Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for custom starting scenario mod  (Read 1711 times)

Pacificsector

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Looking for custom starting scenario mod
« on: December 23, 2022, 09:08:35 AM »

Does there exist a custom scenario mod that allows me to customize the ships and officers I start with?
I have already drawn some portraits and I want to decide the amount of officers I start with and their details like names, portraits, and skills.
I played a little back in 0.91 and I'm just now back to try some story ideas in my head.
I know Nexerelin can do the ship part, but not the officer part, or maybe I missed something.

X1Alpha

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for custom starting scenario mod
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 07:41:13 PM »

If your looking for mods to customize officers you already have you won't find much unfortunately. The only mod i've experienced that let me redesign my officers in any good capacity is the "Volkov Industrial Conglomerate" faction mod's "Revitalization Centres" which let you change the portrait and skills of an officers (no name changing) which is a hell of a feature to tie to a faction mod. Your best bet is too find your save and edit it with a text editor. Although, having the ability to customize officers would be one hell of a nice standalone mod (honestly would be amazing if it was added to Officer Extension).

Pacificsector

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for custom starting scenario mod
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 10:24:13 PM »

If your looking for mods to customize officers you already have you won't find much unfortunately. The only mod i've experienced that let me redesign my officers in any good capacity is the "Volkov Industrial Conglomerate" faction mod's "Revitalization Centres" which let you change the portrait and skills of an officers (no name changing) which is a hell of a feature to tie to a faction mod. Your best bet is too find your save and edit it with a text editor. Although, having the ability to customize officers would be one hell of a nice standalone mod (honestly would be amazing if it was added to Officer Extension).

Yeah, I used to edit my save file back at 0.91. That's the only way I know how to do it. Just wondering if there is any non-immersion-breaking method developed while I was gone. Guess not.
I've also just started using Officer Extension. It was a nice mod. And I agree it would be amazing to have the officer editing function.