Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Modding pather interest impact of buildings/industries?  (Read 1748 times)

chrizeren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Modding pather interest impact of buildings/industries?
« on: April 29, 2021, 01:34:50 PM »

Seems like the latest iteration of the game really boosted the pather cell interest for most buildings. Even megaport gives 4 luddic path interest.

Having to blow up a luddic path base once a year isn't that much of a bother, but meh, i'm a lazy player.

Does anyone know which files i have to mess with to change the pather cell interest numbers for the different buildings/industries?

Cheers!

squished_fish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Modding pather interest impact of buildings/industries?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 02:44:56 PM »

It sounds to me like you have an Alpha Core in your Megaport. I've had colonies with Orbital Works, a Megaport, and a Pristine Nanoforge without getting Pather Cells, which wouldn't be possible if the Megaport itself gave Pather Interest.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 03:07:11 PM »

Many industries/structures give 0 interest by themselves, including Megaports, it's the colony items (the spool thing in the case of Megaports) that generates either 4 or 8 interest. How you'd go about modding it I've no idea. You can change the threshold at which point pather cells appear in settings.json, among a few other pather cell related things, for what it's worth.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 03:49:03 PM »

If you want to mod out the pather cells, you can set "minInterestForPatherCells" (in the settings.json file) to a number like 1000 and it effectively makes them not spawn
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 04:12:12 PM »

Heavy Industry and Fuel Production used to give Pather interest (maybe +2?), but not anymore.

Mining still gives +1, Refining +2, and Tech Mining from +2 to +8 depending how big the ruins are.

Most colony items give +4 interest, except Hypershunt, which is +8.

Alpha core as admin gives +10.  Cores elsewhere give varying interest.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 04:14:55 PM »

At the moment, pather interest from items is specified by tags on the items, so you can change those to change the interest generated by items.

I'm also working on updating my planetary shield plugin to 0.95; once that's up to date (currently arguing with improvement tooltip strings), it'll be another option for a modded method of reducing pather interest.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

chrizeren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 08:49:02 PM »

Oh, i see. It didnt occur to me that it was the items that generated the pather interest. Did they do that before the latest hotfix_

Also, ill definitly check out the settings files then.

Thanks for the informative replies.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 09:14:23 PM »

Nope - before rc14 or so, you got pather interest for base industries (generally fairly low, excepting tech mining with vast ruins) and I think for having an alpha admin? Nothing for items, nothing for other AI cores; it was clearly bugged.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

chrizeren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 02:18:44 AM »

Nope - before rc14 or so, you got pather interest for base industries (generally fairly low, excepting tech mining with vast ruins) and I think for having an alpha admin? Nothing for items, nothing for other AI cores; it was clearly bugged.

Aha. Makes sense i guess.

I was wondering why i could, pre latest hotfix, build so many industries, and pack them full of items, without ever getting pather cells.