Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] AdvancedGunneryControl 1.17.0 - Updated for 0.97a  (Read 179011 times)

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
  • Grand Admiral of the Galactic Empire
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] AdvancedGunneryControl 0.13.0
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2022, 07:16:53 PM »

Is there a fire mode that each weapon (especially missile) in a group that will engage a different target? As I've made an SM6 SAM for the anti-missile tasks but all the launchers in a group fire at the same target which wastes a lot of missiles and is very ineffective against a swarm of missiles.

Sorry, unfortunately there is not =/
I once played around with the opposite idea - forcing weapons from different groups to target the same thing - and it turned out that that didn't really fit into the architecture of the mod and it didn't feel worth changing the architecture to achieve this. Therefore, I'm afraid that adding this would require an unreasonable amount of effort.

I've looked into the related APIs for weapon group and weapon ai, and sadly there are no APIs that force weapons to fire or assign a specific target so my conclusion is similar to yours. Thanks for your answer.

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2022, 12:06:43 PM »

1.1.0 is out.
This should fix the previously mentioned issues, add back in some tags (that previously existed as modes) and allows for defining custom thresholds (for Hold(Flx>X%) and PD(Flx>X%)) in the settings-file.

As long as no new bug-reports come in, I think I'll remove the ALPHA tag in a couple days and "officially" announce the new release.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 12:13:41 PM by DesperatePeter »

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2022, 10:11:25 AM »

Hi, I’ve been testing out the newest 1.1.0 version and I’ve run into some bugs. Just to preface this, but I am running the jre8 version of Starsector on windowed/borderless windowed mode with a bunch of other mods, so not sure if that might affect any of the results.

UI Scale Issue
UI scaling for the combat GUI matches up the visual buttons and clickable area now, but there is some issue with the scaling relative to the resolution. At the maximum scaling for each resolution (as per Starsector's default limits, 100% scaling at 1280x720, 200% scaling at 1920x1080 and 280% at 3840x2160), the combat GUI ends up positioned too far upper right. This usually results in the first weapon group being cut off from the top and everything right of Hold(Flx>50%) being cut off at the side. This varies slightly for each resolution-scaling combination, but all of them are cut off to some degree.

The positioning seems relative to the scaling-to-resolution ratio rather than the raw scaling percentage. 200% scaling at 3840x2160 is actually centered pretty well, while 200% scaling at 1920x1080 is badly offset.

I downgraded back to v1.0.0 for testing, and the visual combat GUI showed the same issue with the positioning at maximum scaling(albeit with the old visual-clickable mismatch issue)

I think this might be a bigger issue for people running on lower resolutions since the maximum scale for that is just 100% so they’d be permanently stuck with the offset combat GUI.

Weapon Group Tag Issue
Going back to v1.1.0, I’ve also noticed some problems with the new tag system. For the PD(Flx>50%) option, it seems to trigger based on flux generated somehow. With only the PD(Flx>50%) tag turned on, it causes weapons in the applied group to stop firing at non-PD targets when shields are turned on or other weapons are fired. This occurs even for weapons in the same weapon group, pairing say HVDs and vulcans in a single weapon group and setting PD(Flx>50%) on that group causes the vulcans to briefly stop firing at ships(frigates and up) whenever the HVDs fire. Turning on the shields causes all the weapons in that group to stop firing completely (at non-PD targets, they target fighters and missiles just fine)

I think it might be caused by the trigger condition since while flux is being generated, they target and fire at fighters and missiles correctly akin to the PD tag and can even be paired with the NoFighters tag to only target missiles.

Unfortunately, the new PD and PD(Flx>50%) tags also seems to apply the modified targeting to non-PD weapons in a mixed group, the earlier HVD+Vulcan mixed weapon group test resulted in the HVDs firing at missiles as well.

I went back to 0.13.2 to test and the old PD/PD(Flx>50%) setting correctly ignored non-PD weapons in mixed groups, letting them fire at ships regardless of the PD mode applied and didn’t let them fire at missiles while still applying the respective modified PD targeting to the PD weapons in that mixed group.

