Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Issue with the retired drone_pd ship system  (Read 1177 times)

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
Issue with the retired drone_pd ship system
« on: May 05, 2021, 05:46:24 PM »

So a issue a few people had when attempting to use this ship system for their modded ships is that the game would crash because it couldn't find the system id for it despite the id being correct in the csv.

So I looked into the system file and I think I figured out the cause of the crashing

The system id and the drone variant id are the exact same. I believe this is what causing the game to crash.

To be sure, I tested my theory out by taking the variant of the drone pd, changing it to "drone_pd_Hightech", and taking the system file and having it point to the new variant file.

Then I placed it onto one of my ships and it worked. The game didn't crash. Looking at the other drone ship systems, The station ones and "drone_pd_x2" are the only ones where the system and variant id aren't the same. While Borer/Terminator/ and Sensor has the system and the variant id the exact same, so it's possible they also have this issue.

Zelrod92

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with the retired drone_pd ship system
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 01:57:33 AM »

hello, I have the same issue but I don't which mod cause that and where to apply the change you shown.

Zdubfreelancer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with the retired drone_pd ship system
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 09:44:08 PM »

Having same issue whenever i look into ships catalogue. Not sure which ship is causing it. I did what you did in the file, but have no clue which mod you are speaking of.