Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.97a] ThirstSector - A Complete Portrait Replacer  (Read 16851 times)

the volkflower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] ThirstSector - A Complete Portrait Replacer
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2023, 05:28:20 AM »

I enjoy having these portraits in my game and I appreciate that it covered pretty much all the vanilla factions. It's nothing too excessive and feels just about right.
why you'd want to replace the top notch vanilla portraits with this soulless AI puke is beyond me.
It's so bad, it even whitewashes people's ethnicity by making them look more white. It also turns every woman's portrait that had so much personality into nothing more than an odd doll that you see in those weird internet ads.
Honestly, the success of this mod is kinda beyond me. Why not just commission artists to draw or paint new portraits???

You have a hard time being normal innit

GreyEisenwolf

• Ensign
  • I need help
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2023, 05:43:40 AM »

I enjoy having these portraits in my game and I appreciate that it covered pretty much all the vanilla factions. It's nothing too excessive and feels just about right.
why you'd want to replace the top notch vanilla portraits with this soulless AI puke is beyond me.
It's so bad, it even whitewashes people's ethnicity by making them look more white. It also turns every woman's portrait that had so much personality into nothing more than an odd doll that you see in those weird internet ads.
Honestly, the success of this mod is kinda beyond me. Why not just commission artists to draw or paint new portraits???
You must be fun to talk to at parties
Battle Carrier Enthusiast | Frigate spammer | Monitor, the immovable pebble | Ludd's 1# Drug Smuggler | Andrada's Worse Gas Station employee he's ever had | Doritos Cool Ranch flavor is better than Nacho cheese, you can't change my mind.

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2023, 06:58:01 AM »

Agreed, this ai "art" stuff is getting out of hand, sad to see it come to starsector like this

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2023, 07:34:54 AM »

it's free plus what the hell were you expecting from a portrait replacer mod ?
you can't really expect everyone to spend money on niche of a niche

Hotpics

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2023, 10:30:18 AM »

I think its time for you to go outside and touch some grass.
No one is forcing you to use this mod.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2023, 11:59:20 AM »

Please stay respectful. That goes especially in a mod topic. Your comments are far beyond what could be called constructive criticism. Consider this a warning.

@ therealzOh
If you'd like me to clear the thread up, just say so.

@ the volkflower, GreyMechanic, Hotpics

Personal insults are not the appropriate response here. Please use the report function next time.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

therealzOh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2023, 12:12:30 PM »

Please stay respectful. That goes especially in a mod topic. Your comments are far beyond what could be called constructive criticism. Consider this a warning.

@ therealzOh
If you'd like me to clear the thread up, just say so.

@ the volkflower, GreyMechanic, Hotpics

Personal insults are not the appropriate response here. Please use the report function next time.

No need to clean it up, I'm not bothered at all. Thank you for the offer.

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2023, 12:19:12 PM »

Some people really like these pictures, some don't; as with every piece of art.
What ist there more to say about that?

Bluedeferum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2023, 08:08:37 PM »

Some people really like these pictures, some don't; as with every piece of art.
What ist there more to say about that?

some AI hater really just have nothing to do besides hating on a free mod that they can completely skip.

FOX_CN

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2023, 08:16:58 PM »

Excellent AI Art
May I move it to Starsector's Chinese forum
I want more people to know it!

therealzOh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2023, 08:57:55 AM »

Excellent AI Art
May I move it to Starsector's Chinese forum
I want more people to know it!

Yes, sure. Make sure you keep linking back to the Nexus page for updated downloads though.

Crimsteel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2024, 01:09:01 AM »

Any word on if this can work in 0.97a as it is?

therealzOh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2024, 01:19:39 PM »

It's a portrait mod it should be fine.

therealzOh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2024, 05:05:44 PM »

updated now. there were a handful of portraits added in 0.97
Pages: 1 2 [3]