On a somewhat related manner, the Combat and Campaign GUI for v1.1.0 differs on the limitations of which tags can be applied to mixed PD and Non-PD weapon groups. The campaign GUI lets you apply the PD/NoPD/PD(Flx>50%) tags to mixed weapon groups, while the combat GUI blocks those tags (can't select or de-select and greyed out) for the same weapon group. Additionally, the PD(Flx>50%) is applicable to purely non-PD weapon groups in the campaign GUI.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 10:17:53 AM by Countable »

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2022, 03:18:34 AM »

Hi, I’ve been testing out the newest 1.1.0 version and I’ve run into some bugs. Just to preface this, but I am running the jre8 version of Starsector on windowed/borderless windowed mode with a bunch of other mods, so not sure if that might affect any of the results.
Thank you for the testing and provided feedback!

UI Scale Issue
UI scaling for the combat GUI matches up the visual buttons and clickable area now, but there is some issue with the scaling relative to the resolution. At the maximum scaling for each resolution (as per Starsector's default limits, 100% scaling at 1280x720, 200% scaling at 1920x1080 and 280% at 3840x2160), the combat GUI ends up positioned too far upper right. This usually results in the first weapon group being cut off from the top and everything right of Hold(Flx>50%) being cut off at the side. This varies slightly for each resolution-scaling combination, but all of them are cut off to some degree.

The positioning seems relative to the scaling-to-resolution ratio rather than the raw scaling percentage. 200% scaling at 3840x2160 is actually centered pretty well, while 200% scaling at 1920x1080 is badly offset.

I downgraded back to v1.0.0 for testing, and the visual combat GUI showed the same issue with the positioning at maximum scaling(albeit with the old visual-clickable mismatch issue)

I think this might be a bigger issue for people running on lower resolutions since the maximum scale for that is just 100% so they’d be permanently stuck with the offset combat GUI.
Haha, I guess I kind of knew that trying to implement a custom GUI with OpenGL would end up producing all kinds of weird issues, which is the reason I avoided it in earlier versions.
Thanks for the detailed description, I'll try to find a solution that works for different resolutions and scales!

Weapon Group Tag Issue
Going back to v1.1.0, I’ve also noticed some problems with the new tag system. For the PD(Flx>50%) option, it seems to trigger based on flux generated somehow. With only the PD(Flx>50%) tag turned on, it causes weapons in the applied group to stop firing at non-PD targets when shields are turned on or other weapons are fired. This occurs even for weapons in the same weapon group, pairing say HVDs and vulcans in a single weapon group and setting PD(Flx>50%) on that group causes the vulcans to briefly stop firing at ships(frigates and up) whenever the HVDs fire. Turning on the shields causes all the weapons in that group to stop firing completely (at non-PD targets, they target fighters and missiles just fine)

I think it might be caused by the trigger condition since while flux is being generated, they target and fire at fighters and missiles correctly akin to the PD tag and can even be paired with the NoFighters tag to only target missiles.

Unfortunately, the new PD and PD(Flx>50%) tags also seems to apply the modified targeting to non-PD weapons in a mixed group, the earlier HVD+Vulcan mixed weapon group test resulted in the HVDs firing at missiles as well.

I went back to 0.13.2 to test and the old PD/PD(Flx>50%) setting correctly ignored non-PD weapons in mixed groups, letting them fire at ships regardless of the PD mode applied and didn’t let them fire at missiles while still applying the respective modified PD targeting to the PD weapons in that mixed group.

On a somewhat related manner, the Combat and Campaign GUI for v1.1.0 differs on the limitations of which tags can be applied to mixed PD and Non-PD weapon groups. The campaign GUI lets you apply the PD/NoPD/PD(Flx>50%) tags to mixed weapon groups, while the combat GUI blocks those tags (can't select or de-select and greyed out) for the same weapon group. Additionally, the PD(Flx>50%) is applicable to purely non-PD weapon groups in the campaign GUI.

Again, thanks for the detailed description! I think I simply forgot to implement the logic where tags that are invalid for a weapon get removed...
Overall, I feel like these issues should be relatively easy to fix, so thanks for pointing them out!

I should have some time to work on them early next week.

Update:
As suspected, I simply forgot to remove tags that were invalid. I added that and it will be included in the next update. For the PD(Flux>X%)-tag: Te behavior you described came from the fact that the threshold was always 0%. I used the wrong regex to parse the threshold, therefore the function that was supposed to extract the threshold always returned 0... Will also be fixed in the next update.

Regarding the difference in the in-combat and campaign GUIs for mixed PD/non-PD weapons:
That was a bool-logic error on my part. I fixed the relevant line of code.
Code
if(true != ship.weaponGroupsCopy[index]?.weaponsCopy?.any { w -> createTag(str, w )?.isValid() == true }){
                    it.isDisabled = true
                }
the .any used to be .all. The line was supposed to read "When all tags are invalid, disable the button" but instead read "When not all tags are valid, disable the button".
Should be fixed in the next update.

