquest and one and a half herons, with Auxiliary Thrusters
-The Staple, which is a chunkier Conquest
-The Onquest, which is the right side of an onslaught fused into a Conquest hull
-The pelican, which is a carrier built upon a Conquest base.

I like the Conquest alright? :P

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2021, 04:49:55 AM »

A quick bump to the thread to both say that anyone playing midline campaigns should have this and to congratulate PeachPatrol on getting the mod officially released and having it moved to the main mod subsection! You earned it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3