Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kazeron Navarchy v1.2  (Read 104105 times)

PeachPatrol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.95a] Kazeron Navarchy v1.2
« on: May 08, 2021, 04:01:59 AM »

Kazeron Navarchy
Download

Adds several skins to the Persean League, each with the Kazeron Navarchy hullmod built in. They appear occasionally in Persean League markets and fleets.

I've always thought that the Persean League didn't have enough to make it interesting, so I made some colorful skins for them.

Shouldn't have any requirements.

The skins
Spoiler
[close]

The hullmod
Spoiler
[close]

Changelog
Spoiler
v1.2
-Name changed from Kazeron Admiralty to Kazeron Navarchy
-Hullmod no longer reduces armor, instead improves shield efficiency.
-Flavor rewritten
-Hammerhead (PL) and Sunder (PL) art given another pass
-Conquest (PL) no longer has built-in auxiliary thrusters

v1.1
-Adjusted the implementation of ships spawning. Fleets will now be more diverse, with Kazeron ships only sometimes mixed in.

v1.0
-Centurion, hammerhead, sunder, champion, gryphon, conquest, and vigilance
-Hullmod now reduces armor by 5%
-Odyssey (PL) and vigilance (PL) have hybrid slots
-Conquest (PL) has built-in auxilliary thrusters in addition to the Kazeron hullmod
-Kazeron blueprint package
-Adjusted variants

v0
-Odyssey, heron, drover, and brawler
-Kazeron hullmod adds 10% speed and maneuverability
[close]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 12:58:28 PM by PeachPatrol »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Kazeron Admiralty
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 07:14:35 AM »

I like it. Looks crisp. Any plans on adding more skins?

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 04:06:57 PM »

Will you add
Spoiler
viable Conquest
[close]
in the future  :) ?

Also nice skin! Persean will have armada worthy protecting it.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

PeachPatrol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 04:57:24 PM »

I like it. Looks crisp. Any plans on adding more skins?

Thanks! I'm hoping to fill out the roster with at least a few more

Will you add
Spoiler
viable Conquest
[close]
in the future  :) ?

I'm making a conquest right now, out of curiosity what could make it more viable?

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 06:39:52 PM »

Spoiler
I don't know precisely, maybe it's just me suck at the game, but it universally agreed that Conquest is the least effective ship in battle. One great Conquest I ever use is literally a Conquest getting converted into Low Tech fill with the brim of artillery from Tiandong.

Just make a highly modified  Conquest that focus on frontal engagement, since broadside AI is not really that good. It's more work than paint-job tho, or just make it have more OP maybe? I'm not really sure  ;D
[close]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 07:08:54 AM by Chairman Suryasari »
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 05:58:14 AM »

My personal changes to Conquest are pretty minimal: 10 more OP and 0.1 better shield efficiency (just edit game files).

If I were you, I'd just do skins and not touch ship balance (or new ships) at all though.

PeachPatrol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Kazeron Admiralty v1.0
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 09:27:59 AM »

Updated with new skins.

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 11:27:59 AM »

I don't know precisely, maybe it's just me suck at the game, but it universally agreed that Conquest is the least effective ship in battle.
Narrator voice: It was not, in fact, universally agreed.

PeachPatrol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Kazeron Admiralty v1.1
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 08:10:04 PM »

v1.1
-Adjusted the implementation of ships spawning. Fleets will now be more diverse, with Kazeron ships only sometimes mixed in.

Noticed pretty quickly while playtesting that it's strange when all of every fleet was Kazeron ships. Decided to go with something more like XIV battlegroup and have them be less common.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 03:48:36 AM »

It's been a long time since I have seen a faction dedicated to the Persean League itself. It does need some love. I'm glad the 0.95a update is giving them their proper recognition. Here's my feedback on what I've seen so far.

c+153.08.12 – Coral Nebula (mission)

Persean League sends fleet to intervene in Luddic revolution in Zagan system. Successfully defeats Knights of Ludd / Pather fleet.

Involved:

Navarch Mars Kato of Kazeron, of the Persean League
Because of this post and noticeable mentions in rules.csv, the Admiralty at least from the Kazeron navy doesn't exist (at least from the Kazeron's perspective). Navarch and Kazeron's Navarchy does.

tech/manufacturer in your hullmod.csv should be named to something you specified in the tech type or Persean League itself (vanilla setting.json contains these colors now!) whichever is up to you in order to match what every skin hullmod have in their design type.

