Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: can we get a psa about smuggling?  (Read 552 times)

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
can we get a psa about smuggling?
« on: July 12, 2021, 07:30:06 PM »

so ive watched the ai security break game physics to keep pace with me in several ways over the course of the last hour of testing, saving and loading, while also chasing me across multiple systems so i was just wondering can we get an announcement to how smuggling isnt allowed anymore or what magic thing we are supposed to do to actually get away?

this last case i juked it, was at my emergency burn and it just shot out like a bullet to catch me (if he ever had to hit his burn i never saw the animation at all this time).  must have been the fastest moving fleet ive ever seen in the game by a fair margin and finally realized what i was dealing with and that i wasnt going to get away no matter what i did...

oh and he only had a burn speed of 1 or 2 more then i did and the gates werent that far away. (altho this is aside from when you go through the gate and its just magically on top of you despite being far behind you previously)

edit: i was just going to delete all this, but that doesnt seem to be an option.  still, i have shielded cargo, and it gets you 100% on that too.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 08:46:42 PM by Warlord-616x »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: can we get a psa about smuggling?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 08:03:12 PM »

so ive watched the ai security break game physics to keep pace with me ...

Just to avoid any confusion, AI fleets do not do that in the base game! I can't speak to what might happen in mods. It's also possible that there's some sort of bug making fleets go fast when they shouldn't, but this post aside, I haven't seen something like that reported.

... must have been the fastest moving fleet ive ever seen in the game by a fair margin and finally realized what i was dealing with and that i wasnt going to get away no matter what i did...

Honestly - unless it was hit by a hyperspace storm strike and bounced into your fleet? - this really sounds like either a modded thing or a bug.

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 08:50:13 PM »

i do have nex and a couple of faction mods going, but thats about it.  and it hegemony who im a member of with full rep and havent really done any black market purchases in their systems previously that i can think of at all.

and i guess there are still cases when i can stealth my way past anyways, so even if this is the case i guess its not completely off the table either way.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 08:53:15 PM by Warlord-616x »

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 06:14:03 PM »

I've noticed lot of fleets pulling hairpin turns and traveling at 13 whenever I try some kind of clandestine operation, and I play vanilla.

The most annoying thing, though, is the fleets that go wildly off course to find you when doing some kind of mission.

Thankfully, the shielded engine mod allows you a much smaller profile without dumping everything into phase ships.  Though I still have to dump my fleet sometimes...