Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: [0.97a] More Military Missions (v0.4.2)  (Read 54785 times)

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] More Military Missions (v0.4.2)
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2024, 10:38:48 AM »

Pls Absolutely never remove super ships and omegas from those missions this is way to funny, and if you ever do remove them at least make a setting in the mod that a player can chose bettwen a balanced version and this version
https://imgur.com/a/nCfXPj2
There's already a setting to remove hidden factions which includes stuff like omegas.

sawert42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2024, 11:41:47 AM »

There's already a setting to remove hidden factions which includes stuff like omegas.
Good to know

Florbies

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2024, 07:33:43 PM »

Alright, I have spent a lot of time playing and looking into an issue I have been having and I feel confident enough to post about it here now.

I think this mod has been causing my stations to disappear. For some reason, particular around the defense missions this mod offers, stations occasionally disappear after leaving them. This seems to happen regardless of many factors. The type and size of the station doesn't matter, the faction doesn't matter, new, old, modded, vanilla, standalone, orbital. They all are vulnerable to this bug. If a station is removed it is still considered to exist in the game but I can no longer dock with it under any circumstances. If it is engaged in battle with a nearby fleet I can see it in the battle space. If it is standalone it will still accept and launch NPC fleets. Outside of that it is neither visible or interactable on the map or the viewport.

Rebuilding, upgrading, destroying, downgrading, or conquering the station has no effect on bringing it back. This is a big issue because if it's a standalone station the whole market is deleted from the game for all player interactions and cannot be fixed it seems.

The reason I post this here is because I noticed the stations most often disappeared during the defence missions if I docked with the station while the mission was ongoing. Other causes have seemed random and have been hard to duplicate, but the defence mission bug has been the most consistent. I have played a new file for several hours without this mod enabled (no other changes) and have had no issues with disappearing stations. I don't know what the cause here is but this is the only thing I have been able to link to the bug.

Please let me know if any of you have also had this issue and thanks for any help

Pizzarugi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2024, 08:46:50 PM »

This is probably a silly question, but is there a way to increase the spawn weighting of certain faction fleets for the defense mission? With the addition of MVS, VIC, The Exalted, and Adversaries, trying to get the [super redacted] fleets to appear feels a lot rarer than before. The mission is terrific for making lots of credits quickly alongside the trade convoy, but later into a game, I start to farm the mission trying to get [super redacted] weapons.

If no such option is available to increase their spawns, then I'd like to suggest some kind of config that allows us to modify spawn weights.

LngA7Gw

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2024, 05:33:57 PM »

This is probably a silly question, but is there a way to increase the spawn weighting of certain faction fleets for the defense mission?

You can blacklist the factions that you don't want? DmReinforcementFactionBlacklist in modSettings.json; Otherwise no.

Pizzarugi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2024, 06:17:49 AM »

This is probably a silly question, but is there a way to increase the spawn weighting of certain faction fleets for the defense mission?

You can blacklist the factions that you don't want? DmReinforcementFactionBlacklist in modSettings.json; Otherwise no.

I did notice there was a blacklist, but I was hoping to not have to prevent certain factions from spawning at all in this mission to increase the chance of others appearing.

But if that's the only option I have available, I suppose I could look into forbidding player, player colony, Independents, and Adversaries from spawning since they don't provide new ships or weapons.

Thanks.

yajusenpai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2024, 03:13:03 PM »

I have had the pleasure of fighting 50 doritorious ship because of your mod.
I would discribe my experience as getting my ass kicked and being mop the floor with.
10/10 would fight again.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]