Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] BigBeans Ship Compilation  (Read 262600 times)

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] BigBeans Ship Compilation
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2021, 05:08:33 AM »

And into my next modded campaign you go! I love this!

Only nitpick I have in the Entire mod would be the Acclamator not having enough detail to cover for its...illuminati-worthy shape standing out too much, but then again I have not seen it in-game either so it might just be an unnecessary criticism of mine!

Do you have any particular details or areas on it that need attention? I know it has quite a stark shape compared to other ships haha.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2021, 07:14:49 AM »

I premise that I drew this with my fat fingers on a phone touchscreen while outdoors and sunbathing. Had to turn the pic negative to see what I was doing.

I think the main issue with the ship aesthetically is the bottom left and right so I did some doodling there:

1) I'd split part of the central engine onto the corners to break the illuminati shape a bit.
2)I would also make the edges of that transition from vertical to angled, leading to the nose a bit smoother
3)I added some small turrets with horribly drawn weapon arcs in the back. Those green dots are where I'd put more small turrets
4)I split the nose into two not-so-thick prongs, removed the nose weapon and added another two turrets on the sides.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2021, 07:30:30 AM »

The most jarring thing about it (and the Venator, tbh) to me is the Starsector Beige/Khaki colouration, as opposed to the canon/conventional Imperial Grey.

As far as blank spots go the only one that really stands out is that trapezoid spot right on the nose of the Venator. If faction variants were ever made, that'd be where I'd slap a flag/emblem.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2021, 08:11:16 AM »

I premise that I drew this with my fat fingers on a phone touchscreen while outdoors and sunbathing. Had to turn the pic negative to see what I was doing.

I think the main issue with the ship aesthetically is the bottom left and right so I did some doodling there:

1) I'd split part of the central engine onto the corners to break the illuminati shape a bit.
2)I would also make the edges of that transition from vertical to angled, leading to the nose a bit smoother
3)I added some small turrets with horribly drawn weapon arcs in the back. Those green dots are where I'd put more small turrets
4)I split the nose into two not-so-thick prongs, removed the nose weapon and added another two turrets on the sides.

Engines and transition edges and maybe turrets are something I can think about. I don’t wanna meds with the shape tho since the whole point is it looks like an acclamator from above that’s been starsectorified but thank you for the feedback!

The most jarring thing about it (and the Venator, tbh) to me is the Starsector Beige/Khaki colouration, as opposed to the canon/conventional Imperial Grey.

As far as blank spots go the only one that really stands out is that trapezoid spot right on the nose of the Venator. If faction variants were ever made, that'd be where I'd slap a flag/emblem.

Aye but both have been starsectorified haha, I figured midline looked the best for them. I could make grey variants but grey ships always look kinda meh in starsector no matter how good the spriter is and I am very much a meh spriter haha.

And the Venator will get that gap filled with something maybe a turret or a sensor array or something. Atmit’s just good enough at the moment but I am defo no happy with it.

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2021, 07:47:29 AM »

this mod looks pretty good, my only concern is that one of the mods i use already has a buffalo mkIII (the mod Missing Ships) and two ships named the same thing is confusing, and i'm not a modder but wouldn't having the same name for something twice cause code problems?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 07:49:20 AM by mkire »

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2021, 01:08:52 PM »

this mod looks pretty good, my only concern is that one of the mods i use already has a buffalo mkIII (the mod Missing Ships) and two ships named the same thing is confusing, and i'm not a modder but wouldn't having the same name for something twice cause code problems?

The ships will have different IDs so it should be fine.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2021, 06:16:15 AM »

Update!

0.1.2.5, Added Altia, Adventurer and Mutt(LP). Minor Sprite changes to Aghast, Venator, Brigantine, Cassina and Acclamator. Venator and Cassina have had their mounts changed to fit them more in line with Midline ships. Cassina has had its stats buffed to match its role more. Brigantine has been made faster, its armour level has been boosted a little and it has an extra small turret. Mutt and Herma booth recieved minor stat boosts, tho Herma now has Civilian Hull to match it being a conversion.

Should be save compatible as nothing was removed!

DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mmRaNMafsnhldpsaQLRyjj2Md0mGJodz/view?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 03:22:27 PM by BigBeans »

SiegeLion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2021, 09:58:34 AM »

When raiding for blueprints I'm getting a crash "Fatal: Ship hull spec [BSC_Nit_Wing] not found", happened on both 0.1.2 and the 0.1.2.5 update, Starsector 0.95a-RC15.

Edit: Unrelated but I just noticed the forward small ballistic and energy weapon mounts on the Venator are misaligned.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 10:55:11 AM by SiegeLion »

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2021, 02:14:17 PM »

When raiding for blueprints I'm getting a crash "Fatal: Ship hull spec [BSC_Nit_Wing] not found", happened on both 0.1.2 and the 0.1.2.5 update, Starsector 0.95a-RC15.

Edit: Unrelated but I just noticed the forward small ballistic and energy weapon mounts on the Venator are misaligned.

Thanks for the bug reports. I’m away from my pc until Sunday night but I’ll look into and fix those then.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2021, 03:12:51 PM »

Update!

0.1.3, Added Ignis and Thrasher, two heavy frigates for Low Tech. Added Luddic Church variants of both and resprited the Brave frigate so it looks less like half a Sunder. Also added the Nebula(P) and Starliner(P) for the Pirates.

Should be save compatible.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ounnVcdvAvu6VYXGFq01k2TX82edmlnc/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 03:30:10 PM by BigBeans »

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2021, 04:50:10 PM »

Those low tech heavy frigates look juicy and really get my Luddic Church themed campaign itch going! You've really done a good job here!

Looking forward to updating the mod and searching for them tomorrow, altough it might take a while for me to.provide any significant amount of feedback on them tough.
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2021, 07:14:05 PM »

Those low tech heavy frigates look juicy and really get my Luddic Church themed campaign itch going! You've really done a good job here!

Looking forward to updating the mod and searching for them tomorrow, altough it might take a while for me to.provide any significant amount of feedback on them tough.

Thanks man! Hope you enjoy using them!

err0r

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2021, 01:58:51 AM »

I have the same bug with the latest game and mod version.
There's the log: https://pastebin.com/AURYsv6z

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2021, 05:36:14 AM »

I have the same bug with the latest game and mod version.
There's the log: https://pastebin.com/AURYsv6z

Thanks for the crash log, I should hopefully be able to fix this for next update.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2021, 08:03:39 AM »

UPDATE!

v0.1.3.5, Added Paradigm battleship and Messer Cruiser. Added Annihilator MLRS. Added Piranha(LC) torpedo bomber. Thrasher now has a Pursuit Drive system. Aghast now has an even more powerful anti-phase ship system but can't use it on normal ships anymore. Regular Herma gunship has had a slight resprite to add midline style armour plates to hopefully make it more distinct from the regular Hermes. Hopefully should've fixed Nit Wing bug when raiding planets.

Should be Save Compatible as nothing was removed just additions and hopefully a bug fix.

LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YFGfyz6Ga6AcgRaSCA9z2eZRlw8Rze7H/view?usp=sharing
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19