Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] AdvancedGunneryControl 1.17.0 - Updated for 0.97a  (Read 174178 times)

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] AdvancedGunneryControl 0.13.0
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2022, 11:13:19 AM »

Heh, while going through some modding stuff myself, I noticed this for the Breach SRM: "CONSERVE_ALL, CONSERVE_FOR_ANTI_ARMOR". These two tags kinda makes the AI never use these I think! :D Wanted to mention it due to the latest chatter about forceAutofire
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 11:17:02 AM by lyravega »

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2022, 04:25:33 AM »

0.13.1 is out (https://github.com/DesperatePeter/starsector-advanced-weapon-control/releases/tag/0.13.1)!
It refactors the GUI dialogue options such that you can control whether a single ship or the whole fleet as well as the current loadout or all loadouts shall be affected by holding shift/ctrl when choosing an option. It also adds the requested setting to disable persistence of changes made in combat (alongside a hotkey to manually save the modes for the current ship).

Heh, while going through some modding stuff myself, I noticed this for the Breach SRM: "CONSERVE_ALL, CONSERVE_FOR_ANTI_ARMOR". These two tags kinda makes the AI never use these I think! :D Wanted to mention it due to the latest chatter about forceAutofire
Ahh, that probably explains why the AI is so conservative in using them^^ So probably all you need to do to fix this is remove these tags from weapon_data.csv for breach SRM pods?
That seems like a much cleaner way of solving this issue indeed.

It's not much of a big deal to be honest. I thought forcing autofire per weapon group could be possible, if it's crashing the game, not really necessary :D
I still think the idea is nice, I'll try to keep it in mind when doing the big refactoring I'm planning^^ It just doesn't make sense to try to "hack" it into the code in its current state.

Yeah, the manual OpenGL territory is the scary part; it'll look out of game for the most part, and if you can make it look a part of the game, you should release it as a GUI library instead for all to benefit to be honest :D The roadmap looks nice. I'm not sure what you mean by making a GUI showing up in combat though. A GUI to adjust stuff in-combat, or a redesigned info-box of some sorts?
To be perfectly honest, I don't know for sure, either. I'll have to have a look into what's possible. In a perfect world, I'd be able to simply open a GUI letting you configure everything while in combat. But I'm not really sure if it's possible at all to open a GUI in combat without being a major hassle. =/

I'll probably have to do quite a bit of experimentation, in general, to see what is reasonably possible and what isn't. Also, due to "historical" reasons, the way things work in the GUI and in combat are entirely different. If possible, I want to also unify things to work the same way in both layers, at which time implementing the "load suggested modes for enemies"-feature should become nigh-trivial.

All this will probably be a lot of work with relatively little to show for, but when looking through my code base it seems to be desperately needed in order to facilitate future development of the mod.

Anyhow, as always, thanks for all the suggestions and feedback. As mentioned before, there probably won't be any new releases (except for hotfixes) within the next couple weeks/months, but I might try to keep you guys updated on my current progress.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2022, 06:04:43 AM »

Intersting, its possible to add option to override ships aggressiveness for ships with AI cores? This will useful for using SWP Remnant Carrier things and Blade Breaker recoverable ships, since that "Fearless" makes them not retreat at all when they have maxed hard flux, I'd liked to have option to change their personality to aggressive or steady instead. That guy who updated automated commands refused to make Personality Override hullmods affect AI cores which counts as officers but you can't change their personality.

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2022, 08:13:42 AM »

Intersting, its possible to add option to override ships aggressiveness for ships with AI cores? This will useful for using SWP Remnant Carrier things and Blade Breaker recoverable ships, since that "Fearless" makes them not retreat at all when they have maxed hard flux, I'd liked to have option to change their personality to aggressive or steady instead. That guy who updated automated commands refused to make Personality Override hullmods affect AI cores which counts as officers but you can't change their personality.
Hi!
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm afraid I'm also not really interested in adding that feature, at least not currently =/

First of all, I feel like the fact that automated ships are always fearless/reckless is very much a design choice and kind of important for game balance. If you could have your Radiants be aggressive/steady it would be a lot easier to build a fleet around them.

Secondly, this mod only changes how weapon/ship AI behaves while not actually changing any ship/weapon tags/data. Having a ship mode that actually swaps out tags would probably have weird unintended side-effects.

I believe you could try to simply edit data/characters/personalities.csv and replace all the numbers under reckless with the numbers from e.g. aggressive (not 100% sure if this will actually work).

On the topic of combat GUIs:
I played around a little bit and I think that an in-combat GUI should be possible. Here's a very basic proof of concept:
Combat GUI Mockup

I also released 0.13.2, but it's only some minor fixes and cleanup, so there's no real reason to update.

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2022, 12:29:12 PM »

On the topic of combat GUIs:
I played around a little bit and I think that an in-combat GUI should be possible. Here's a very basic proof of concept:
Combat GUI Mockup

I also released 0.13.2, but it's only some minor fixes and cleanup, so there's no real reason to update.