Lastly, I simply forgot to add "PD(Flx>N%)" to the list of tags that require a PD weapon in the group to be available, so that was also an easy fix =)
In the combat GUI this didn't happen, because in there I can simply check the tag.isValid() method, because the weapon actually exists. In the campaign-GUI I have to use a different approach (namely, a list of tags that need a PD weapon), since the ship & weapon don't exist in the campaign layer.

So, hopefully, all the Weapon Group Tag Issues you mentioned should be fixed in the next update!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 04:53:47 AM by DesperatePeter »

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2022, 09:33:47 AM »

1.1.1 is out!

Turns out I had a little bit more time on my hands than I thought today and fixing the UI issues was easier than anticipated. At least I hope that I actually fixed them...

I essentially simply scaled all positions by the scaling multiplier and made positions relative, rather than absolute.
Additionally, I explicitly exposed the positioning values in the settings.editme-file. This means that, if you are having trouble with positioning of either the UI or tooltips/messages, you can adjust the positioning in the settings.

I tried a couple of resolutions and scaling multipliers (though my monitor only supports up to 1920x1080) and it looked fine to me. On the lowest possible resolutions (1280xN), the screen gets pretty cramped, but I'm afraid there's not much I can do about that =/
If this becomes a real issue for people, I could maybe consider using a smaller font and smaller buttons on low resolutions.

Of course the previously mentioned fixes to tags and tag selection are also included.

Please let me know if these fixes work or if there are still issues!

Thanks in advance and happy drug-smuggling!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 11:42:37 PM by DesperatePeter »

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2022, 09:07:53 PM »

1.1.1 is out!

Turns out I had a little bit more time on my hands than I thought today and fixing the UI issues was easier than anticipated. At least I hope that I actually fixed them...

I essentially simply scaled all positions by the scaling multiplier and made positions relative, rather than absolute.
Additionally, I explicitly exposed the positioning values in the settings.editme-file. This means that, if you are having trouble with positioning of either the UI or tooltips/messages, you can adjust the positioning in the settings.

I tried a couple of resolutions and scaling multipliers (though my monitor only supports up to 1920x1080) and it looked fine to me. On the lowest possible resolutions (1280xN), the screen gets pretty cramped, but I'm afraid there's not much I can do about that =/
If this becomes a real issue for people, I could maybe consider using a smaller font and smaller buttons on low resolutions.

Of course the previously mentioned fixes to tags and tag selection are also included.

Please let me know if these fixes work or if there are still issues!

Thanks in advance and happy drug-smuggling!

Hey, thanks for your continued work on this! Just a heads up though, but the link in this post seems to be blocked or malfunctioning. Tested on several browsers and devices and they all link to either a blank "https://" or "about:blank#blocked". The link to your github releases on the front page is fine though so most people probably wouldn't even notice the issue unless they come all the way to this page.

As for v1.1.1 itself, seems to work fine, UI is onscreen at both minimum and maximum scaling, the PD(Flx>N%) tag seems to work fine, tested at the default 50% and a modified 75% and mixed PD and non-PD weapon groups ignores ACG PD weapon tags for the non-PD weapons.

Unfortunately, I might have run into another issue. Something about the default setting(no AGC tag used) seems to be affecting weapons that are by default tagged PD_ONLY(in the weapon_data.csv), they seem to lose the PD_ONLY behavior and begin firing at ships(and fighters) as well. Probably a rather rare issue since PD_ONLY weapons aren't too common, I don't think there are any in vanilla starsector, and even mods usually only have them as built-in weapons if even that.

I tested it with weapons tagged with both "PD, PD_ONLY" tags or with only "PD_ONLY" and they both exhibited the same behavior of firing at non-PD targets.

Checked on weapons tagged with PD_ALSO, but those seem to work correctly, targeting ships over missiles/fighters if all 3 are in range but still firing at missiles if no other targets are within their firing area. So the problem seems to be only on PD_ONLY (at least as far as I've noticed).

Toggling the "DEFAULT" ship AI mode on AGC doesn't seem to affect this behavior, PD_ONLY weapons continue firing at non-PD targets while untagged. (Actually, what does the "DEFAULT" ship AI mode do? It doesn't seem to affect AGC tag behavior regardless of whether it's toggled on or off and it isn't a quick way to deselect all AGC tags either.)