This ship is a derivative of long-standing Persean League research and development. Its engines are a cut above what is normally found in the sector, which allows a %s increase in speed, acceleration, and turning at a small loss of %s armor.
which I feel can better be rewritten as:
This ship is a prime specimen of the Kazeron Navarchy. Exceptionally well-tuned and cut above engines increases maneuverability and top speed by %s. Long-standing League research and development has upgraded {yaddayadda} resulting in a {yaddayaddapercentage} improvement.
This goes off with me saying that Kazeron ships especially should not be losing armor at all given when you look at the rest of the factions and their "sub-faction" type ships (using mods as a reference as well)
  • Hegemony -> XIV Battlegroup: Usually +5 Ordnance Point to use, +100 Flat Armor, +4% (+5% in code) Flux Stats in exchange for -7% Manuverability.
  • Low-Tech -> Luddic Path: Built-in Safety Override (A free 15, 30 or 45 Ordnance Point to spare onto the ship now.)
  • Tri-Tachyon -> Cabal (Modded Underworld): Increased Armor, Hull, Flux Stats, Engine Performance, and Shield Performance with certain mounts conversion.
  • Sindrian Diktat -> Lion's Guard (Modded SWP): Built-in Solar Shielding (Sparing a 3,6,9,15 Ordnance Point as well as a logistic hullmod slot).
At least seen in precedent that skin hullmods are usually very beneficial with few drawbacks. Just a -5% flat armor can be detrimental especially on midline ships! My suggestion would be just to remove the armor penalty outright and add a minor buff that could help these ships... you can add a mini-hardened shield to this hullmod like 5% and it would be enough to differentiate it from a regular midline variant. My suggested change would probably help with some of the Conquest's weakness.. just very marginally, but not significant enough to make it busted OP.

Otherwise, good luck with the mod's development for the near future!

PeachPatrol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 12:58:11 PM »

Thanks for the thoughtful comment, I really like your ideas.

Because of this post and noticeable mentions in rules.csv, the Admiralty at least from the Kazeron navy doesn't exist (at least from the Kazeron's perspective). Navarch and Kazeron's Navarchy does.

That name does sound a lot better, too.

tech/manufacturer in your hullmod.csv should be named to something you specified in the tech type or Persean League itself (vanilla setting.json contains these colors now!) whichever is up to you in order to match what every skin hullmod have in their design type.

Good catch

I feel can better be rewritten as:
This ship is a prime specimen of the Kazeron Navarchy. Exceptionally well-tuned and cut above engines increases maneuverability and top speed by %s. Long-standing League research and development has upgraded {yaddayadda} resulting in a {yaddayaddapercentage} improvement.

I didn't really like my wording either. Gave it another pass looking at what you suggested and what was written for the Fourteenth Battlegroup hullmod.

This goes off with me saying that Kazeron ships especially should not be losing armor at all given when you look at the rest of the factions and their "sub-faction" type ships (using mods as a reference as well)

At least seen in precedent that skin hullmods are usually very beneficial with few drawbacks. Just a -5% flat armor can be detrimental especially on midline ships! My suggestion would be just to remove the armor penalty outright and add a minor buff that could help these ships... you can add a mini-hardened shield to this hullmod like 5% and it would be enough to differentiate it from a regular midline variant. My suggested change would probably help with some of the Conquest's weakness.. just very marginally, but not significant enough to make it busted OP.

I was worried about it being too busted, but I think you're right, especially now that the ships are somewhat more rare. I'll change it and see how it feels.

Version 1.2 released
-Name changed from Kazeron Admiralty to Kazeron Navarchy
-Hullmod no longer reduces armor, instead improves shield efficiency.
-Flavor rewritten
-Hammerhead (PL) and Sunder (PL) art given another pass
-Conquest (PL) no longer has built-in auxiliary thrusters

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Kazeron Navarchy v1.2
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 01:18:23 PM »

Looks better and better. One thing I did notice when comparing your skins with Lion Guards/XIV Battlegroup (SWP) and Cabals (Underworld) is that their skins have one baseline color (and then add faction specific color). Your ships on the other hand vary from grey to midline-yellow (before you add blue and yellow). Have you considered desaturating (or some other way of normalizing them) before adding in Persean League colors?

PeachPatrol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 02:08:45 PM »

There isn't a plan for an art overhaul right now, but I know what you're talking about. I have been looking at Tartiflette's excellent guide to ship painting, which basically outlines how to reproduce SWP's consistency. Interesting stuff but I'd have to take some time to better learn the tools.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2021, 05:14:19 AM »

Wait, does that Odissey have two large ballistic turrets instead of energy? I can clearly see 2x Mjolnir in the OP's introductory screenshot!
...I'm getting that  ;D
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Profit Prophet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2021, 10:50:31 AM »

I really like this mod, the skins are very colourful and make the Persean League stand out more! Hullmod is also a nice touch.

Side note: out of curiosity would you consider doing something similar but with Sindrian Diktat ships? I find their fleets to look rather bland as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3