Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] BigBeans Ship Compilation  (Read 262706 times)

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] BigBeans Ship Compilation
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2021, 08:59:20 AM »

Encountered a weird bug with the Coventor(P), its mining laser isn't built in, but if you remove it any weapon placed in its slot is seemingly just deleted.

Hi, I will be back at my pc on Tuesday so should hopefully put out a patch then for this and a few other issues. Also maybe a new ship or two if I have time.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2021, 02:36:07 AM »

UPDATE!

0.1.1.5b, Fixed Covetor(P) turret bug, fixed Nit drone tags, fixed Wayfarer(P), Shepherd(P) and Venator sprite errors and hopefully should've fixed all ships not having goal variants. Talon(P) and Broadsword(LC) removed.

Please holler if I missed anything.

Is not Save Compatible due to removing fighters!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Pvql8FIqTl4M62M2OWxe3rwr9F7wyLH/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 03:06:12 PM by BigBeans »

Shyguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2021, 02:45:42 AM »

Out of curiosity why did the Talon and Broadsword get removed?

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2021, 03:25:06 AM »

Out of curiosity why did the Talon and Broadsword get removed?

They were just quite messed up and I didn't want to fix them. I'll add something else in their place eventually.

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2021, 02:44:26 PM »

One of your hulls/variants with the Unstable Injector is causing CTDs under certain circumstances. I couldn't tell you which exactly, but I made a thread whilst attempting to figure it out.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2021, 05:09:41 PM »

One of your hulls/variants with the Unstable Injector is causing CTDs under certain circumstances. I couldn't tell you which exactly, but I made a thread whilst attempting to figure it out.

Have you downloaded the latest version? If not, please try the latest update, it was most likely the Talon(P) as it had unstable injector which didn't work with fighter hulls.

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2021, 01:08:57 AM »

As far as I can see the version I have doesn't have the Talon(P) but I'll update anyway and keep my eyes peeled I guess.

Phearlock

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2021, 01:35:20 PM »

Tramp seems significantly too fast for its price (faster than the hound by quite a bit due to burn drive). Suggest dropping speed to a more reasonable 100 (for a bargain bin freighter that probably doesn't have much of a powerplant), or 120-130 and getting rid of burn drive for flares or similar.

As well as probably dropping burn to 9, where militarized subsystems is required to get it up to burn 10, like other civilian frigates.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2021, 04:59:13 PM »

Update!

v0.1.2, Added Acclamator, Mercer and Cassina. Nerfed Tramps speed and Burn rating as it was too fast for its price. Did a number of tiny sprite fixes as well.

Should be save compatible from v0.1.1.5b due to just adding ships and making stat changes.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VvhKErUvZIyjkHzxra41g6-P1pUTwNwg/view?usp=sharing

dostillevi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2021, 05:25:18 PM »

I've been following your progress on discord and this is absolutely on my radar for a future playthrough. The spriting is already good and getting better and better (keep taking passes at the existing ships!). How are these in terms of balance vs standard faction ships, and how are they distributed across markets?

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2021, 05:36:26 PM »

I've been following your progress on discord and this is absolutely on my radar for a future playthrough. The spriting is already good and getting better and better (keep taking passes at the existing ships!). How are these in terms of balance vs standard faction ships, and how are they distributed across markets?
Thank you! Everything is aimed to be balanced around vanilla, nothing should be massively OP. And in terms of distribution it should match how they look, so I've given the Low Tech ships either to the Base_bp or to Hegemoney and Luddic Church, midline ships mostly to Indies, Perseans and Sindies (with a couple exceptions), I've given the Interdictor to most factions that oppose Tri-Tach and the Skins are all given to their respective factions.

dostillevi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2021, 11:29:45 AM »

Awesome! I'll add them to my next game for sure.

Inhilicon

• Lieutenant
  • I like when the ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2021, 01:24:09 PM »

I wanted to ask, is the Brigantine inspired from a ship with the same name in X3? Or is it simply a coincidence? Great choice of a name for a pirate vessel, in any case.

Brigantines, carracks and galleons, oh my!

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2021, 07:04:04 PM »

I wanted to ask, is the Brigantine inspired from a ship with the same name in X3? Or is it simply a coincidence? Great choice of a name for a pirate vessel, in any case.

Brigantines, carracks and galleons, oh my!

I have played X3 but it was just a coincidence.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2021, 03:46:09 PM »

And into my next modded campaign you go! I love this!

Only nitpick I have in the Entire mod would be the Acclamator not having enough detail to cover for its...illuminati-worthy shape standing out too much, but then again I have not seen it in-game either so it might just be an unnecessary criticism of mine!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19