Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] BigBeans Ship Compilation  (Read 262798 times)

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] BigBeans Ship Compilation
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2021, 10:27:25 AM »

UPDATE!

v0.1.5.5a, removed references to currently unfinished fighter wing that was causing CTDs. Should fix the issues.

Might be save compatible. Might not be.

Sorry for rushing out update before my weekend away and leaving that code in.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jt_n_V9dL8oCvowsdZiAZ-gJzVufAfPf/view?usp=sharing

DemonicButtPlug

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2021, 02:27:36 PM »

UPDATE!

v0.1.5.5a, removed references to currently unfinished fighter wing that was causing CTDs. Should fix the issues.

Might be save compatible. Might not be.

Sorry for rushing out update before my weekend away and leaving that code in.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jt_n_V9dL8oCvowsdZiAZ-gJzVufAfPf/view?usp=sharing

Yay! Now the game is pretty stable and memory leaks are gone (for now, at least). Also for me it is save compatible - updated right after I couldn't raid a base for ship equipment (some red error text after "Launch raid" clicked). After the update all works just fine.

EadTaes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2021, 04:46:52 AM »

I love the style of your original ships and would love to add your mod to my mod list. However the starwars ships are a deal breaker for me. Could you make a stand alone pact that has only your original without any other content that comes from proprieties outside of Starsector? That would be very cool thanks.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2021, 07:43:02 AM »

I love the style of your original ships and would love to add your mod to my mod list. However the starwars ships are a deal breaker for me. Could you make a stand alone pact that has only your original without any other content that comes from proprieties outside of Starsector? That would be very cool thanks.

Yeah I was considering doing this anyhow. They'll be split into a seperate mod next update.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 07:56:30 AM by BigBeans »

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] BigBeans Ship Compilation + Optional Submod
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2021, 07:00:09 AM »

UPDATE!

Version 0.1.6
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hvjk2DuTDU-o5wdQCVs8k6pvh_diBejS/view?usp=sharing
Submod Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oycvjYlpSQZNdTAkDXw8bauSg0Tb1j8m/view?usp=sharing

Changelog: 0.1.6, Split Star wars ships into their own IP submod after a few requests. Removed Gull, Knuckleduster and Metalhead. Replaced Metalhead with new Stern DD. New battlecruiser, Chrysaor. New Herma Lionguard Skin and Hammerhead(LP) skin. Cassina and Polis sprite updates. Bitzer should spawn a bit less. Killskipper should spawn a bit more.

NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE!

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 04:13:08 PM by BigBeans »

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2021, 03:36:43 AM »

*Comes Back*
Adventurer Nerf is sad, I really liked my Gauss Cannon Adventurer. Removing the Gull makes sense, a Pirate Gull has 90 OP and a large hull point, which while shorter range than most L armed ships is rather powerful when as massed frigates.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2021, 07:41:25 AM »

*Comes Back*
Adventurer Nerf is sad, I really liked my Gauss Cannon Adventurer. Removing the Gull makes sense, a Pirate Gull has 90 OP and a large hull point, which while shorter range than most L armed ships is rather powerful when as massed frigates.

The adventurer can still mount gauss. It’s just a little more DP and doesn’t have a 360 front turret now. Gull is completely removed including the pirate one. I’ll replace them with something else eventually.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2021, 04:37:35 AM »

BigBeans, I have a question regarding the Coventor(P) (Same may go for the stock version but I haven't come across one yet). When I list the ships that can mine, it has a mining strength of only the weapons I have installed. I had assumed it would have an innate mining bonus like the other ships that are flagged as mining vessels and was wondering if this was by design, thank you.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2021, 05:19:20 AM »

BigBeans, I have a question regarding the Coventor(P) (Same may go for the stock version but I haven't come across one yet). When I list the ships that can mine, it has a mining strength of only the weapons I have installed. I had assumed it would have an innate mining bonus like the other ships that are flagged as mining vessels and was wondering if this was by design, thank you.

Ah, no thats a mistake I think I forgot to give it mining stats. I'll fix it next update.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2021, 07:52:34 AM »

Thanks. I enjoy the mining mini game in Nex and am always looking for the most efficient mining ships weapons and drones.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2021, 09:54:19 AM »

I've been digging around various mods to see how the interact with Nex's mining mini game and I note they all have a config folder in the data folder "\data\config\exerelin" which has two files 1 for mining weapons and one for mining ships. I notice your mod lacks those files and I guess that is the difference. Sorry if I am being a busy body but I am trying to understand how mining from various mods interact with Nex.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2021, 10:19:46 AM »

I've been digging around various mods to see how the interact with Nex's mining mini game and I note they all have a config folder in the data folder "\data\config\exerelin" which has two files 1 for mining weapons and one for mining ships. I notice your mod lacks those files and I guess that is the difference. Sorry if I am being a busy body but I am trying to understand how mining from various mods interact with Nex.

On top of the mining_ships.csv and mining_weapons.csv files that you've described, mining values can also be set in modSettings.json (found in \data\config) under the lines "mining_ship_strengths" and "mining_weapon_strengths". This is how Nexerelin does it in its own folders for vanilla stuff and how some mods like Scy do it.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2021, 01:24:52 PM »

I had noticed that in Nex but those files just say "#deprecated; use modSettings.json instead,," but the 3 mods I checked used the mining_ships.csv and mining_weapons.csv files. I hadn't looked at scy and how it is handled there. The is becoming a deeper rabbit hole than I had expected lol. Thank you so much for the tip Helldiver.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2021, 01:41:46 PM »

I won’t lie I honestly forgot I had to do configes to get the mining ship to have mining strength lol

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2021, 07:13:54 PM »

Lol nice and here I was worried you would be upset that I've spammed your mod's page with mining talk :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19