Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Good world seeds for 0.95a  (Read 8756 times)

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
Good world seeds for 0.95a
« on: May 03, 2021, 06:56:59 AM »

Good day. I apologize in advance for using the google translator.

Who can share the world seed for version 0.95a with a system that is located near the center of the map, has a star gate, stable points and at least four planets? Presence in the vicinity of a coronal hypershunt is desirable, but using a mod Modified Industry Requirements is not required.

It would be just a gift of fate if there was a pre-collapse military base from the mod Unknown Skies on one of the planets.

I tried many generations myself, but each time it turns out that the system in which you can find both the star gate and the planet suitable for life (at least one) is far from the center of the map and it is simply inconvenient to set up your base there.

Thanks in advance

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Good world seeds for 0.95a
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 07:56:27 AM »

Are you only using Modified Industry Requirements and Unknown Skies as the only mods?  Or are you using other mods as well?

You'll likely need to provide a list of all mods you are using, as many mods modify the generation, and so the same seed with different mods will produce different sectors.  Although, as one adds mods, the likely hood of someone else having the same set of mods drops which makes sharing a useful seed less likely.

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 10:13:54 AM »

Yeah, in my experience even Nexerelin, which isn't actually a sector modifying mod, changes the seeds. The seed will need to be generated with almost the exact same modlist to be functional. My tip would be to jump into devmode and search for what you want.
Both coronal taps and cryosleepers are marked in the map so you can use that to find a good system.
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 10:20:30 AM »

Are you only using Modified Industry Requirements and Unknown Skies as the only mods?  Or are you using other mods as well?

I am currently using the following mods (sorry for not adding links):
Arsenal Expansion
Beyond The Sector
Capture Crew
Combat Chatter
Grand colonies
GraphicsLib
High Tech Expansion
Industrial evolution
LazyLib
MagicLib
Mayasuran Navy
Modified Industry Requirements
Supply Forging
Thahlan-shipworks
Terraforming and Station Construction
Underworld
UnknownSkies
Upgraded Rotary Weapons
Vayra's Ship Pack
but since I don’t know how the world is generated. I assumed that the greatest influence (the conditions of the planets, the planets themselves, etc.) is exerted by two mods: Industrial Evolution and UnknownSkies.

Yeah, in my experience even Nexerelin, which isn't actually a sector modifying mod, changes the seeds. The seed will need to be generated with almost the exact same modlist to be functional. My tip would be to jump into devmode and search for what you want.
Both coronal taps and cryosleepers are marked in the map so you can use that to find a good system.

I have been playing for years, but I have never needed to enter devmode. Could you tell me how I can enter it?

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 10:47:40 AM »

Also, even the updates may change the world generation seeds. Worlds using seeds from vanilla 0.95a RC12 won't be the same as those from vanilla 0.95a RC15.

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 08:16:01 PM »

I have been playing for years, but I have never needed to enter devmode. Could you tell me how I can enter it?

Sorry for the late reply! Hadn't seen the thread for a while.

To get into devmode you must find your starsector data folder, go to starsector-core folder, then to data, then config, and finally there you will find settings.json, open it with note pad or a similar text program and edit were it says "devmode:false" to "devmode:true"

For short
?/Starsector/starsector-core/Data/config/settings.json
It sounds a little confusing if you haven't done this kind of thing before but it should be actually quite easy. Good luck!

Ah also:
When in game mode the controls are Ctrl+Z to make you see everything in the map no matter how far, and then Ctrl+click on the map to teleport inmediately, you can do that to survey everything you want and see if you like a system.

Systems with Cryosleepers have bright green names in the map (make sure to enable names in the map), while coronal taps are in blue giants and have bright pink names (the other system with a bright pink name has the red planet from the quest).

If you don't see one of the Cryosleepers it might be because pirates or luddic path have a base in their system, so you can find them in a red (P) system or dark green (LP) system.
Hope this helps!
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 12:59:45 AM »

Very unluckily that the generated sector varies even with the same seed if the mod list is not identical, I personally constantly re-start to find a good seed with help of console commands, which is a laborious process.

But still good luck
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*