Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Ship loadout collection  (Read 30113 times)

Zakaluka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Ship loadout collection
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2021, 07:37:24 PM »

I love how each ship takes practice in the simulator to fly well. Having a blast with this game, alex! I'm just surprised I didn't find it until now.

A question I have, regarding the medusa fit out. I also realized immediately the benefit to having ion pulsers. But the first fit I tried out had 4x IR pulse on group 1, for flux efficiency. I see the loadout here, with 2 small ballistics and 2 blasters and that also immediately makes sense.

But here's where I'm not sure. How do you manage the groups? Do you have 3 groups and manually switch them, using the A/Cs to pressure at range, then pushing in hard with ions before booming them with the cannons? Or, do you leave the pulsers on autofire, and switch between the other 2?

The appeal to having 4 IR on left mouse / pulsers on auto-fire was that I could manage it AND my shields without making mistakes. In this ship, if the fight is evenly matched one minor mistake is pretty immediate death.

Adex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2021, 11:24:28 PM »

I got physically ill from seeing this loadouts.

Forgive me. It's first thought that comes to my mind and by being in a mood i let it be. The loadouts just differs in so many ways with that I used to see. And known from experience it's hurts because i used similar loadouts then i first started with this game. Now i see this loadouts as generic. I'd like to see some that will expand my understanding of the very class of a ship, loadouts just looking on which borns immediate necessity of trying them myself. Like SO mora with perdition or pack of glimmers or scarabs with antimatter. I've cut dreams of Apogee and Odyssey being a combat ships a long ago.

I don't care what you'd like to see. I don't want to "expand your understanding", since based on what you are saying, you are obviously more experienced in the game. These are supposed to be useful, decent loadouts for general use, and for beginners like me who still need help building loadouts. I guess that would make them "generic".

Please either add something to the discussion instead of being rude, or just let me continue without telling me what I spent hours on makes you "physically ill".
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 11:47:18 PM by Adex »

Burvjradzite

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2021, 04:50:25 AM »

Two scarab loadouts i use
Spoiler

[close]
Tempest without officer
Spoiler
[close]