Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Time dilation on a big phase flagship can get really annoying  (Read 832 times)

Madskills

• Ensign
    • View Profile

It primarily affects Doom without safety overrides and especially the [REDACTED] ship: when you phase out, movement becomes very slow and makes 1v1 engagements unnecessarily slow-paced. It can be very useful for fast ships like afflictor or in tight situations with lots of targets and projectiles, but sometimes it's just really unnecessary. I'd love it to be a toggle, maybe make the fighters toggle hotkey just turn off the slowdown for phase ships?

PS I realize there is a mod that does exactly that, but I see no reason for the vanilla experience to be the way it is right now.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 05:54:50 PM by Madskills »

Madskills

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Time dilation on a big phase flagship can get really annoying
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 10:17:08 PM »

Ugh, I'd really love to drive Z as my flagship, but I had to drop the idea just because of how boring its out-of-phase downtime is. The slowdown makes perfect sense for fast phase ships like the afflictor or gremlin, but with Z being slow already, I can navigate perfectly fine at a normal time flow: I wish it sped me up instead of slowing the world down.