Adding the weapon in question to the weaponBlacklist under modSettings.json also didn't seem to affect this PD_ONLY override behavior.

I also downgraded back to 0.13.2 to check, and the vanilla PD_ONLY being overridden problem didn't occur on that version if that helps.

Of course, the vanilla PD_ONLY behavior can be simulated with v1.1.1 AGC's PD and NoFighters tags so not too big a deal personally, but I do understand the argument about not wanting AGC to override vanilla behavior by default so eh~.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 03:26:09 AM by Countable »

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2022, 12:15:28 AM »

Hey, thanks for your continued work on this! Just a heads up though, but the link in this post seems to be blocked or malfunctioning. Tested on several browsers and devices and they all link to either a blank "https://" or "about:blank#blocked". The link to your github releases on the front page is fine though so most people probably wouldn't even notice the issue unless they come all the way to this page.

As for v1.1.1 itself, seems to work fine, UI is onscreen at both minimum and maximum scaling, the PD(Flx>N%) tag seems to work fine, tested at the default 50% and a modified 75% and mixed PD and non-PD weapon groups ignores ACG PD weapon tags for the non-PD weapons.

Unfortunately, I might have run into another issue. Something about the default setting(no AGC tag used) seems to be affecting weapons that are by default tagged PD_ONLY(in the weapon_data.csv), they seem to lose the PD_ONLY behavior and begin firing at ships(and fighters) as well. Probably a rather rare issue since PD_ONLY weapons aren't too common, I don't think there are any in vanilla starsector, and even mods usually only have them as built-in weapons if even that.

I tested it with weapons tagged with both "PD, PD_ONLY" tags or with only "PD_ONLY" and they both exhibited the same behavior of firing at non-PD targets.

Weapons tagged with PD_ALSO seems to work normally though, targeting ships over missiles/fighters if all 3 are in range but still firing at missiles if no other targets are within their firing area.

Toggling the "DEFAULT" ship AI mode on AGC doesn't seem to affect this behavior, PD_ONLY weapons continue firing at non-PD targets while untagged. (Actually, what does the "DEFAULT" ship AI mode do? It doesn't seem to affect AGC tag behavior regardless of whether it's toggled on or off and it isn't a quick way to deselect all AGC tags either.)

Adding the weapon in question to the weaponBlacklist under modSettings.json also didn't seem to affect this PD_ONLY override behavior.

I also downgraded back to 0.13.2 to check, and the vanilla PD_ONLY being overridden problem didn't occur on that version if that helps.

Of course, the vanilla PD_ONLY behavior can be simulated with v1.1.1 AGC's PD and NoFighters tags so not too big a deal personally, but I do understand the argument about not wanting AGC to override vanilla behavior by default so eh~.
Thank you again for your continuous testing and detailed bug reports, you really are a lifesaver!
I fixed the link and will try to fix the other issues on monday.
While both issues might not be too bad, I absolutely agree that they need fixing. I think that I should simply add some logic that, if there are no (valid, e.g. not blacklisted ) tags, my mod won't replace the default AI at all.
While the DEFAULT ship-mode might actually be working as I had intended (maybe not xD), it is probably confusing and at the very least inconsistent between the in-combat GUI and the campaign-GUI (and the tooltip being tailored for the campaign GUI probably doesn't help). I'll try to implement the campaign-GUI behavior for the in-combat GUI, I think that one is more intuitive and sensible.

So, thanks again!

Update: Just FYI, someone on discord reported that modifying the weapon loadout on ships and then opening the GUI can cause crashes. I will also look into that on monday.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 12:24:34 AM by DesperatePeter »

NotBox1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2022, 10:04:00 AM »

So recently found this mod and decided to try it, it worked perfectly until I ran into an issue. For some reason the mod is causing weapons to fire as soon as targets are in range (without moving turrets first) which leads to alot of friendly fire and also some weapons (I tested on heavy blaster) are always shooting at missiles whenever I have it on any setting other than opportunist which doesnt happen in vanilla testing.

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2022, 01:20:38 PM »

So recently found this mod and decided to try it, it worked perfectly until I ran into an issue. For some reason the mod is causing weapons to fire as soon as targets are in range (without moving turrets first) which leads to alot of friendly fire and also some weapons (I tested on heavy blaster) are always shooting at missiles whenever I have it on any setting other than opportunist which doesnt happen in vanilla testing.
Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it!
Just out of curiosity: Are you running version 1.1.1?
If so, I think the issue causing weapons that aren't PD weapons to shoot at missiles when no tags are set is related to the issue(s) previously mentioned by Countable.
I think I already identified the line of code causing this issue, I'll fix it and do some testing.
About the other issues (weapons shooting before aiming): I'll try to reproduce the issue and see if I can fix it, that definitely shouldn't happen.