Nice!

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2022, 11:14:27 AM »

So, I've got a basic version of the tag-based in-combat GUI working.

In-combat GUI

There's still a lot of polish & cleanup to do, so don't expect a new release anytime soon (especially given the fact that Elden Ring will come out in two days :P). But I still thought I'd share my progress with anyone interested.

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2022, 11:40:37 PM »

So, I've got a basic version of the tag-based in-combat GUI working.

In-combat GUI

There's still a lot of polish & cleanup to do, so don't expect a new release anytime soon (especially given the fact that Elden Ring will come out in two days :P). But I still thought I'd share my progress with anyone interested.

Crap, I haven't even played God of War yet... also, UI looks very nice; instead of going through lists one by one, clicking them would be super-easier =)

kaedys

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2022, 11:03:13 AM »

Seems to be rather finicky about what it considers to be the "same variant".  The order the mods are applied seems to matter, which isn't usually an issue, but starts to become one with jullmods that are automatically applied by game mods.  For example, Commissioned Crews auto-applies mods based on your faction commission (and potentially alliances) that can break it being considered a "same variant", even if that mod is included in the saved variant, if it's in a different "slot" in the mod ordering.  In addition, and more painfully, the order of S-mods appears to be relevant as well.  I've not yet determined if it's the order the mods were added before being built in, or the order they were built in, but the S-mod order is apparently strict.  The hullmod block always displays the S-mods in alphabetical order, but the variant window displays them in their proper order, seemingly, and only hulls that had them added (or built-in, whichever it is) in that order "count".

Is there a way you could loosen up that restriction at all?  Or failing that, add an additional dialogue or modifier key to apply the specified settings to all ships of that hull type, regardless of the inferred variant?  I tend to run just a single fit per hull type in most cases, so regardless of what variant the mod or game thinks they are, they are fundamentally the same build.  And it's rather a pain going through each of those hulls and assigning the settings (especially since I'm running Fleet Size By DP and am running a fleet composed in large part of destroyers and frigates, so a fair number of hulls to apply the settings to).

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2022, 11:06:41 PM »

Seems to be rather finicky about what it considers to be the "same variant".  The order the mods are applied seems to matter, which isn't usually an issue, but starts to become one with jullmods that are automatically applied by game mods.  For example, Commissioned Crews auto-applies mods based on your faction commission (and potentially alliances) that can break it being considered a "same variant", even if that mod is included in the saved variant, if it's in a different "slot" in the mod ordering.  In addition, and more painfully, the order of S-mods appears to be relevant as well.  I've not yet determined if it's the order the mods were added before being built in, or the order they were built in, but the S-mod order is apparently strict.  The hullmod block always displays the S-mods in alphabetical order, but the variant window displays them in their proper order, seemingly, and only hulls that had them added (or built-in, whichever it is) in that order "count".

Is there a way you could loosen up that restriction at all?  Or failing that, add an additional dialogue or modifier key to apply the specified settings to all ships of that hull type, regardless of the inferred variant?  I tend to run just a single fit per hull type in most cases, so regardless of what variant the mod or game thinks they are, they are fundamentally the same build.  And it's rather a pain going through each of those hulls and assigning the settings (especially since I'm running Fleet Size By DP and am running a fleet composed in large part of destroyers and frigates, so a fair number of hulls to apply the settings to).

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback!
About variant detection: Unfortunately, I simply use the Starsector API for determining variants (i.e. I didn't actually write any code to do this myself, it's Alex's code). My understanding is that it should work as long as you are using autofit, but I could see how some stuff like built-in S-mods or hullmods from other mods could break this =/

But once I finally get around to finishing my overhaul of the mod, I'll try to include a "apply to all ships of the same hull-type" option =)

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2022, 01:58:53 AM »

Thanks for the mod, PD only mode has been great for keeping my burst PD/paladins from dumping all their charges immediately on an enemy shield and leaving the ship unprotected from fighters/missiles.

On another note, would it be possible to do the inverse and force PD to either not target missiles/fighters or prioritize enemy ships instead? For example for the vanilla machinegun weapons on an SO build, mounting any of them on turrets means that AI/autofire will spray them everywhere except the target if there are flares or missiles flying around.

Probably something akin to the PD_ALSO weapon tag maybe?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 06:03:19 AM by Countable »

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2022, 08:47:35 AM »

Thanks for the mod, PD only mode has been great for keeping my burst PD/paladins from dumping all their charges immediately on an enemies shield and leaving the ship unprotected from fighters/missiles.

On another note, would it be possible to do the inverse and force PD to either not target missiles/fighters or prioritize enemy ships instead? For example for the vanilla machinegun weapons on an SO build, mounting any of them on turrets means that AI/autofire will spray them everywhere except the target if there are flares or missiles flying around.

Probably something akin to the PD_ALSO weapon tag maybe?

