Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: please add a sanity check for kallichore archive mission  (Read 3910 times)

OhFluxIt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: please add a sanity check for kallichore archive mission
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2021, 05:58:11 AM »

I played the long game instead... camped behind the asteroids (still with transponders)  like an idiot until a  Pirate arrived.. went dark, hacked the relay, then helped Hedgemony.. did not suspect a thing and even thankful for what I did. Thankfully I already have a colony back then, paying my officers (I did not change my fleet still that massive fleet.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 06:00:21 AM by OhFluxIt »

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2021, 09:18:48 AM »

That is pretty cool. Let's not underestimate the cool factor of having to wait for an actual opening with unsuspecting NPC bait. That's also happened to me before in another situation. In a living sector, there are some missions that are just stacked against you, and it sometimes has to do with planet alignment or patrol generation or both. Whether they should exist is another question, but it's not gamebreaking and the payoff for waiting or planning is that the player actually gets an extremely difficult win. I think there's some value in that.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2021, 11:57:00 AM »

that was some of my favorite content in pre-procgen starsector, playing a pirate raiding everything that couldnt put up a fight. I have fond memories of sitting in Magec's gigantic accretion disc, emerging from the dust to strike, getting chased back into gayatoya's disc then going dark, dodging patrols & lurking looking for another chance to slip out & strike. Since the economy/procgen got added tho Magec is kinda dead, none of the markets are big enough to generate much traffic. A lot of stuff actually seems like it's either too gigantic to fight, too close to a station to fight, or too small to bother with, now that it's being spawned in accordance to the conditions of the simulated market that spawned it instead of just being scaled to what would be fun for the player to fight -- tho that might all just be nostalgia blindness
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2021, 01:04:03 AM »

Very annoying mission, one patrol always circle around relay, and bad thing is what if you stash all your ship in storage, and take single phase frigate you can't still sneak up to relay because patrols sensors cover the relay. Also I never saw these patrols changing, this mission would not be such annoyance if patrols would change after some time, and create opening to approach, its just always circles around this relay, completely covering it even if you use single phase ship, so you can't just sneak undetected without luring that patrol out, but they quickly stop searching and return to that relay, only way to get rid of this patrol, if some pirate fleet appear, but that is pure luck, you can just wait months for that to happen, so its not good design, I always cheated this mission by spawning pirate patrols.

To be honest this is most unfun mission of all story campaign. Idk maybe its easier if you just kill that patrol, but I didn't tried that.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 01:11:15 AM by BreenBB »
Pages: 1 [2]