Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Toggle Strafe and Turn to Cursor Mod  (Read 831 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Toggle Strafe and Turn to Cursor Mod
« on: May 06, 2021, 09:46:42 AM »

Would anyone here be interested in making such a mod?

0.95a added two new methods to the API that make it easy to make a mod that toggles the "Strafe and Turn To Cursor" setting mid-combat:
Code: java
Global.getSettings().setAutoTurnMode
Global.getSettings().isAutoTurnMode
I've already added this feature to my flux reticle mod, but I've had two requests so far to be able to disable all functionality other than auto-turn toggling. I think a better solution would be to create new mod just for this (mostly for "marketing" reasons, as "flux reticle" doesn't exactly make it clear that this feature is part of the mod. I'd make it myself, but I prefer not to maintain mods I don't use, and I thought this might be a good coding exercise for another mod author. The flux reticle source is freely available as an example: https://github.com/NateNBJ/FluxReticle/tree/master/src/flux_reticle

Any takers?

MeinGott

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Toggle Strafe and Turn to Cursor Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 05:56:01 AM »

Just wanted to say I have dreamt of toggling strafe since my 1st day with the game. And as you said, didnt even know your FluxReticle has it covered!

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: Toggle Strafe and Turn to Cursor Mod
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 05:58:10 AM »

There's me for one.

I've been collecting your mods like Infinity Stones and actually having a separate mod like this actually letting me know I can, in fact, change driving mode with a hotkey would be much appreciated.

I for example did not even realize you added a hotkey despite using the flux reticle mod myself in most of the campaigns I play. Might just be beacuse I'm a Ludd-for-Brains Pastaman tough.
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.