NotBox1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2022, 09:43:07 PM »

Yeah Im on 1.1.1

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2022, 03:07:00 AM »

1.2.0-BETA is out!
Update: 1.3.0 is also out. It, again, fixes a few issues, adds hot-loading missing tags in the GUI and adds the ForceAutofire tag.

I believe it should fix all previously mentioned issues, at least according to my limited testing.
If an issue you previously reported is not fixed by this version, please let me know!

1.2.0 also adds back most of the modes/suffixes that were still missing as tags. (Have a look at Settings.editme to customize which tags appear in the GUIs).

Probably the most interesting new tag is the AvoidArmor-tag. From my initial testing, it appears to work as intended, but it might still have some issues.

It also cleans up lots of stuff, most importantly some small issues with the in-combat GUI design and loadout handling when inCombatPersistance was turned off in the settings.

Lastly, I decided to remove the legacy mode. I don't think anyone was really using it and it was a bad idea to try to maintain the legacy mode and all the code related to it alongside the new tag-based system.

What do you guys think about the default selection of enabled tags? Are there some tags not enabled by default that should be included? Are there some that should be disabled by default?
Keep in mind that the default list shouldn't get too long in order to still fit on the screen on lower resolutions (and to not completely overwhelm new users).

I'd say that 1.2.0 is pretty much feature-complete by now. Are there some usability-issues or features that are obviously missing? Note that I don't really want to add any completely new features, just features that fit into what the mod is currently doing. At least for the foreseeable future.

This might be a longshot, but if any of you are better at making videos than me (that shouldn't be too big a challenge :P), I would very much appreciate if someone could make a short showcase video for the new version. If not, I'll try to record one myself.

Thank you in advance for your feedback and bug reports, happy gaming!

Edit: A couple good suggestions came in via Discord that I will (try to) include in the next update:
  • When a weapon group has tags that aren't included in the tagList, these will be shown (already implemented, will be included in next update).
  • A ForceAutofire tag that works like the ship mode but only affects the selected tag.
  • An option for other mod authors to apply tags/ship modes via hullmods (very unlikely to happen in the near future)

« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 09:52:14 AM by DesperatePeter »

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile

1.4.0 is out!

It comes with some minor tweaks & fixes and includes a new mod integration feature: Other mods can now assign tags to enemy ships.

I also decided to lift the BETA tag and "officially" announce the 1.x version.

I feel like most of the worst bugs and issues have been ironed out by now, but I'm sure there are still a few to be discovered.

I'll be visiting my family for the next couple days, but once I'm back I'll have a look at any new bug reports.

As always, positive feedback is of course also appreciated =)

I hope you enjoy the new version, have fun cruising the sector!

Jang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Thanks for the update, have a good trip!

NotBox1

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Have a good trip.

In the mean time Ill just leave this here, Is it possible if you could include modular ship support. My game just crashes when I try to open open a modular ship in the AGC menu (could just be a me bug).

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile

Have a good trip.

In the mean time Ill just leave this here, Is it possible if you could include modular ship support. My game just crashes when I try to open open a modular ship in the AGC menu (could just be a me bug).

Thanks!

You are absolutely right, AGC doesn't support modular ships as of now. IIRC, I looked into supporting modular ships before, but it was not really feasible, since modules don't really have weapon groups, if I'm not mistaken. To be honest I don't fully remember, but it seemed like it would be a lot of work.

I think for now I'll just put in a safeguard to disable the GUI when a modular ship is selected. Does this happen in the combat GUI, campaign GUI or both?

Edit: Ok, that's weird. I just did some testing with the Cataclysm from Seeker, which has gun modules.
From my testing, the following happens:
When I open the ship in the campaign-GUI, the main-ship weapon groups get displayed and I can add tags freely.
When I open the ship in the combat-GUI, the same thing happens.
When I target a module via R-Key and open the combat-GUI, I can adjust weapon group tags for that module.
So, from my testing, everything seems to work fine.

Maybe it depends on the exact type of modular ships?
Which mod and hulltype were you using?
Could you maybe post the trace (the last couple lines of starsector.log located in Starsector/[starsector-core/]) of the crash?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 08:26:52 AM by DesperatePeter »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21