Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: What Was That Mod?: Help Finding Old Or Abandoned Mods By Description  (Read 18407 times)

Il Palazzo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: What Was That Mod?: Help Finding Old Or Abandoned Mods By Description
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2022, 03:53:39 PM »

Hi.

Some time ago, maybe a version or two back, I ran a mod that added special hullmods to some derelicts. These included, IIRC, being haunted or having a tribe of cannibals living in the vents. You needed some marines on board to claim such ships, and later to mitigate the negative effects (which involved some random events, like losing some crew to cannibals every now and then).
The ships were usually pretty high end. Distress signals-related, maybe?

I've been browsing the mod list and I can't figure out which one it was. Maybe it was discontinued?

That mechanic might have been just a part of a larger mod. I think there were a few new ships involved, notably scavenger-type, with nice yellow-and-black roadworks-style paint jobs. The largest of those had the Paladin PD in its largest turret.
Although this might have been another mod altogether - in which case I can't find this one either.

Anyone?

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2022, 01:38:53 AM »

...hullmods to some derelicts... living in the vents. You needed some marines on board to claim such ships, and later to mitigate the negative effects...
...Distress signals-related...
Probably Vayra's Sector, but maybe it is part of the ship pack, at least Vayra's Sector should have a newer bootleg version, see also the related thread and unofficial SS discord.
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058.0
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059.0
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11488.0

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16536.0
Well, yeah...

Il Palazzo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2022, 03:49:25 AM »

Looks like that might be it. The yellow ship in the ship pack certainly rings some bells.
Cheers!

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2022, 12:03:01 AM »

So, over a year ago I played Starsector and found this ship(can't remember how - a derelict or bought it somewhere). Battleship-class with built-in main cannons. Those are the main thing of this ship as they have a variable firing mode - ballistic, energy and fragmentation/AA. It kind of gave me Space Battleship Yamato vibe.

I don't remember which mod has this ship, probably a hidden feature since I couldn't find it anywhere around here. I really don't want to start my new playthrough without it... I fell in love :))

Can anyone out there help me with identifying the mod in question? Thanks in advance.

That is almost certainly Metafalica from Tahlan. Problem is that it ks high value bounty and vayra sector while have bootleg update for me is breaking my rig. You can spawn it by console command, i assume that Nia will update high value bounties to use new system one day.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2022, 01:58:58 PM »

A bit late, but HVBs actually propagate in MagicLib's bounty system now - you'll just need to seek it out via the bar's "unofficial bounty" entries. You do need to know who offers the bounty, though, and in the Metafalica's case that's the independents.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2022, 01:35:43 PM »

edit: ***

Re-Search-er

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2022, 03:48:18 AM »

I'm looking for a mod that had a capital ship with a Giant fricking Lazer Beam integrated into the ship. It showed up in SSeth's video and I can't find it! I want a giant fricking lazer beam!https://youtu.be/acqpulP1hLo?t=1077 This one!

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2022, 09:24:14 AM »

That was the old version of Neutrino Corporation, which is currently deprecated. https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2345.0

There are a few attempts currently running at bringing it up to spec. Check the last few pages of that thread for details.

Supereor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2022, 08:54:47 PM »

Hello!  I was watching someone play Starsector on Twitch, and he mentioned a certain custom Nexerelin start/set of ships that are in some mod, but I have absolutely no clue what he could have been talking about and I would like to know.

He described them as "multi-stage pirate ships" and said "when you stick a Mudskipper onto another ship, it just doesn't work out".  Does anyone know what he could have been talking about?

EDIT:  Found it!  Maybe somewhat of a spoiler, but I'm fairly certain he was talking about
Spoiler
the special pirate ships in the Low-Tech Armada mod.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 03:45:33 PM by Supereor »

radekplug

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2023, 05:14:15 AM »

So, over a year ago I played Starsector and found this ship(can't remember how - a derelict or bought it somewhere). Battleship-class with built-in main cannons. Those are the main thing of this ship as they have a variable firing mode - ballistic, energy and fragmentation/AA. It kind of gave me Space Battleship Yamato vibe.

I don't remember which mod has this ship, probably a hidden feature since I couldn't find it anywhere around here. I really don't want to start my new playthrough without it... I fell in love :))

Can anyone out there help me with identifying the mod in question? Thanks in advance.
yamato was added by insterstlear empire as start  metalafica this one wariable ammo was added by thalan ship works play as her choose great house kasadar superhip start for yamato choose custom scenario.

Kenalbus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2023, 12:19:34 PM »

Anyone know what mod the He-x cannon is from? Haven't been able to find it.

Edix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2023, 04:54:10 PM »

I seem to remember a mod that gave you endgame objectives by exploring outside the persean sector... quite HOW the mod managed that i'm not sure. I don't believe it was procgen, rather kind of an instanced event. doesn't seem to be on the index anymore.

Hatter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2023, 07:08:51 PM »

I seem to remember a mod that gave you endgame objectives by exploring outside the persean sector... quite HOW the mod managed that i'm not sure. I don't believe it was procgen, rather kind of an instanced event. doesn't seem to be on the index anymore.
Beyond the Sector?
Anyone know what mod the He-x cannon is from? Haven't been able to find it.
Could you be thinking of the HE-XX Heavy Assault Cannon from Lowtech Armada?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 07:16:17 PM by Hatter »

Edix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2023, 09:41:13 PM »

Beyond the Sector?

YES! tysm!

edit: I see why it was removed. it's a save killer! I see someone suggested exiled space which apparently doesn't.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 09:52:35 PM by Edix »

DrKaczka

• Ensign
    • View Profile

What was that mod that adds the missile/artillery/railgun orbital batteries that shoot you while your just navigating in space?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5