Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: How to find Scylla Coureuse?  (Read 13093 times)

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
How to find Scylla Coureuse?
« on: April 28, 2021, 03:19:15 PM »

So Im supposed to gather information in the Isirah System at the Laicaaille habitat but Im completely stuck. No new information comes to light and I cant seem to be able to progress the story. What am I supposed to do? Help me please if you know.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: How to find Scylla Coureuse?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 03:42:19 PM »

Buy information from the Pirates. They have half the puzzle. For the other half, investigate the abandoned station. Once you have both pieces of information, you can tell the Archon and he becomes really angry that the rest of the League is disrespecting the sovereignty of his station and the principles of freedom that it should be standing for.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 05:06:17 AM »

Buy information from the Pirates. They have half the puzzle. For the other half, investigate the abandoned station. Once you have both pieces of information, you can tell the Archon and he becomes really angry that the rest of the League is disrespecting the sovereignty of his station and the principles of freedom that it should be standing for.
Thank you. I will try it later this evening after work.

jwarper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 11:55:24 AM »

There are other ways of doing it as well

Spoiler
Ask around at the bar at the station will lead you to a mysterious signal coming from an abandoned station. There is also information to be gained by tapping into the comsat in system.
[close]

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 06:06:32 PM »

I knew I should have checked the comm relay too. Wound up paying money instead. Oh well.

alexlemire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 12:31:53 PM »

Hey I'm having problems with this one. When I check the station, all I get is 'the reactor is dirty blah blah rads blah blah' am I missing something? I went to every bar, and no one's talking to me about the station.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 12:51:50 PM by alexlemire »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 01:11:58 PM »

You need to talk to the rambling guy on one of the stations, I don't remember which one.

alexlemire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 03:15:14 PM »

You need to talk to the rambling guy on one of the stations, I don't remember which one.
No one is rambling. The only person I found on the station offered to sell me the info, but I have no idea how to buy it.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 06:27:17 PM »

On the pirate station, one of the pirates sold the information to a pirate leader, but refuses to sell it again to another party because he wants a reputation, so he refers you to the pirate leader instead. So buy it off the pirate leader.

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 02:20:13 AM »

Spoiler
If the station isn't turning anything up, go to Lacaille Habitat's bar
[close]
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

alexlemire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 11:36:20 AM »

I must have glitched it then. I'm running the mod that lets you take over stations (makes it kind of a 4x, invading planets, waging war with factions) so the pirate base is under persian leauge control. None of the bars have anyone in them, and none of the comms have a pirate leader.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2021, 12:10:11 PM »

Have you investigated the communications array? I did not go that route, but it may help.

alexlemire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 12:22:07 PM »

Have you investigated the communications array? I did not go that route, but it may help.
yeah, was one of the first suggestions I did. It's how I got the first half of the info.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2021, 12:24:01 PM »

Ahh. Ask around Laicaille. Some workers may tell you about strange signals coming from an abandoned radioactive station. Investigate that station for another clue. With 2 clues, you should have enough evidence to convince the Archon that Kazeron is disrespecting their constitution and the quest should progress.

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2021, 01:37:56 AM »

I must have glitched it then. I'm running the mod that lets you take over stations (makes it kind of a 4x, invading planets, waging war with factions) so the pirate base is under persian leauge control. None of the bars have anyone in them, and none of the comms have a pirate leader.
That's definitely a glitch then. Might be worth posting the order of events (whether it got taken over before or after the quest started, which route you took, etc) and the issue on the nexerelin thread
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra