Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: add more variety to story mission target systems  (Read 393 times)

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile
add more variety to story mission target systems
« on: April 26, 2021, 11:05:17 AM »

the academy missions always take me to the same system very close together, always north-east of the map.
this is pretty borring and rather unsatisfying. it feels like im just wasting my fuel running these missions as i cant combine them with exploration. so i try to do as few missions for them as possible.

i think it was more fun if the missions would target different systems.

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
Re: add more variety to story mission target systems
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 12:10:24 PM »

What? You think you are too good for the north-east corner of the map huh?
Well excuuuse me Mr. I Don't Visit The Same System Twice.  ;D

Yeah I think its random probably, I got sent all over the place, getting as many missions nearby through mission boards, contacts and the academy is the only way to make them worth it if they end up in places you've already been to.
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 01:25:55 PM »

ups, i did write north east. i meant north west. north-north west actually. its always the same region of the map for me about 30lj away from the science station. (always as in: in all the 5 rounds i played long enough to unlock gate travle, virtually all missions have been in this region and almost all the missions will take place in the same system in a given playthrough)
i remember one mission that broke the rule and send me to a system east at only ~15lj. but that was the one exeption in maybe 40?50? missions.
now, im not very good at stochastics but i would think this has a fairly high sigma not to be a coincidence.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 03:10:44 PM »

My first campaign, the mission locations seemed completely random. The second campaign, when I got multiple missions at the same time, they were all in the same system. I'm wondering if there is a bug.

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 04:37:09 PM »

Sometimes the game keeps sending you in a certain direction, not sure if its related to choosing a destination depending on where you are, or if its just an impression you get when they happen to pile up around the same place for a while.
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates