Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.96] Vanidad y Affliction Operation 1.2.2 (Nice look!)  (Read 107092 times)

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Vanidad y Affliction Operation 1.1.6a (Quest! for real!)
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2022, 01:31:48 PM »

Vanidad y Affliction Operation
v1.2
DOWNLOAD

A small update!

Updated to the new game version the Cargador phase cruiser
Put a new Sprite on the Halcon

Balance:
Cargador system has overall higher cooldown and phase disabled period
Estarayo's do more damage and have smaller minimal range
Laere are a tiny bit more efficient

fix:
ludicruous duration on a quest.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 01:35:00 PM by lethargie »

Carabus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Vanidad y Affliction Operation 1.2 (Quest! for real!)
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2022, 11:02:38 PM »

Is it save-compatible with 1.1.6a?

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Vanidad y Affliction Operation 1.2 (Quest! for real!)
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2022, 06:19:55 AM »

I cannot guarantee it 100%, however there was no change that would cause problem I think. Try it (make a save backup), if you get errors related to the new halcon that's the only thing that could cause crash that I know of.

All previous version of VAO are available on my github if you need to roll back.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Vanidad y Affliction Operation 1.2 (Quest! for real!)
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2022, 07:11:36 AM »

Just wanted to pop in and add my voice that this slick and put together very well. I still need to really dig deeper into it, but the faction's aesthetics are great and the ships are fun to fight with and against! I do like the idea of "lowtech, but maybe we can have A Beamâ„¢, as a treat".

itsANHonor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2022, 10:17:44 AM »

Hey apologies, I'm new to Starsector but love the game and adding lots of factions mods.

Can you add this faction mid-game? Is there a general rule I should follow?

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2022, 11:50:05 AM »

Hey apologies, I'm new to Starsector but love the game and adding lots of factions mods.

with the exception of 1 faction (apex design collective), all factions (and most content mods in general) need a new game for all of their content to spawn

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2022, 10:20:06 AM »

As said above, you cannot add it mid-game. Starsector faction generally need a system/planet to spawn and those modification are made when the sector is generated (on new game). sorry.

Screech9791

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2022, 06:33:02 PM »

Estarayos of any size have too much AoE distance and damage, making them insanely good when used as manually targeted point defense - I can wipe out entire fighter waves from fishkills/astrals/other modded supercarriers with ease using just a few of them mounted on a frigate/destroyer with advanced optics, especially when set to alternating. Missile-focused ships are also pwned by these weapons, and anything with narrow shields like the Conquest is *** when fighting against them.

They could be balanced by nerfing their AoE range, and making them have reduced damage against smaller targets. The minimum explosion range limitation is irrelevant when they can wipe out anything with less tank than a frigate effortlessly.

greycommotion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2022, 03:51:34 PM »

Beautiful looking high-tech ships! ;D Great look to them - very cyberpunk.

Thanks for the mod! Looking forward to trying them out, especially the frigates, higher-tech Dominator (in blue!) and the capital (assuming I can find the blueprints in the depths of space...hmm, it's somewhere...)!

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2022, 06:22:23 AM »

Estarayos of any size have too much AoE distance and damage, making them insanely good when used as manually targeted point defense - I can wipe out entire fighter waves from fishkills/astrals/other modded supercarriers with ease using just a few of them mounted on a frigate/destroyer with advanced optics, especially when set to alternating. Missile-focused ships are also pwned by these weapons, and anything with narrow shields like the Conquest is *** when fighting against them.

They could be balanced by nerfing their AoE range, and making them have reduced damage against smaller targets. The minimum explosion range limitation is irrelevant when they can wipe out anything with less tank than a frigate effortlessly.

An interesting feedback. I have been playing with them a bit and I get what you mean, thought you are the first person to mention anything. There seem to be a slight bug where the explosion will affect things that enter the AOE after the explosion, making them far better against missiles than they should be. In the same vein, I thought it caused friendly fire damage, but it doesn't seem to. Friendly fire was an important balance consideration, as they are supposed to wipe your own fighter/missiles if you use them too much. I'll look into rectifying that.

Other than that they seemed fine. Inherent inaccuracies makes it hard to use at the range where the explosion happen and the HIL from vanilla will melt ships faster, minimal range mean safety override is out and that you need to be careful about loadout as by themselves estarayo's have a very hard time breaking shields. Finally the computer cannot use your abilities to aim manually and I think it's fun to be rewarded for not setting all weapons on "autofire"

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2022, 02:22:41 AM »

The Lost Object Exploration quest dialog has some places where text tokens aren't being substituted due to case sensitivity in the "or"
e.g. $hisorHer when it should be $hisOrHer

(Also I was mildly annoyed to find out after the fact that I'd have to travel across 2/3rds of the Sector within 120 days. If the time limit needs to be there, perhaps it should be mentioned before the player chooses to accept?)

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2022, 12:47:09 PM »

The Lost Object Exploration quest dialog has some places where text tokens aren't being substituted due to case sensitivity in the "or"
e.g. $hisorHer when it should be $hisOrHer

(Also I was mildly annoyed to find out after the fact that I'd have to travel across 2/3rds of the Sector within 120 days. If the time limit needs to be there, perhaps it should be mentioned before the player chooses to accept?)

Thanks for feedback. Ill look into fixing that

Damonvi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2022, 05:36:59 PM »

any plans on animating the "mobile suit" fighters to swing their chainswords, instead of it being static?

for inspiration, there's another mod called Arma Armatura, which has a fighter slash with a beam sword. maybe the author of that mod could share the animation of the swing with you, since you already have the model.

im a huge fan of any mod that includes mobile suits as fighter wings (so long as the sprites match the art style of vanilla Starsector), so i just HAD to install yours too.

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2022, 09:16:06 AM »

I do have plan, whenever life will let me get back on more involved modding, to improve the behavior of the lenador.

Sadly, I did not plan to move to a more "sword" style for the chainsaw. They are converted industrial equipment after all and they are literally called "lumberjack". Slow and steady peels the armor of your ennemies.

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2023, 12:46:23 PM »

Vanidad y Affliction Operation
v1.2.1
DOWNLOAD

A small update!

Ready for 0.96!
fix some quest dialogs

I'm planning on dusting off the mod and make a wave of cleanup before I had some stuff. If you have idea/stuff youd like to see, now is a good time to share it here
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4