Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [0.96a] Truly Automated Ships v1.2.5  (Read 45383 times)

TobiaF

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Truly Automated Ships v1.1.1
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2021, 05:47:33 PM »

Can't recreate with a clean run, and can't send a save due to both not having one anymore, and a series of private mods.

I can confirm that it's not a result of conflicts with adjustable skill thresholds, which I thought it might of been (since I'd doubled the threshold, and the decrease was double what I'd expected).

EDIT: Have been able to recreate it, although not track down a culprit.
Code: Mod list
  "adjustable_skill_thresholds",
  "lw_console",
  "IndEvo",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "MagicLib",
  "trulyautomatedships"

No AI core assigned: 80 points
AI core assigned to ship 1: 50 points
AI core assigned to ship 2 (instead of ship 1): 20 points

Edit 2: Able to recreate with just the libraries, Console Commands, and this mod, so probably not a conflict.

Thanks for the info, I tried it and I got the same result. I'll try to fix it this weekend.

TobiaF

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Truly Automated Ships v1.1.1
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2021, 06:34:00 PM »

I am sad to report a bug (because it'd be a huge nerf for us when fixed, if an actual bug):
The reduction multiplier from AI Core Officers is applying to all automated ships, not just the one it's commanding.

The only other mod I have that could be affecting things is Adjustable Skills Threshold.

What I did:
Added two Radiants to my fleet (DP of 80).
Installed an alpha core on one of them (DP now reads as 20, rather than 50).

Issue solved in v1.1.2. You can download it already :D

Klokinator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Truly Automated Ships v1.1.2
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2021, 03:08:47 PM »

Oh, wow. I just found this mod. What an awesome implementation. I really dislike the way the current implementation holds you back for seemingly benign reasons, while this one 'feels' better and also lets you actually create automated monster-fleets.

Great work. Will be playing this soon!

TobiaF

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2021, 04:15:00 PM »

Oh, wow. I just found this mod. What an awesome implementation. I really dislike the way the current implementation holds you back for seemingly benign reasons, while this one 'feels' better and also lets you actually create automated monster-fleets.

Great work. Will be playing this soon!

Hope you have fun with it! I don't plan on implementing any new features unless something really good comes to mind, but I will fix up some compatibility concerns in the future.

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2021, 05:54:09 AM »

What do I have to edit in the JSON to make the ships maintenance-free?

Capt. Butters

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2021, 03:30:35 PM »

Is it possible to make a compatibility patch with archean order?

TobiaF

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2021, 10:06:44 PM »

Is it possible to make a compatibility patch with archean order?

It's on my list of things to do as soon as life lets me have some time for myself

TobiaF

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2022, 06:10:47 PM »

Sadly, this doesn't seem to work in 0.95.1 (no crashes, but no effect either).

Yeah, I've been meaning to update it for the new patch, but university hasn't given me any time to do that. It's on my to-do list though.

Stroichik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2022, 02:27:16 PM »

Mod looks interesting, but i found it after i decided to figure out how to increase AI ships points. i cant even have 1 single ship with alpha core without having damn debuff.

But i suppose points are coded into jar files somewhere? settings.json didn't have anything that looked like it.

Stroichik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2022, 07:15:28 AM »

Somehow, i think mod works for me. At least when i install AI core into AI ship i get reduced automated points. Except part, when it increases maintenance costs. How to lower that?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 07:25:17 AM by Stroichik »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2022, 08:56:33 AM »

Somehow, i think mod works for me. At least when i install AI core into AI ship i get reduced automated points. Except part, when it increases maintenance costs. How to lower that?
Tell me what magic you do to get it working!

TobiaF

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2022, 08:59:22 AM »

I'll release the new version for the mod (updated to the current patch) next week. I would've worked on it sooner, but I'm about to graduate and most of my attention is going to my thesis.

Tell me what magic you do to get it working!

Stroichik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2022, 12:24:38 PM »

I`m not in a hurry, and u better put ur efforts into studying, its more important than some mod.

But it was funny trying to figure out how to edit something. Although i was unsuccessful and couldn't make anything work, since i got zero experience with IDEs, compiling and Java.

If u do gonna make an update, though. Can u make sort of editable settings file for AI core maintenance multipliers?
I do think that having AI to run an AI ship should reduce automated points used by fleet and help increase combat readiness, But getting 5x maintenance costs as an offset is kinda way too much. i simply can't carry so much supplies with me, when i go exploring.
External config to easily change those multipliers' values would really be a cool thing to tune mod to personal preferences.

TobiaF

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2022, 12:38:04 PM »

Yes, it's actually something that a friend of mine helped me implement for the new version. And I'm really interested in knowing your opinion on default values, because I'm still trying to tweak those.

I`m not in a hurry, and u better put ur efforts into studying, its more important than some mod.

But it was funny trying to figure out how to edit something. Although i was unsuccessful and couldn't make anything work, since i got zero experience with IDEs, compiling and Java.

If u do gonna make an update, though. Can u make sort of editable settings file for AI core maintenance multipliers?
I do think that having AI to run an AI ship should reduce automated points used by fleet and help increase combat readiness, But getting 5x maintenance costs as an offset is kinda way too much. i simply can't carry so much supplies with me, when i go exploring.
External config to easily change those multipliers' values would really be a cool thing to tune mod to personal preferences.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6