Thank you, glad you like it!

If I'm not entirely mistaken, a NoPD-Mode already exists (at least it appears in the code:P ), it just hasn't been tested properly yet, so it hasn't been added to the "official" list in the readme.
You should still be able to enable it by adding NoPD to the mode list in the settings.editme file. I'm like 80% sure that will work xD (Has been a while since I actively worked on the mod...)

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2022, 11:17:43 AM »

Update: Version 1.0.0, including both the previously mentioned tag system and the new combat GUI, just released.

Note that this is an alpha version, so it's not yet feature complete and probably contains a few bugs.

If you want to help me test the new version, that would be much appreciated!

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
  • Grand Admiral of the Galactic Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2022, 09:25:16 PM »

Is there a fire mode that each weapon (especially missile) in a group that will engage a different target? As I've made an SM6 SAM for the anti-missile tasks but all the launchers in a group fire at the same target which wastes a lot of missiles and is very ineffective against a swarm of missiles.

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2022, 05:57:00 AM »

Update: Version 1.0.0, including both the previously mentioned tag system and the new combat GUI, just released.

Note that this is an alpha version, so it's not yet feature complete and probably contains a few bugs.

If you want to help me test the new version, that would be much appreciated!

Hi, just tested out the new alpha version of the mod.

One thing I noticed is that the in-combat GUI doesn't seem to shift properly with UI scaling. When running at 200% scale, the displayed location of the buttons/boxes and the actual clickable area to select options don't match.

Not sure if it helps, but the out-of-combat GUI(for both this new alpha and previous versions) scales fine, the visual buttons and the clickable area match up.

For a second thing, the new tag-based system doesn't seem to have a combination equivalent to the old "PD (Flux>50%)" or "NoPD" settings, or at least not one I could figure out. Setting it to "PD" only works as per the previous version, shooting only at missiles and fighters, trying out "PD" and "Hold(Flux>50%)" results in it still only targeting missiles and fighters, and then not firing at all once flux reaches at least 50%.

I find the PD (Flux>50%) setting useful for some modded PD weapons which can be pretty powerful if flux hungry, letting it fire at ships when low on flux for the DPS or to ward off enemy frigates/destroyers, but to reduce flux generation and stick to PD duty when the ship starts fluxing out.

Editing the Settings.editme file doesn't seem to affect the new version, no new tags appeared.

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2022, 01:10:46 PM »

Is there a fire mode that each weapon (especially missile) in a group that will engage a different target? As I've made an SM6 SAM for the anti-missile tasks but all the launchers in a group fire at the same target which wastes a lot of missiles and is very ineffective against a swarm of missiles.

Sorry, unfortunately there is not =/
I once played around with the opposite idea - forcing weapons from different groups to target the same thing - and it turned out that that didn't really fit into the architecture of the mod and it didn't feel worth changing the architecture to achieve this. Therefore, I'm afraid that adding this would require an unreasonable amount of effort.

Hi, just tested out the new alpha version of the mod.

One thing I noticed is that the in-combat GUI doesn't seem to shift properly with UI scaling. When running at 200% scale, the displayed location of the buttons/boxes and the actual clickable area to select options don't match.

Not sure if it helps, but the out-of-combat GUI(for both this new alpha and previous versions) scales fine, the visual buttons and the clickable area match up.

For a second thing, the new tag-based system doesn't seem to have a combination equivalent to the old "PD (Flux>50%)" or "NoPD" settings, or at least not one I could figure out. Setting it to "PD" only works as per the previous version, shooting only at missiles and fighters, trying out "PD" and "Hold(Flux>50%)" results in it still only targeting missiles and fighters, and then not firing at all once flux reaches at least 50%.

I find the PD (Flux>50%) setting useful for some modded PD weapons which can be pretty powerful if flux hungry, letting it fire at ships when low on flux for the DPS or to ward off enemy frigates/destroyers, but to reduce flux generation and stick to PD duty when the ship starts fluxing out.

Editing the Settings.editme file doesn't seem to affect the new version, no new tags appeared.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Hmm, the difference between the in-combat GUI and the campaign-GUI is that I use the Starsector-API for the campaign GUI, but I implemented the in-combat GUI from scratch using OpenGL. So I probably messed the implementation of the in-combat GUI up somehow. I assume that, for some reason, the rendering-position of the buttons gets scaled automatically, but the mouse cursor position does not (or vice versa). I'll look into it! If that's ok for you, I might approach you with a test build in the near-ish future, as my PC/monitor are pretty old, i.e. I don't think I can run Starsector at 200% scale.

Yeah, I am aware that the settings-file is kind of a mess right now. When you change the mode-list in the settings-file, it will actually only affect the legacy commands, not the tags available. I should have clarified that. I already mostly fixed those issues, but haven't released the fixes yet. I also fixed the issue with continiuous clicking noise while hovering over disabled buttons. I will release those fixes soon!

Also, I will add back the missing tags in the near future!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21